Windows 10: Win10 Xbox Game Bar not recording my mic OR my Default Communications Device output when...

Discus and support Win10 Xbox Game Bar not recording my mic OR my Default Communications Device output when... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have an Astro A40 TR with Mixamp as my headset.It has 2 output devices:Astro MixAmp Pro Game set as Default Deviceand Astro MixAmp Pro Voice set as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Thorn Harvestar, Nov 26, 2021.

1. Win10 Xbox Game Bar not recording my mic OR my Default Communications Device output when...

I have an Astro A40 TR with Mixamp as my headset.It has 2 output devices:Astro MixAmp Pro Game set as Default Deviceand Astro MixAmp Pro Voice set as Default Communications DeviceThis lets me use my MixAmp's Game/Voice dial to adjust audio appropriately. That all works fine.My issue is with the Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10.When I have the "Audio to Record" set to Game, my captures properly have my game audio and my mic audio. For reference sake, my mic audio/default input device is NVidia Broadcast using my usb Blue Yeti mic.When I have the "Audio to Record" set to All, as pictured, my capt

:)

Thorn Harvestar, Nov 26, 2021

2. Xbox Game Bar Capture Doesn't Record Mic Audio

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while recording microphone audio using game bar while playing games.

I would suggest you to try troubleshooting Game Bar and see if that helps. Refer the article

Troubleshoot Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10

In addition, you can also check if the Microphone for game bar is enabled under privacy settings.

1. Go to Settings (press Windows +
      I key together) > Privacy.
    2. On the left hand pane scroll down and look for
      Microphone
    3. Toggle Allow apps to access Microphone
      to ON.
    4. Under Choose which Microsoft Store app can access your Microphone toggle Xbox game bar to
      ON.
    5. Restart the game bar.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with details of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Nov 26, 2021
  3. Windows Game Bar not Recording Microphone By Default

Hi Yewtsan,

Incorrect configuration setting is one of the potential reasons why Windows Game Bar is not recording microphone by default. To help you resolve this concern, you may perform the troubleshooting steps provided on the link below:

Troubleshoot Game DVR on Windows 10

You may also try to turn off the Game bar and restart your computer before turning it on again. To do this, you may follow the steps below:

How to disable Game bar

1. Right-click the Start button.
    2. Click Settings.
    3. Click Gaming.
    4. Click Game bar.
    5. Click the switch below Record game clips. Screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar so that it turns
      Off.

Kindly update us with the results.

Wilfred Mac, Nov 26, 2021
  4. Win10 Xbox Game Bar not recording my mic OR my Default Communications Device output when...

Xbox Game Bar Not Launching

Hi,

Xbox is one of Windows 10’s default apps. This app integrates the Xbox with Windows, and it includes a handy Game bar that you can take snapshots and record video with. If the Game bar is not opening, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link on how to fix problems with Game bar on Windows 10.

We hope that this information was helpful. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Acelyn Alc, Nov 26, 2021
Thema:

Win10 Xbox Game Bar not recording my mic OR my Default Communications Device output when...

1. Win10 Xbox Game Bar not recording my mic OR my Default Communications Device output when... - Similar Threads - Win10 Xbox Game

2. Xbox game bar not recording mic when "All" Audio is selected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar not recording mic when "All" Audio is selected: The title may be a bit confusing but when I try to background record my full system audio with Xbox game bar, it doesn't record my own voice but records everything else, but when I only record my game audio with the setting "Game" in Xbox game bar, it somehow records my voice...
  3. Xbox Game Bar Not Recording Mic But It Should

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar Not Recording Mic But It Should: I use the Xbox Game Bar to record the last 10 minutes of the game in the background. It should also record my microphone, but it doesn't do it properly. When I click to record my last 10 minutes of the game, the recording is saved with the system sound including in-game...
  4. Xbox Game Bar Not Recording Mic But It Should

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar Not Recording Mic But It Should: I use the Xbox Game Bar to record the last 10 minutes of the game in the background. It should also record my microphone, but it doesn't do it properly. When I click to record my last 10 minutes of the game, the recording is saved with the system sound including in-game...
  5. Win10 Xbox Game Bar not recording my mic OR my Default Communications Device output when...

Win10 Xbox Game Bar not recording my mic OR my Default Communications Device output when...: I have an Astro A40 TR with Mixamp as my headset.It has 2 output devices:Astro MixAmp Pro Game set as Default Deviceand Astro MixAmp Pro Voice set as Default Communications DeviceThis lets me use my MixAmp's Game/Voice dial to adjust audio appropriately. That all works...
  6. Xbox Game Bar doesn't record my mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar doesn't record my mic: I need quick help on xbox game bar. Most of the times, I mean, 100% of the times xbox game bar won't record my mic even though it recorded everything. There's like one way to fix it just by disable and enable back mic in xbox game bar interface but I don't want to do it...
  7. Xbox Game Bar doesn't record my mic

Xbox Game Bar doesn't record my mic: I need quick help on xbox game bar. Most of the times, I mean, 100% of the times xbox game bar won't record my mic even though it recorded everything. There's like one way to fix it just by disable and enable back mic in xbox game bar interface but I don't want to do it...
  8. XBox Game Bar Won't Record on my Device Anymore?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    XBox Game Bar Won't Record on my Device Anymore?: Since I've gotten my computer I have been able to use the xbox game bar to record and save clips from my games and other apps, but it has randomly (as far as I can tell) stopped working. I get an error that says "Sorry, this PC doesn't meet the hardware requirement for...
  9. Xbox Game bar keeps turing my mic for recordings off?!?!?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game bar keeps turing my mic for recordings off?!?!?: my game bar keeps Turing my mic off after a few moments or i record a clip not to mention the quality of my voice is awful while the rest of the audio is amazing and its not my mic which is a studio microphone....
  10. Xbox Game bar Communication

in Windows 10 Customization
    Xbox Game bar Communication: [ATTACH] can u give me a solution for this annoying skin for the notification ? it is in edge too thanx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar-communication/eb2d1aeb-a6e9-4121-813a-e1f1a4ef7f24