Windows 10: Win10 won't boot; all recover/reset attempts fail

Discus and support Win10 won't boot; all recover/reset attempts fail in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 activated hard drive that was credit online from Windows 7.It doesn't boot anymore, and all of the tools that come up during... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RichardHarlos, Nov 20, 2021.

1. Win10 won't boot; all recover/reset attempts fail

I have a Windows 10 activated hard drive that was credit online from Windows 7.It doesn't boot anymore, and all of the tools that come up during Diagnostics have not fixed the problem. I've gone into the command prompt and followed instructions to fix the m b r and the boot can rebuild a b c d and scan OS, and it still won't boot.The drive itself is readable because when I select command prompt from the boot Diagnostics, I see and can navigate into all of the directories and my files are still present so whatever happened, appears only to be related 2 booting, the drive itself appears to be fi

:)

RichardHarlos, Nov 20, 2021
  2. AH1
    AH1 Win User

Windows Won't Load After Graphics Card Install

I tested the card on the new install of Windows on a different blank HD. This time, instead of freezing, I received a BSOD saying something along the lines of "Attempt to reset display driver and recover from a timeout failed."

I went to bed after that and never had the chance to reseat the card. I suppose that is the next step. If that doesn't work, I'm going to assume the card itself is defective and RMA it.

3. jjjjswan Win User
    Windows 10 attempting to recover installation

Appreciate your assistance.

Have attempted your instructions however the windows logo does not appear at any stage in the loop. The loop goes:-

Option ROM

Dell logo

The pc makes a flickering noise

Attempting to recover

Restoring your previous version

The loop then continues.

I attempted the rebooting with the Dell logo with no effect.

Any more suggestions?

jjjjswan, Nov 20, 2021
  4. IggSter Win User

Win10 won't boot; all recover/reset attempts fail

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Nov 20, 2021
Thema:

Win10 won't boot; all recover/reset attempts fail

1. Win10 won't boot; all recover/reset attempts fail - Similar Threads - Win10 won't boot

2. All attempts to recover this installation failed on a loop - help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All attempts to recover this installation failed on a loop - help!: I have a huge problem. While i was resetting my pc, My laptop charger accidently got plugged off and instantly turned off on 21% my laptop battery is bad, the next time I started, I keep getting this popup on a loop "all attempts to recover this installation failed. please go...
  3. All attempts to recover this installation failed on a loop - help!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All attempts to recover this installation failed on a loop - help!: I have a huge problem. While i was resetting my pc, My laptop charger accidently got plugged off and instantly turned off on 21% my laptop battery is bad, the next time I started, I keep getting this popup on a loop "all attempts to recover this installation failed. please go...
  4. all attempts to recover this installation failed on a loop - help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    all attempts to recover this installation failed on a loop - help!: I have a huge problem. While i was resetting my pc, My laptop charger accidently got plugged off and instantly turned off on 21% my laptop battery is bad, the next time I started, I keep getting this popup on a loop "all attempts to recover this installation failed. please go...
  5. VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE 116 Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE 116 Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.: PCdumpVIDEO_TDR_FAILURE 116Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.Arguments:Arg1: ffffc681c39b0460, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT.Arg2: fffff8035bde6bd8, The pointer into responsible device driver module...
  6. Win10 won't boot; all recover/reset attempts fail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 won't boot; all recover/reset attempts fail: I have a Windows 10 activated hard drive that was credit online from Windows 7.It doesn't boot anymore, and all of the tools that come up during Diagnostics have not fixed the problem. I've gone into the command prompt and followed instructions to fix the m b r and the boot...
  7. Win10 won't boot; all recover/reset attempts fail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 won't boot; all recover/reset attempts fail: I have a Windows 10 activated hard drive that was credit online from Windows 7.It doesn't boot anymore, and all of the tools that come up during Diagnostics have not fixed the problem. I've gone into the command prompt and followed instructions to fix the m b r and the boot...
  8. Win10 won't boot

Win10 won't boot: Win10 is installed on a SSD and has had no problems until the other day. I have connected the SSD to my other PC and copied its contents. The SSD is C: drive and the system reserved parttion has letter F: If I try to boot from the SSD I get the error "no OS found" or...
  9. Windows 10 not booting, restoring, resetting. Attempting to recover installation, undoing...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 not booting, restoring, resetting. Attempting to recover installation, undoing...: Hi, Last night I was working on a very important project for my internship application process and windows decided it would be a good time to close out of everything I was working on and do a "Automatic Update", even thought the first thing I did when I build my computer was...
  10. win10 won't boot, recover doesn't help, outta solutions

win10 won't boot, recover doesn't help, outta solutions: Hello, I have a problem with my installation on windows 10 (upgraded from win7 about a year ago), it won't boot. It has bootloop, automatic repair, which doen't help. I have tried all the options in it. It is in a laptop on a HDD, have had it for a few years, always worked...