Windows 10: Win10 ?

Discus and support Win10 ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I installed win10 last night but now most of my icons on the desk top have disappeared I have no idea how to fix it....*cry Thanks 31119 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by KyLady, Nov 21, 2015.

1. KyLady Win User

Win10 ?

I installed win10 last night but now most of my icons on the desk top have disappeared I have no idea how to fix it....*cry

Thanks

:)

KyLady, Nov 21, 2015
  2. Win10+ Win User

HP laptop screen is completely black. Windows 10 upgrade was in process.

Product Name: HP compaq presario laptop CQ56-DX115

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64 bit)

I have seen this problem before with my laptop. Under Windows 7, I would simply perform a hard reset and my laptop would then boot up Windows 7. Over the past few years, I have only had to do this two or three times.

Yesterday, from the task bar tray at the bottom of my Windows 7 desktop, I found that my free Windows 10 upgrade was available from Microsoft and that an installation could be scheduled. I followed all the prompts until I reached the Windows 10 upgrade
    screen that said "Working on it" with a large spinning icon. I waited for several minutes when I assumed that it was probably loading the new OS. I left my laptop alone for the remainder of the day. I have a comcast cable wifi connection.

Today I went to start my laptop and I can hear the fan, and the usual self-test noise from one of the drives, but nothing at all on the screen. Pitch black. I pressed the power button to shut off. Then I pressed it again to start. I can hear the fan and
    one of the drives in self-test, but there is never anything on the screen at any moment. No cursor, logos, absolutely nothing.

I performed a hard reset according to instructions provided by HP's website. Additionally, I have noticed that the caps lock button blinks in a manner that communicates "CPU not functional" according to HP's blinking light code table.

So I went back to HP's website and followed instructions for recovering the BIOS. I now have my laptop working again and I'm back to the Windows10 "working on it" screen. I have read that this process may take more than 24 hours.

After approximately 3 days, Windows 10 installed but the desktop screen flashed constantly. I'm going to look for my restore disc and go back to Windows 7 for the time being.

Win10+, Nov 21, 2015
  3. Win10. Win User
    How to start win10 in safe mode? (system thread exxception not handleed)

Hi,

I was watching movie last night and suddenly Computer crashed.

I tried to restart it and had an error message that compuer crashed and needed to restart. Restart will occur automaticully. Now I'm stuck in a restarting loop again and again and again.

I tried to enter safe mod dy hitting F8 while starting but it did not work. I also triedthree times to restart and shut down, but that did not work either.

Any ideas what to do next?

Win10., Nov 21, 2015
  4. Win10 ?

DustSailor, Nov 21, 2015
Thema:

Win10 ?

1. Win10 ? - Similar Threads - Win10

2. Cant install updates. Win10 We couldn't complete the updates, Undoing changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant install updates. Win10 We couldn't complete the updates, Undoing changes: Hello. I cant update my win10. Every time i get this error on 97%: We couldn't complete the updates, Undoing changes.My CBS folder: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ag2f64qHpHghjAGwSNXlm5-226oR?e=4OhLFEDoing many fix attempts, nothing helps :Help me pls....
  3. Cant install updates. Win10 We couldn't complete the updates, Undoing changes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant install updates. Win10 We couldn't complete the updates, Undoing changes: Hello. I cant update my win10. Every time i get this error on 97%: We couldn't complete the updates, Undoing changes.My CBS folder: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ag2f64qHpHghjAGwSNXlm5-226oR?e=4OhLFEDoing many fix attempts, nothing helps :Help me pls....
  4. Cant install updates. Win10 We couldn't complete the updates, Undoing changes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. File Explorer win10 search files when a cloned drive E is present

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer win10 search files when a cloned drive E is present: I have a cloned drive E that backs up the main drive C every night.When I do a search in the C: drive, it responds with those matching files in the E drive only.I've played with the index locations and nothing is selected for E:...
  6. File Explorer win10 search files when a cloned drive E is present

File Explorer win10 search files when a cloned drive E is present: I have a cloned drive E that backs up the main drive C every night.When I do a search in the C: drive, it responds with those matching files in the E drive only.I've played with the index locations and nothing is selected for E:...
  7. File Explorer win10 search files when a cloned drive E is present

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. I am getting error trying to reinstall windows store app in win10 prof.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I am getting error trying to reinstall windows store app in win10 prof.: over two years ago i was a member of windows insider program for windows 10 prof. and had get windows updates asap. my laptop is NOT window 11 compatible according to windows pc health check. I knew this then. but none the less Windows update installed windows 11 over night....
  9. I am getting error trying to reinstall windows store app in win10 prof.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am getting error trying to reinstall windows store app in win10 prof.: over two years ago i was a member of windows insider program for windows 10 prof. and had get windows updates asap. my laptop is NOT window 11 compatible according to windows pc health check. I knew this then. but none the less Windows update installed windows 11 over night....
  10. I am getting error trying to reinstall windows store app in win10 prof.