Windows 10: win10 wireless tools connect the WIFI network fail via WPS when there are multiple...

Discus and support win10 wireless tools connect the WIFI network fail via WPS when there are multiple... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My home wireless network use Netgear Orbi WIFI system.The Netgear Orbi WIFI system is WIFI mesh system, so all wireless SSID and passphrase are same.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JackXiang, Feb 21, 2019.

1. JackXiang Win User

win10 wireless tools connect the WIFI network fail via WPS when there are multiple...

My home wireless network use Netgear Orbi WIFI system.The Netgear Orbi WIFI system is WIFI mesh system, so all wireless SSID and passphrase are same. the wireless encryption is WPA2-PSK. As the following:

1. Firstly I use Win10 wireless tools to scan the openair network info and select my wirless SSID.

win10 wireless tools connect the WIFI network fail via WPS when there are multiple... aa933493-40f9-42bc-a28b-21121f858371?upload=true.png

2. When I select my network SSID and windows reminder "You can also connect by pushing the button on the router"

win10 wireless tools connect the WIFI network fail via WPS when there are multiple... 0b29bf74-b788-466b-9490-4781ea436e06?upload=true.png

3. So I press my router WPS button, waiting for a moment, the windows promtp the wifi connection is fail and ask me input the WIFI security key manually.

win10 wireless tools connect the WIFI network fail via WPS when there are multiple... bbdcb183-3f41-4d57-ba64-d5d4ec363d3f?upload=true.png

In my test, I found if only have one router WIFI SSID, this issue won't happen. While some routers WIFI SSID existed, the issue happen easily.

Win7 also have same phenomenon.

I use Android phone don't this issue.

:)

JackXiang, Feb 21, 2019
  2. TAU
    Tau Win User

Multiple network/dsl connections??

You could connect to multiple networks and use each network for a seperate task, though there would be a fair bit of setup involved.... but it would pay off (my prototypign box is setup on 3 networks *Smile win10 wireless tools connect the WIFI network fail via WPS when there are multiple... :)

3. Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Feb 21, 2019
  4. win10 wireless tools connect the WIFI network fail via WPS when there are multiple...

Unable to print to a network printer when connected to both wireless and wired networks

Hi Eileen,

• As far as i'm aware nothing has changed
    • i have only tried to send test pages to the network printer so im assuming so yes
    • wireless printer works fine when connected to both networks. However the wifi doesn't connect auto when an Ethernet connection is established this has to be manually connected.
    I have tried the following:

• updated the print driver
    • changed the network port it was plugged into
    • ran windows updates
    • configured with a static
    • changed the wifi and Ethernet priority
    I will run through the trouble shoot steps as suggest and come back to you.

FYI - he has a number of extenders dotted around, a collegue mentioned it could be a subnet issue?

thanks, Ben

BenDavies12333, Feb 21, 2019
Thema:

win10 wireless tools connect the WIFI network fail via WPS when there are multiple...

1. win10 wireless tools connect the WIFI network fail via WPS when there are multiple... - Similar Threads - win10 wireless tools

2. PC connected via Lan and Phone connected via Wifi not in the same network.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC connected via Lan and Phone connected via Wifi not in the same network.: I have my PC connected via Lan Cable and my phone connected via Wifi. Remote file access to my phone does not work and the error says that my phone is not connected on the network. I also have the similar error using Window's Phone link. Can you help me resolve this so that I...
  3. PC connected via Lan and Phone connected via Wifi not in the same network.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC connected via Lan and Phone connected via Wifi not in the same network.: I have my PC connected via Lan Cable and my phone connected via Wifi. Remote file access to my phone does not work and the error says that my phone is not connected on the network. I also have the similar error using Window's Phone link. Can you help me resolve this so that I...
  4. PC connected via Lan and Phone connected via Wifi not in the same network.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Wifi/wireless connection

Wifi/wireless connection: I just want to share this. After a recent update my WIFI connection was disabled, I contacted Microsoft Support for help, they tried but to no avail. Every thing from Reset, uninstall, reinstall ,system restore ,etc. didn't work. When ever I trouble shoot the troubleshoot...
  6. connect to internet via ethernet and wifi but to network only on wifi

connect to internet via ethernet and wifi but to network only on wifi: Hello. I have three Dell XPS PCs connected via a Verizon Actiontec router to each other and to the internet, all running Windows 10 (two preinstalled, one upgraded from Windows 7). All connect fine to the internet via Ethernet and wifi, but they can only see/connect to each...
  7. Wireless network failed

Wireless network failed: Hello everyone. I got in trouble now. Firstly I found I cannot open start menu with clicking the icon nor pressing win key. Since I can shutdown pc with cmd so I didn't care. Then I found I cannot connect to WiFi.The WiFi around won't be shown on the tab.And I cannot...
  8. How to auto connect to multiple wifi networks?

How to auto connect to multiple wifi networks?: Hi all. Can you help me configure my Win10 to automatically connect to multiple wifi networks? I have wifi at home so when I get to the office I have to configure the "manage wifi settings" on my laptop, click "forget" my home wifi, and manually enter the office wifi...
  9. Wireless internet works, multiple devices not connecting via ethernet

Wireless internet works, multiple devices not connecting via ethernet: Last week or so, we had a storm, and devices got unplugged. Internet service was out briefly. Wireless internet came back shortly after, but my desktop and our PS4 both can't connect to the internet via ethernet, and I can't figure out why. I've done the usual stuff: power...
  10. Cannot connect to network computer via WiFi

Cannot connect to network computer via WiFi: I have two computers: a desktop with no WiFi (Ethernet only) and a laptop (Ethernet and WiFi). Using Ethernet on both computers I am able to see and share files both ways and all works perfectly. Using WiFi on the laptop I can connect with the desktop machine but not the...