Windows 10: Win10 won't recognize Xbox One controller through Bluetooth

Discus and support Win10 won't recognize Xbox One controller through Bluetooth in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Title. Wired works completely fine. Steam recognizes the controller and everything's good. Things start to change whenever i unplug the wire and try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/InsomniaSyspo, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Win10 won't recognize Xbox One controller through Bluetooth

Title.

Wired works completely fine. Steam recognizes the controller and everything's good. Things start to change whenever i unplug the wire and try to use it through Bluetooth

A few days ago whenever I'd play wireless it would work seamlessly. No issues whatsoever. However now when I try to use Bluetooth it's like the controller is dead. I figured maybe the batteries died so I swapped them out but alas, nothing. It still acts like it's dead.

Windows is recognizing the little USB dongle that you get with the controller.

I've tried all the basic troubleshooting steps you'd find upon googling something like this, the only issue I haven't been able to try is to re-pair the controller but I can't re-pair the controller if this damn thing doesn't even turn on in the first place. You know, when you hold the Xbox button and the light turns on and everything? Yeah, It doesn't do that. It does however when I'm wired..

The batteries are inserted correctly, so I was thinking maybe it's the battery contacts that are messed up? But that would be so weird and so sudden, since I took the previous batteries out gently and put the new ones in gently.

Device manager shows nothing out of the ordinary either.

I'm on Win10 2004 build 19041.388 if that's of any help

submitted by /u/InsomniaSyspo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/InsomniaSyspo, Jul 19, 2020

2. Xbox One controller not found on Windows 10 through Bluetooth?

Hi Edmund,

Let us help you isolate if this is an issue with your Xbox one controller or Windows 10 PC.

We suggest that you check and perform the steps listed on how to connect and troubleshoot Bluetooth on your Xbox
    One Wireless Controller

For additional information, please check out this link.

Hope the above information helps.

Acelyn Alc, Jul 19, 2020
  3. Mala_S Win User
    Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Hello SubieTY,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Initially, we need to pair the device to show up in the list while connected through Bluetooth. Check with the below mentioned steps and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Jul 19, 2020
  4. Win10 won't recognize Xbox One controller through Bluetooth

Xbox One controller being recognized as a 360 Controller

Hi Stephan,

There are several reasons why your Xbox One controller is detected as an Xbox 360 controller by your PC. It is possible that the controller is not updated or if you previously used an Xbox 360 controller on the PC, it is still detecting its drivers instead
    of the Xbox One controller drivers. To properly isolate your concern, please clarify the following information:

• Have you used an Xbox 360 controller on the same computer before?
    • Does the error message occur on all of the games that you play?
    • Have you tried to update the controller?
    • Are you using an Xbox One Elite controller?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update the controller by following the steps on this

link

Loraine Mon, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

Win10 won't recognize Xbox One controller through Bluetooth

1. Win10 won't recognize Xbox One controller through Bluetooth - Similar Threads - Win10 won't recognize

2. Won't recognize Xbox One controller.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Won't recognize Xbox One controller.: Me and my friend are trying to play a game together which involves both of us having a controller plugged in, kinda split screen but online. Mine works fine but when my friend plugs his in the white glow won't show up. We're positive it's not the wire or the controllers since...
  3. Xbox One controller now won't connect through bluetooth on my PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox One controller now won't connect through bluetooth on my PC: Hello. I have an xbox one controller that I managed to connect to my PC to play some games quite a while ago. It was working fine without any issue. Then at some point I was too busy to play game and when I went back to play again, the controller just won't connect to my...
  4. Win10 xbox one s controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 xbox one s controller: Hi, I have an xbox one S controller and it can't paired with my win 10 1903, while on win 10 1803 it's paired. Regards, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-xbox-one-s-controller/77057d3e-9472-4919-bec9-0a891d131eb9
  5. Xbox One Controller on Win10.

Xbox One Controller on Win10.: Hello! I recently bought an Xbox one controller to play old PC games as I used to back in the days. It seems like the controller works fine on just Win10 Havent checked newer games as of now but it doesnt seem to work while I launch the old games, it doesnt recognize the...
  6. PC doesn't recognize Xbox One controller via bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC doesn't recognize Xbox One controller via bluetooth: I got an Xbox usb cable, updated the firmware, and have a new PC alienware. The controller is bluetooth capable, as described on https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/controller/connect-xbox-wireless-controller-to-pc I've done the PC's bluetooth troubleshooter...
  7. Xbox One bluetooth controller won't connect via bluetooth

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox One bluetooth controller won't connect via bluetooth: [ATTACH] Hey all! Been having problems with my Xbox one Bluetooth controller as of today. Device manager says it's connected, but the "BLuetooth and other devices" doesn't show it. If i turn the controller on it won't connect, and if i try and add the controller, my PC...
  8. Bluetooth Xbox One controller won't connect

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth Xbox One controller won't connect: Just built a PC, have been waiting for a week to game, and can't get the controller to connect. Installed a Bluetooth/Wi-Fi board today, everything works great. Picked up my phone, etc... with Bluetooth but not the controller. Used the Xbox app and a cable to update the...
  9. Can't connect Xbox One controller through Bluetooth to computer

Can't connect Xbox One controller through Bluetooth to computer: Hey! I've been trying to connect my Xbox One controller to my computer for the longest time but the Bluetooth just won't work. I know that I have to press the button at the front of the controller and open the 'Add a Bluetooth device' thing on the computer. It doesn't work....
  10. Xbox one controller not being recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox one controller not being recognized: So I've moved from Xbox one to PC for gaming and I did so under the impression that Xbox one controllers were supported in games via attachment through micro USB, easy right? Well not so simple, I plugged my Xbox one controller in using my micro usb cable to all of the...