Windows 10: Win10 with 1 TB+ USB Drives

Discus and support Win10 with 1 TB+ USB Drives in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have two different 2.5 SATA drive USB cables I've been using for a long time. When I have a 1 TB drive on these cables they are not working in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jgpa, Feb 21, 2020.

1. jgpa Win User

Win10 with 1 TB+ USB Drives

I have two different 2.5 SATA drive USB cables I've been using for a long time.

When I have a 1 TB drive on these cables they are not working in win10. I can create a new volume, assign a drive letter, disk management shows it as online. Formatting fails either in a command prompt or from disk management. in DM the error message is it couldn't be formatted because the disk was offline, despite DM showing me it is online.

Digging in diskpart shows that this volume not disk is the thing that is offline, trying to online it fails.

These disks and these cables work perfectly in many win7 boxes. These cables with smaller drives 500 GB and less work perfectly on win 10 machines. Only on win 10 and with 1 TB+ do these not work.

I am completely at wits end here trying to get these drives functioning. Over the last couple weeks I have seen this exact behavior on 3 different win10 machines.

Thanks.

:)

2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Feb 21, 2020
  3. 1 TB Hard Drive connected to USB cable form my PC USB

Hi

please advise what can I do

I have a 1-TB Hard Drive that I use for external use and carry it around me

I connected it to my PC USB I can see it but it does on my PC

Mr i kenny, Feb 21, 2020
  4. Win10 with 1 TB+ USB Drives

1 TB Hard Drive connected to USB cable form my PC USB

SORRY!!!

I can see it on my pc but can not open

Mr i kenny, Feb 21, 2020
Thema:

Win10 with 1 TB+ USB Drives

1. Win10 with 1 TB+ USB Drives - Similar Threads - Win10 TB+ USB

2. C drive = SSD 128 GB, D drive = Hard Drive 1 TB

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C drive = SSD 128 GB, D drive = Hard Drive 1 TB: I reset my computer because Windows kept installing software on the C drive. When it loaded back up it installed windows 10 files on the C drive again. I went everything to be on the D drive. I went into settings and changed the storage to D, but how do I get windows 10 files...
  3. a new ad on 2 TB usb drive

a new ad on 2 TB usb drive: How should I procede to install as my new F: drive? Installing on my Acer aspire M https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-new-ad-on-2-tb-usb-drive/c1b1abbc-2cca-4976-9118-cb274b007bc0
  4. USB drive not accessible in Win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB drive not accessible in Win10: I have several drives that I use for backups. I am finding that when I unplug and replug them that I get a dialog the they are not accessible, access denied. I do use the hardware eject to remove them safely. When they are plugged in, they come up with the previously assigned...
  5. Raid 1 Drives disappeared in Win10

Raid 1 Drives disappeared in Win10: I am using a Dell T-130 server running Windows 10 pro since 2017. The machine is setup to use RAID in the bios. there is a C: drive that the machine boots from and there are 3 identical 1.8T drives that are in a RAID 1 config. These show as D: drive. There is also a DVR RW...
  6. DiskPart formatting 1 TB external drive

DiskPart formatting 1 TB external drive: Proper drive selected, partition created. Running DISKPART> FORMAT FS=NTFS LABEL=BACKUP It's been running for over three hours and still shows only 1% complete. It must be locked up, because I can't imagine that it would take several days to format a 1 TB drive. I'm...
  7. USB 2 TB flash drive

USB 2 TB flash drive: My computer read this usb drive at one time now isnt reading it. Can anyone help. I checked the drivers and the settings but it hasnt helped https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-2-tb-flash-drive/8eaf1b7f-26d1-4e4d-9152-065263607892
  8. 1 TB Hard Drive connected to USB cable form my PC USB

1 TB Hard Drive connected to USB cable form my PC USB: Hi please advise what can I do I have a 1-TB Hard Drive that I use for external use and carry it around me I connected it to my PC USB I can see it but it does on my PC...
  9. 1 TB hard drive to be formatted in Fat32

1 TB hard drive to be formatted in Fat32: I am trying to set up this drive so I can use it to record movies too. I have windows10 and do not have an option to format the drive. I tried to use AOMEI to format the drive. I have to have the drive set up as FAT32 or it is useless to me....
  10. Samsung 1 Tb backup drive has stopped functioning with Drive Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Samsung 1 Tb backup drive has stopped functioning with Drive Manager: I am running Windows 10 on a fast, powerful desktop computer I built myself when I was (until March 2018) Comp TIA A+ quailified. I just did a fresh installation of Windows 10 because it had become corrupted. Now I tried to run Drive Manager for the first time since June...