Windows 10: Win10 won't load - It stalls at the dots circling animation

Discus and support Win10 won't load - It stalls at the dots circling animation in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; It loads only enough to show its dots-going-around animation, but then it never goes past that. And that's whether I have called it from the rEFInd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by drpeppercan, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Win10 won't load - It stalls at the dots circling animation

It loads only enough to show its dots-going-around animation, but then it never goes past that.
    And that's whether I have called it from the rEFInd loader or from the Live USB Installer drive.
    I decided to try again and wait longer on the Live USB Installer drive this time.
    It eventually loaded the repair tool. So the good thing is that I have access to using command lines in the Command prompt.
    I just need to find which command lines I can use to repair the MBR and or WBM (Windows Boot Manager). Anyone?!

Mind you, I already tried the Start-Up Repair tool. It said it was not able to repair it.

To give you some background on this situation:
    I just reinstalled Win10 in my 1Tb HD, then I installed Ubuntu 18.04 in my 125 Gb SSD.
    Somehow I ended up loosing my WBM as a choice in the list of drives in BIOS. For many days it was not much of a problem since I still could load Win10 via the GRUB loader.
    Then I installed a better loader: Tux4Ubuntu. Side note: Strangely this loader was opening GRUB when I chose Linux, as opposed to loading Ubuntu right up.
    I was recommended to have a booting partition not just on one drive, but both. Along with their respective booting files, including rEFInd. So I did that by booting off from an Ubuntu Live USB drive, ran Gparted (Partitions Editor), and copy the boot partition from HD drive, to the SSD drive.
    Now when loading Tux4Ubuntu, it also loads rEFInd among the choices. However, whether I choose to load Win10 from the choices in T4U or from rEFInd, Win10 stalls.
    Maybe I just have to wait long enough, as I did for Win10 Live USB drive.

But before I try that, since I already gained access to the Command promt, I figure I would take advantage of that and see if I can find a command line that could help repair the MBR and or WBM.

Specs: Acer Desktop, Predator G3-710, i5-6400, 16 ram

:)

drpeppercan, Sep 5, 2018

2. how to remove permanently Dotted Circle Animation at logon?

should have a way to delete this animation with resource hacker?

Win10 won't load - It stalls at the dots circling animation [​IMG]

monstertruckpa, Sep 5, 2018
  3. Windows loading circles not appearing

Hello,

I understand that the loading circles is not appearing while the Windows loads but the Windows loads normally.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Are you facing any issues in Windows after it loads?
    • Did this happen after any recent updates installed?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    Please post to us with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 5, 2018
  4. nextenso Win User

Win10 won't load - It stalls at the dots circling animation

Win 10 load new machine after 1st login stalls at Win logo spin dots

Thank you for your response Caledon Ken. My apologies for slow response, my wife was rushed into hosp for a lifesaving op on her stomach.

You guessed the correct mobo version. I had tried the solutions that you suggested before posting my plea for help. They were part of the Assistance the EasyRE help desk gave me in a very detailed set of instructions.

As for clean install, as I had noted, i have tried every way to do that. I have tried to get the Mobo and its Bios to think it is in a new setup (new hard drive, connected the drive to different SATA sockets, changed the RAM, re-installed the CPU, a fresh download of Win10 ISO. In whatever way I try, a clean Win10 install goes through the usual 32/64bit selection screen then loads the initial files.

As soon as the file load ends, it immediately drops back to the AOC logo (monitor manufacturer), then changes to the Win circling dots, gets as far as 3 dots (always 2 together a gap and then 1) and stalls.

I have found one other post from a person describing the same situation and only 3 dots. He ended up putting a new Mobo on.

As I noted before, it is as if BIOS/CMOS have become corrupted. Apart from accessing BIOS, it is impossible to view/read any file on the machine, and now if I connect the new drive that I had first stalled Win 10 to and when the machine booted normally a few times, it says there is no operating system on that drive. I guess the boot sector has been modified.

Using all the many rescue utilities and devices i have, from DOS based ones to the latest, there is no way to look at any file on that drive that did work. But, if I look at that drive using another machine, all the Win 10 files are there.

Is there a virus that could have done this, I am not aware of one.

Regards Jonathan

nextenso, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

Win10 won't load - It stalls at the dots circling animation

1. Win10 won't load - It stalls at the dots circling animation - Similar Threads - Win10 won't load

2. Disable mouse pointer loading animation spinning circle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable mouse pointer loading animation spinning circle: Good day,I am having trouble for many months now because there is no option to turn off the loading animation. It has been distracting and affecting work performance for years. Any help? Thanks....
  3. Disable mouse pointer loading animation spinning circle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable mouse pointer loading animation spinning circle: Good day,I am having trouble for many months now because there is no option to turn off the loading animation. It has been distracting and affecting work performance for years. Any help? Thanks....
  4. Spinning dots or Circle animation not showing on Reboot or Shutdown Screen

in Windows 10 News
    Spinning dots or Circle animation not showing on Reboot or Shutdown Screen: [ATTACH]It’s normal for Windows 11/10 to take some time to start up after you reset or restart it. You’ll see an animation on the screen, indicating the loading is making progress. But when it gets stuck and you find that the spinning dots or circle animation is not showing,...
  5. Stuck On Restarting With Dots Circling

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck On Restarting With Dots Circling: I bought a new laptop, but it was defective. So I decided to return the laptop since it had all of my information; I had to restart without backing my files. The percentage of the restart was fine. The problem is that the laptop screen has been stuck on restarting with the...
  6. Windows 10 dotted circle animation not showing on loading screen and it's stucked

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 dotted circle animation not showing on loading screen and it's stucked: I have a really old laptop without battery. Then I am being lazy and forced shutdown. After a few hours I tried to turn on my laptop dotted circle animation gone and it's stuck. [IMG] After few hard shutdowns I got this "After multiple tries, the operating system on your...
  7. Windows 10 freezes at loading screen with dots spinning in a circle

Windows 10 freezes at loading screen with dots spinning in a circle: Hello. My Windows 10 have stopped going past the load screen and instead freezes on the dots spinning in a circle. What I have tried so far is 1 In safe mode - disabling all auto start up programs 2 Reinstalling windows twice 3 Disconnecting all USB such as keyboard and...
  8. Black Screen with circling Dots

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Screen with circling Dots: I have been having trouble with windows 10. One of the articles suggested to hold down the start button 3 times and start the PC 3 times. I did and the screen started going through stages of fixing. The Screen went black with the circling dots for the last 6 hours or so. I...
  9. Win10 stalling before login after spinning circle

Win10 stalling before login after spinning circle: Win10 stalls after the spinning circle.i have made attempts using community help, but nothing has worked. Difficulty i only have an ipad and a mac to work with. I tried to dl the win10 iso, but it wont fit on a 16gb thumb drive, iso dld using mac i recently installed the aug...
  10. Computer won't restart after updates in Windows 10, stalls at rotating circle of dots

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer won't restart after updates in Windows 10, stalls at rotating circle of dots: Hi I ran the system update yesterday March 5, 2019 on my ASUS laptop. Originally it was running on Windows 8.1 but has been running happily on Windows 10 for over a year. With yesterday's update it won't restart. I let it run for a couple of hours yesterday when it was...