Windows 10: Win10 won't use particular program with High-Performance graphic card

Discus and support Win10 won't use particular program with High-Performance graphic card in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello I have an Asus Vivobook Pro, i7 and nVidia GTX1050. I need to run a program (thinkorswim which is a trading platform for stocks, futures....))... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Traveler99, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Win10 won't use particular program with High-Performance graphic card

Hello

I have an Asus Vivobook Pro, i7 and nVidia GTX1050. I need to run a program (thinkorswim which is a trading platform for stocks, futures....)) with the dedicated GPU GTX1050. I added the program in the nVidia control panel under 'manage 3d settings'. I also configured the program under Win10 Graphics settings to use the GPU. Nothing solves the issue.

There is just no activity on the GPU 1 (nVidia) under the Performance tab in Task manager. I contacted the support of thinkorswim and we checked several things. But everything looks fine. Now, he said I should check my power plan, which is all set to high performance.

When I run a game I see immediately that GPU1 starts to show activity.

So I asking here in hope that someone has an idea regarding to Win10 and settings. Before I had installed the GPU driver from the official Asus website. So I tried the latest nVidia driver. I did a clean install.

I'm on Windows 10 home, the latest update.
    Win10 won't use particular program with High-Performance graphic card [​IMG]

Win10 won't use particular program with High-Performance graphic card [​IMG]

:)

Traveler99, Feb 26, 2020
  2. WhyMe Win User

Need help with SLI Graphics Card Issue.

So the problem is identical in both Win8 and Win10.

My suggestions (in no particular order:
    1. Try a different bridge (a 3-way should also work for example if one came with your motherboard)
    2. If possible, try both graphics cards, configured for sli, in another system. Hopefully you have a friend with a compatible system.
    3. Test your PSU with a multi-meter.

Edit: And to confirm. You are saying sli configuration was previously functioning correctly within your Win10 installation before failing 'out of the blue'?

WhyMe, Feb 26, 2020
  3. AndreePin Win User
    graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Feb 26, 2020
  4. Win10 won't use particular program with High-Performance graphic card

Windows won,t recognise that i have changed my graphics card

Hi

I tried to put widows 10 on my PC but i was informed that my Nvidia 7300 graphics card was not compatible so i have changed my card to a Nvidia 610 which is, everything on the computer recognizes the new card and it is working fine now when i try to upgrade
    microsoft still thinks i have the 7300 card and won,t allow me to download it, what do i need to do.

Thanks Peter

Peter Bracewell, Feb 26, 2020
Thema:

Win10 won't use particular program with High-Performance graphic card

1. Win10 won't use particular program with High-Performance graphic card - Similar Threads - Win10 won't particular

2. High Performance GPU Stuck as Integrated Graphics

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Performance GPU Stuck as Integrated Graphics: On my laptop, my high performance GPU is set as Radeon graphics instead of GTX 1650, and I cannot be bothered to select a specific GPU every time I install something that requires GPU horsepower. Does anyone have a solution to this?Thanks...
  3. High Performance GPU Stuck as Integrated Graphics

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High Performance GPU Stuck as Integrated Graphics: On my laptop, my high performance GPU is set as Radeon graphics instead of GTX 1650, and I cannot be bothered to select a specific GPU every time I install something that requires GPU horsepower. Does anyone have a solution to this?Thanks...
  4. Graphics Card Not Being Used

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics Card Not Being Used: My laptop has been having performance issues recently, and i have noticed that it's because it's not using my external GPU Nvidia GeForce GT 520MX and i think it's probably because the bios it's refusing to use the GPU but it can also be a problem with the laptop itself.So...
  5. Will a graphics card improve gaming performance?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will a graphics card improve gaming performance?: So I have an Optiplex 990, intel i5 2500, and it's horrendously slow when I pull up ANY kind of game, the FPS goes to 3, or sometimes less than one frame per second. I don't think this is a problem with my desktop because its performance in normal use does not match up to...
  6. Game Not Using High Performance GPU Despite Graphics Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Not Using High Performance GPU Despite Graphics Settings: I'm trying to run a game Minecraft Java Edition with the high performance GPU in my laptop instead of the integrated GPU, but no matter what settings I change it still runs on the iGPU. What I've tried: Changing "Graphics performance preference" for the Minecraft...
  7. Graphics card not being used

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Graphics card not being used: [ATTACH] My laptop has 2 graphics cards. The weak one (AMD Radeon R5) and the stronger one (Radeon R7), which is 2 GBs. Obviously the r7 one should be used when gaming but instead, r5 is used, which only has like 512 MBs. As a result, I can't play any game without getting...
  8. Win10 AMD Graphic Card Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 AMD Graphic Card Problem: Hi, Last week, I wanted to enter some applications on my computer, I noticed that my graphic card driver is out of date. I tried to update AMD 's Radeon HD 3850 for but I saw that there is not a driver for Win 10. When I searched on the internet, I downloaded the following...
  9. Most programs cant use graphics card

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Most programs cant use graphics card: I have a All-In-one from acer and after a windows update, many programs that were not installed with windows store stopped being able to utilize the graphics card. Games like Terraria, Garry's Mod, and editing software like Windows Movie Maker stopped being able to utilize...
  10. Poor 2D performance on new graphics cards

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Poor 2D performance on new graphics cards: This bug all new AMD cards with RADEON Driver - from Catalyst v15.7 to RADEON Crimson v18.7.1 (all versions) Experiment #1: RADEON R7 360 with "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter" (without Radeon driver) Desktop: FPS = 800-860 Viewing the Spectrum foobar2000: FPS = 750-780...