Windows 10: Win10 will not wake from sleep mode, potentially after 2004 update

Discus and support Win10 will not wake from sleep mode, potentially after 2004 update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This has only been an issue for the last few months as I rarely use sleep mode, but I noticed some time after the Windows 10 version 2004 update that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SoloMan89, Oct 16, 2020.

1. SoloMan89 Win User

Win10 will not wake from sleep mode, potentially after 2004 update

This has only been an issue for the last few months as I rarely use sleep mode, but I noticed some time after the Windows 10 version 2004 update that my system would no longer wake up after being placed in the sleep state.

When attempting to wake the system up from sleep, my case fans will all turn on including LED lighting, however it is very obvious that the hard drive has not waken up, no activity light, no monitor display, etc.

Strangely enough, after forcing to shut down by holding the power button and then restarting, the PC will return to a state that appears to be a wake up from sleep. As in, the start menu will be open, just as it is when waking from sleep rather than shutdown.

I am running Windows 10 Pro. All of the remainder of our family computers seem to be unaffected, but my system is the only one running Pro. ALL drivers are updated and my bios is running the latest version as well. Microsoft update fully updated manually with nothing pending.

Thanks.

:)

SoloMan89, Oct 16, 2020

2. Waking from sleep mode

Hi Kenneth,

For us to narrow down your concern with waking up your computer from sleep mode, we would like to know the following:

• Aside from Windows Update. were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Is this the first time you experienced the issue?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Send us a screenshot of your screen when you wake up your computer from sleep mode.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Oct 16, 2020
  3. Chadi Win User
    ASUS Laptop Won't Wake from Sleep Mode

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    System Model UX490UAR
    System Type x64-based PC
    SMBIOS Version 3.0

Problem: about 80% of the time, my laptop won't wake up from sleep mode via keyboard press or mouse move/click. I seem to be missing many common features in power plan too, even after fresh Windows 10 install.

Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Reinstalled Windows 10 (clean)
    2. Updated all drivers
    3. Replicated on multiple Windows 10 versions, updates
    4. BIOS latest version
    5. No USB devices attached, ever. Only USB-C power and bluetooth mouse
    6. Disabled "fast startup" in control panel

Win10 will not wake from sleep mode, potentially after 2004 update [​IMG]

Chadi, Oct 16, 2020
  4. Nick89 Win User

No internet when computer wakes from sleep mode

No Internet when computer wakes from sleep mode or from cold start until I disable the Local area connection and then enable it.

When I run the diagnostic after it fixes the connection it says this: Local Area connection doesn't have a valid IP configuration - Fixed

But its not fixed. Every time I wake my computer up from sleep mode after its been in sleep mode for a few hours I have to disable and then enable the Local area connection.

When the computer wakes up it has a yellow triangle warning of limited or no internet access. So I have to do the above every time I wake it up.

Things I've done so far: Update drivers, No fix.

Nick89, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Win10 will not wake from sleep mode, potentially after 2004 update - Similar Threads - Win10 wake sleep

2. Persistent BSODs after waking from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persistent BSODs after waking from sleep mode: Hi there,My Dell 5510 is constantly showing me BSODs, usually after I leave it in sleep mode e.g., stepping away for usually more than 30 minutes or just closing the laptop without turning it off. When I return and start working again, I either get a BSOD or the screen is...
  3. Persistent BSODs after waking from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Persistent BSODs after waking from sleep mode: Hi there,My Dell 5510 is constantly showing me BSODs, usually after I leave it in sleep mode e.g., stepping away for usually more than 30 minutes or just closing the laptop without turning it off. When I return and start working again, I either get a BSOD or the screen is...
  4. Windows10 after waking it from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows10 after waking it from sleep mode: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/KingFerdinand11 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/wsgiju/windows10_after_waking_it_from_sleep_mode/
  5. Volume booming after waking from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume booming after waking from sleep mode: Hello, Every time my laptop sleeps, upon waking the volume is super load giving me a nasty shock very often. When I unplug and replug the audio 3.5mm jack it fixes. It seems to me like the OS forgets that they're headphones after waking up and treats them as speakers, but the...
  6. W10 - BSOD after waking from sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    W10 - BSOD after waking from sleep mode: Hello,I have a laptop that keeps getting the BSOD when it comes out of sleep mode with the error code: "Unexpected Store Exception"I have tried checking for corrupted files, reinstalling drivers, scanning for viruses and even reinstalling Windows 10 but the issue still...
  7. Crash on wake from Sleep after 20H2 update WIN10

Crash on wake from Sleep after 20H2 update WIN10: I've been reverting back after the 20H2 update for a few months. When it installed it lagged the system so much I couldn't move the mouse to click anything. It updated again to 20H2 a few days ago, but this time said files were removed and it couldn't roll back. It is MUCH...
  8. Waking from sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Waking from sleep mode.: After a Windows 10 update four days ago, my desktop computer won't wake up after going into sleep mode. The only way I have been able to cope with this is to unplug the power for several seconds. How can I fix the problem so that touching the keyboard or mouse will wake up...
  9. Win10 1703 Will Not Wake From Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win10 1703 Will Not Wake From Sleep: YET ANOTHER PROBLEM I do NOT want to install windows 10 version 1809 OR 1903 they have way to much bloatware embedded, Why wont my machine wake up from sleep when i set my RAM to its proper XMP speed profile? Aorus X470 Gaming7 Wifi Motherboard 16GB DDR4 Corsair RGB...
  10. BSOD after waking computer from sleep mode

BSOD after waking computer from sleep mode: I had just finished about 4 hours of gaming and put my computer in sleep mode while I did some other personal things. Once I came back, I awoke my computer and when attempting to put in my log passcode, my computer froze. After about 1 minute, nothing had changed, so I forced...