Windows 10: Win10 Will Not Wake From Sleep YET ANOTHER PROBLEM

Discus and support Win10 Will Not Wake From Sleep YET ANOTHER PROBLEM in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; YET ANOTHER PROBLEM I do NOT want to install windows 10 version 1809 OR 1903 they have way to much bloatware embedded, Why wont my machine wake up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Paul_UK_73, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Win10 Will Not Wake From Sleep YET ANOTHER PROBLEM

YET ANOTHER PROBLEM

I do NOT want to install windows 10 version 1809 OR 1903 they have way to much bloatware embedded,

Why wont my machine wake up from sleep when i set my RAM to its proper XMP speed profile?

Aorus X470 Gaming7 Wifi Motherboard

16GB DDR4 Corsair RGB Ram (XMP 3466)

Ryzen 2700x CPU

Sleep will ONLY work when the ram is set to its JEDEC 2133 speed, clearly a hotfix needs to be sorted out here, i have tried everything and i mean everything, NOTHING fixes the issue.

Please don't mention all the usual stuff about switching power profiles and changing other windows settings because ive already tried everything.

Is there a hotfix available to sort this issue out?

I really am getting pretty sick and tired of all these problems, maybe you should totally start again from scratch and completely scrap windows 10.

:)

Paul_UK_73, Mar 6, 2019

2. Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Mar 6, 2019
  3. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 6, 2019
  4. WaytGibbs Win User

Win10 Will Not Wake From Sleep YET ANOTHER PROBLEM

Windows 10 - Problem waking up from sleep mode

This worked for me on a Lenovo Horizon2 27 all-in-one PC that was able to sleep manually but could not be wakened once sleeping after upgrading to Windows 10 Home.

I ran the powercfg /energy and examined the report as GoWMike describes. It showed no driver errors but suggested that there is a problem with the system's "High Performance" power setting that may prevent normal waking from manually induced sleep.

I used powercfg /list to show available modes, copied the GUID for Balanced mode, and then used this with the powercfg /activate command to change the plan.

I also used powercfg /devicequery wake_from_any

to get a list of device names for components capable of waking the system from sleep, and then I used

powercfg /deviceenablewake <devicename>

to make certain that the touchscreen and power button are armed to wake the machine.

After restarting, sleep and wake then functioned properly again.

WaytGibbs, Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

Win10 Will Not Wake From Sleep YET ANOTHER PROBLEM

1. Win10 Will Not Wake From Sleep YET ANOTHER PROBLEM - Similar Threads - Win10 Wake Sleep

2. Yet another Bitlocker problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yet another Bitlocker problem: HiMicrosoft has come up with a new way to bamboozle me. Bitlocker, something I've never even heard of, let alone used. Okay, the computer is used, so maybe some previous user used it, but as far as I know the machine had a clean Windows install before sale. The HDD I bought...
  3. Yet another Bitlocker problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Yet another Bitlocker problem: HiMicrosoft has come up with a new way to bamboozle me. Bitlocker, something I've never even heard of, let alone used. Okay, the computer is used, so maybe some previous user used it, but as far as I know the machine had a clean Windows install before sale. The HDD I bought...
  4. Win10 Desktop wakes up from sleep on it's own

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win10 Desktop wakes up from sleep on it's own: My Win10 Desktop wakes up from sleep on it's own. I've tried all the checks and changes recommended that I can find and none will work. I ran a "powercfg /requests" but am not sure how to read it. Is it saying that the VIA High Def Audio is the item causing a power-on...
  5. problem waking from sleep

problem waking from sleep: Hi Ive recently upgraded from win 10 ver1803 to version 1903 since then i am having issues with the computer not recovering from sleep mode. it tries to wake up, black screen, then it shuts down and restarts. I get event id 41 in event viewer[ATTACH]...
  6. Yet another IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Yet another IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL problem: My friend's games keep crashing while playing games like PUBG and Path of Exile. Here is the result from a "WhoCrashed" analysis of the latest dump: Crash Dump Analysis Crash dumps are enabled on your computer. Crash dump directories: C:\WINDOWS C:\WINDOWS\Minidump On Tue...
  7. Boot Problem and Wake from Sleep Problem

Boot Problem and Wake from Sleep Problem: Some, but not all, of the time when I boot the machine I get a message stating that overclocking failed. I have never tried to overclock the machine. The temporary fix appears to be to press F1 to configure, do nothing, press F10 to exit, get a message telling me I have...
  8. Win10 1703 Will Not Wake From Sleep

Win10 1703 Will Not Wake From Sleep: YET ANOTHER PROBLEM I do NOT want to install windows 10 version 1809 OR 1903 they have way to much bloatware embedded, Why wont my machine wake up from sleep when i set my RAM to its proper XMP speed profile? Aorus X470 Gaming7 Wifi Motherboard 16GB DDR4 Corsair RGB...
  9. Problems waking from sleep state

Problems waking from sleep state: Fresh install of Windows 10 Pro x64 has an issue waking from sleep. Moving mouse/pressing keyboard wakes the computer, and once desktop displays, the mouse and keyboard does not function and ethernet has red X. Mouse is wireless (USB transceiver) and switching USB ports will...
  10. Yet another W10 sleep bug

in Windows 10 Support
    Yet another W10 sleep bug: My daughters HP laptop had sleep issues when W10 came out but one of the W10 updates fixed it. It recently started having sleep problems - One of the W10 updates most likely broke it again. (currently running 14393.479) I noticed that if you turn the laptop ON, don't...