Windows 10: Win10 won’t boot after installing new ram, can’t boot into recovery tools.

Discus and support Win10 won’t boot after installing new ram, can’t boot into recovery tools. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I installed 8gb (2x4gb Corsair Vengeance LPX ddr4 3000Mhz) on top of the 8gb already in my Ryzen 5 1600 system (ASUS ROG Strix B350F-Gaming... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by nhare09, Jan 1, 2019.

1. nhare09 Win User

Win10 won’t boot after installing new ram, can’t boot into recovery tools.

I installed 8gb (2x4gb Corsair Vengeance LPX ddr4 3000Mhz) on top of the 8gb already in my Ryzen 5 1600 system (ASUS ROG Strix B350F-Gaming motherboard)

1. The ram is compatible, and not defective

2. my motherboard supports up to 64gb of ram

My windows 10 boots just fine with the 8gb but as soon as I install the rest, it gives me an error code 0xc0000221 and shows me a different file every time.

my options are enter to try again, f1 to enter recovery environment (which just reboots me to the same screen), f8 for startup settings, and esc for UEFI.

I have tried using recovery tools, i have a USB recovery drive and a USB windows installation drive. both of which show the same “your pc/device needs to be repaired” BSOD upon attempt to boot.

when trying to boot into the OS, i press f8 and it does nothing, it is supposed to open the windows recovery environment, but it does not. Since i cannot get the recovery environment open, i cannot use the troubleshoot feature in there.

since my recovery drive and installation media wont boot, i cannot use the recovery tools there.

how am i supposed to get my PC to boot with this new ram?

:)

nhare09, Jan 1, 2019
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Jan 1, 2019
  3. New build won't boot

Don't set the date, just let Windows take care of it once it's installed. And instead of setting the DVD as the boot drive, hit whatever key takes you to the boot device menu. There's definitely something wrong, of course, just a suggestion to get you going. I agree with people saying check all the other settings like RAM, to make sure something isn't being improperly detected that makes you have to change it by hand.

Studabaker, Jan 1, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

How does Windows boot to advanced recovery option e.g. command prompt?

- that gives me a 454 'Unexpected error' This tells me that the BCD is partially corrupted.

The commands: shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
    or: %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c reagentc /boottore&shutdown /r /f /t 00
    should boot into Recovery if everything is configured correctly.
    FYI, If Windows is configured correctly:
    1. If Reagentc is disabled, you still can get into Recovery but with limited options.
    2. If Reagentc is enabled, you'll get all options.
    3. If you boot Windows using Recovery USB stick, You'll get into Recovery with couple of options missing.

Here's my suggestion if you want to try:
    OPTION 1: Will save the trouble of re-install Windows.

1. Download the image of my first 3 partitions (450MB Recovery, 100 MB EFI partition, and 16MB unformatted primary)
      EFI_Boot-00-00.7z - Google Drive
    2. Run Macrium and restore the image from step 1, overwriting your existing 1st three partitions, leaving C alone.
    3. Delete the 490MB Recovery partition.
    4. From Macrium, run fix boot problems.
    5. Reboot. Open Admin command prompt then run Reagentc /info to make sure that it is enabled. If not, enable it.
      if failed to enable, reboot and try again.
    OPTION 2: Assuming you've already had Windows backup with Macrium.

1. Wipe out the first 5 parttiions. (450MB, 100MB, 16MB, C Drive, 480MB)
    2. Fresh install Windows 10
    3. Restore C drive from backup image, run fix boot problems
    4. repeat step 5 from OPTION 1 above.

topgundcp, Jan 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Win10 won’t boot after installing new ram, can’t boot into recovery tools. - Similar Threads - Win10 won’t boot

2. Computer not Booting after Installing New RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer not Booting after Installing New RAM: Recently I wanted to replace my Corsair Vengeance, 4800mhz, Sodimm, DDR5 x2 16gb RAM sticks with the exact same sticks but x2 32gb RAM. After installing the two new RAM sticks the computer won't boot up. I press the power button, it lights up and nothing else happens. It...
  3. Computer not Booting after Installing New RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not Booting after Installing New RAM: Recently I wanted to replace my Corsair Vengeance, 4800mhz, Sodimm, DDR5 x2 16gb RAM sticks with the exact same sticks but x2 32gb RAM. After installing the two new RAM sticks the computer won't boot up. I press the power button, it lights up and nothing else happens. It...
  4. Windows won’t boot after new hard drive installation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows won’t boot after new hard drive installation: I’m going to try to be as detailed as possible here. I know I made some mistakes along the way so I would like to both fix those issues as well as use the upgraded storage. Here I go. I recently got a new SSD, that’s not the important part, I put that into my laptop and all...
  5. Windows won’t boot after new hard drive installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won’t boot after new hard drive installation: I’m going to try to be as detailed as possible here. I know I made some mistakes along the way so I would like to both fix those issues as well as use the upgraded storage. Here I go. I recently got a new SSD, that’s not the important part, I put that into my laptop and all...
  6. Windows won’t boot after new hard drive installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Can’t boot clean install of Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can’t boot clean install of Win10: i have a dual boot setup and was not able to complete updates on one of the os’s so decided to do a clean install of it with the new update. Used a dvd install after downloading the iso file from MS, the install finished and i was able to get through the initia setup of the...
  8. New RAM won’t boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New RAM won’t boot: I recently upgraded from 1x4gb to 2x4gb (different kits) and when i try to boot i just get a black screen. I have cleared the bios and tried different frequences. I have tried to restore windows through the advanced boot options. With one 4gb stick installed, it will boot...
  9. Win10 won’t boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 won’t boot: , I wonder if anyone can help. I decided to upgrade my gpu but prior I decided to move my Samsung Evo 850 500gb ssd from one bay to another. When I reconnected and booted back up all I got was the windows splash screen and when I press enter to get to the login window the...
  10. Windows 10 Not Booting After New RAM Install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Not Booting After New RAM Install: I recently purchased G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9D-8GBXL for my computer. I ran a memory test with memtest86+ and my old memory had 175 errors, which is not good. So I purchased the new ram,...