Windows 10: Win10 won't boot

Discus and support Win10 won't boot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Win10 is installed on a SSD and has had no problems until the other day. I have connected the SSD to my other PC and copied its contents. The SSD is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by doorslammer74, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Win10 won't boot

Win10 is installed on a SSD and has had no problems until the other day.

I have connected the SSD to my other PC and copied its contents.

The SSD is C: drive and the system reserved parttion has letter F:

If I try to boot from the SSD I get the error "no OS found" or similar Yet there is a Windows & boot folder on C: drive.

From Win10 CD startup repair doesn't work

In command prompt sfc/scannow "No violations found"

Bootrec /fixmbr "Successful"

Bootrec /fixboot "Access denined"

Bootrec /scanos "Total indentified windows installation: 0

Where do I go from here please?

If it helps I can work on the SSD on my other PC

Thanks

:)

doorslammer74, Aug 6, 2020
  2. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Aug 6, 2020
  3. Won't boot after Win10 recovery

Thanks for the reply.

I downloaded the Win10 Media Creation Tool and selected "Create installation media for another PC", using a USB thumb drive. Tried plugging it into the Toshiba ultrabook and got the same result - nothing after the splash screen. (The hard drive light continues
    for a minute or so after the blank screen, then stops.)

Decided to try the steps listed under "Create a bootable copy on a blank DVD or USB thumb drive". I re-formatted the thumb drive. Downloaded the .iso file, right-clicked on it, selected "Burn Disk Image", but the thumb drive wasn't an option. It appeared
    to be looking for a DVD drive or nothing.

I appreciate all of your suggestions, but I'm still stuck. I almost think I'd need to buy a new hard drive with Win10 already installed and try replacing the hard drive in the ultrabook. Probably won't do that, though, since my goal is to contribute it
    somewhere it's needed and wouldn't want to sink the extra money into it to do so.

Any other ideas?

EricBroder, Aug 6, 2020
  4. GNJha Win User

Win10 won't boot

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

Win10 won't boot

1. Win10 won't boot - Similar Threads - Win10 won't boot

2. Win10 won't boot, won't get into recovery mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 won't boot, won't get into recovery mode: Hi everyone,I wanted to roll back the windows to a previous restore point, unfortunately and unexpectedly the windows shut down during "restore point registry" I realized the power cord wasn't working properly and caused my laptop to shut down, battery wasn't enough to...
  3. Win10 won't boot, won't get into recovery mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 won't boot, won't get into recovery mode: Hi everyone,I wanted to roll back the windows to a previous restore point, unfortunately and unexpectedly the windows shut down during "restore point registry" I realized the power cord wasn't working properly and caused my laptop to shut down, battery wasn't enough to...
  4. Win10 won't boot, won't get into recovery mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Won't boot win10 64bit after install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Won't boot win10 64bit after install: Right after win10 install when it's restarting I have a black screen which turns my monitor off and on, meaning the computer is recognising it's booting? However it just stops and repeats this process. I know there isn't a problem with my build as I am able to download and...
  6. Win10 won't boot, won't repair BSOD trying to boot safe mode

Win10 won't boot, won't repair BSOD trying to boot safe mode: I recently upgraded from 7 to 10, I have version 2004. It has 3 SSDs. It's been working fine for a couple of weeks, but last night it crashed 3 times and after the 3rd time, it won't boot up anymore. I ran chkdsk, I've attached results below. I used Hiren's BootCD and saved...
  7. Win10 won't boot, won't repair BSOD trying to boot safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 won't boot, won't repair BSOD trying to boot safe mode: I recently upgraded from 7 to 10, I have version 2004. It has 3 SSDs. It's bee working fine for a couple of weeks, but last night it crashed 3 times and after the 3rd time, it won't boot up anymore. I ran chkdsk, I've attached results below. I used Hiren's BootCD and saved...
  8. Lenovo M58 won't boot Win10

in Windows 10 Support
    Lenovo M58 won't boot Win10: 3 years ago I bought a couple of refurb Lenovo M58 SFF desktop computers (Core2 Duo CPU, 4Gb RAM, Win10 Home for Refurb PCs), one with a 250 GB HDD for me (most of my data is on the NAS & backed up nightly) and the other with a 500GB HDD for our daughter and her husband....
  9. Win10, 64bit, hp laptop won't boot

Win10, 64bit, hp laptop won't boot: I've tried to recover, reinstall, fix... All available options...i i get same response... There was a problem recovering your pc, installing, reinstalling, etc.. Command prompt, reports no errors on disk, No bad sectors Please help...
  10. Laptop won't boot Win10 on restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop won't boot Win10 on restart: I haver an Aspire V5-561p model that always crashes everytime I restart it. I started having this problem on reboot a few weeks ago and it was fixed with a ''restore point'' but yesterday after a restart, Windows 10 would't boot and I had to do a full System reset with files...