Windows 10: win10 won't boot, recover doesn't help, outta solutions

Discus and support win10 won't boot, recover doesn't help, outta solutions in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have a problem with my installation on windows 10 (upgraded from win7 about a year ago), it won't boot. It has bootloop, automatic repair,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by max1668, Dec 7, 2018.

1. max1668 Win User

win10 won't boot, recover doesn't help, outta solutions

Hello,

I have a problem with my installation on windows 10 (upgraded from win7 about a year ago), it won't boot. It has bootloop, automatic repair, which doen't help. I have tried all the options in it. It is in a laptop on a HDD, have had it for a few years, always worked ok. Recently I have upgraded it with a 120gb SSD. On it I have installed win 10 pro. So I had 2 win 10 systems on my laptop. Both installations worked ok for a few days, then I ran some repair software and uninstalled a few programs from win 10 on my HDD. After reset the win 10 on HDD didn't boot anymore, can't even boot into safe mode. Although win 10 pro on SSD works without any problem, and I have access to HDD and files, but not download folder. I have tried so many solutions hardware and software wise, loaded bios defaults, tried with installation win10 disc, bootrec in command prompt, bootrec fixboot says access denied, It also shows there is no windows installation on HDD, tried to system restore, it said something like disk is locked, now tried again only restore point was gone, have used mbam on it and kaspersky repair tool from USB, ... I can't seem to get it to boot /start. Can anyone try to help me remedy this.

Many thanks, Max

:)

max1668, Dec 7, 2018

2. Win10 start menu won`t open (SOLUTION)

To all people that suffer from same problems as I did:

-Win 10`s start menu won`t open after restart

-Win 10`s menu stops working after few days if your pc has been idle or just on.

-Win 10`s menu works after AC power down

-Win 10`s menu won`t work after restart unless you log out and relog through CTRL+ALT+DEL

It took me 7 hours to find cause of this problem, lots program reinstallations and browsing through internet.

Even Microsoft support didn`t provide the right answer for this problem, they just give you commands and advices to create new accounts, cleanup this, reinstall that, clean boot this, normal boot that. But what they don`t say is that all those problems are
    caused by their so called "feature" that released with their "Fall Creators Update". A feature that saves some data into the memory, so after restart it start`s to open all your chrome windows and other programs.

CAUSE:

Your windows might get some conflicts with some programms during the session, before the update if you shutdown/restart your pc, windows where just dumping all the data out of the window, after the update it started to save it to the memory (including all the
    conflicted data). THANK YOU MICROSOFT!

SOLUTION:

Go to your Search icon on the taskbar, type > Settings > Accounts > Sing-In options > Under "Privacy" uncheck/disable "Use my sing-in info to automatically setting up my device after an update or restart" > Restart

Hope it helps folks!

3DArtist

And ofcourse:

Microsoft, you`ve already forced us into updates with Win10.

Will you now please stop screwing up windows even more with your pointless system breaking features!

Stop reinventing the wheel.

3DArtist_007, Dec 7, 2018
  3. MikkoSL Win User
    Office files doesn´t open after Win10 update

After Win10 update, some of office files won´t open.
    Some .docx and .pptx files especially.

Any hints on this issue?

MikkoSL, Dec 7, 2018
  4. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

1. win10 won't boot, recover doesn't help, outta solutions - Similar Threads - win10 won't boot

2. Win10 won't boot; all recover/reset attempts fail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 won't boot; all recover/reset attempts fail: I have a Windows 10 activated hard drive that was credit online from Windows 7.It doesn't boot anymore, and all of the tools that come up during Diagnostics have not fixed the problem. I've gone into the command prompt and followed instructions to fix the m b r and the boot...
  3. Win10 won't boot; all recover/reset attempts fail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 won't boot; all recover/reset attempts fail: I have a Windows 10 activated hard drive that was credit online from Windows 7.It doesn't boot anymore, and all of the tools that come up during Diagnostics have not fixed the problem. I've gone into the command prompt and followed instructions to fix the m b r and the boot...
  4. Win10 won't boot; all recover/reset attempts fail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Locked outta computer

Locked outta computer: HP monitor has self contained operating system with Microsoft Windows 10, which currently is in a deep freeze and has disabled the keyboard and mouse, any how-to's on fixing it? Oh, the monitor is touch screen but seems unresponsive, is there a power on/off back...
  6. Windows won't boot or recover

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows won't boot or recover: I switched from dp to hdmi to be greeted by a blank, black screen on boot. I tried restarting, nothing. Switching back to dp, nothing. I tried recovery but it just rebooted. After that if I booted without the recovery drive and it came up with a black screen but this time...
  7. Win10 won't boot

Win10 won't boot: Win10 is installed on a SSD and has had no problems until the other day. I have connected the SSD to my other PC and copied its contents. The SSD is C: drive and the system reserved parttion has letter F: If I try to boot from the SSD I get the error "no OS found" or...
  8. Windows 10 won't boot or recover

Windows 10 won't boot or recover: Hello long time Windows user here and my first time asking a question here My Windows 10 custom build PC is having issues. Last night after I hit control alt delete out of a game not working correctly Civilization 3 I tried a lot of scans via powershell and cmd and none of...
  9. Help, win10 installer won't boot from usb

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help, win10 installer won't boot from usb: Trying to boot a win 10 ver. 2004 (may 2020) installer from a USB and even tried booting from a DVD. It gets stuck before the installer opens, just a frozen screen with either the motherboard logo or the blue windows logo. Motherboard is Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H ver. 2.0 I have...
  10. Dell insp. 3558 won't boot, recover, or reload new install (Win10)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell insp. 3558 won't boot, recover, or reload new install (Win10): Got blue screen using edge (whole different issue). No longer able to boot. Get to preparing automatic repair message but then goes dark screen. Tried using recovery disk I made when I got laptop. Also tried making new one from Dell link. Tried secure and legacy boot....