Windows 10: WIN10_Very complicated user account situation

Discus and support WIN10_Very complicated user account situation in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi there, This is my first post here. I tried to search for a related issue but considered I can't even explain it thoroughly, I had a hard time... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by verysame, Aug 12, 2018.

1. verysame Win User

WIN10_Very complicated user account situation

Hi there,

This is my first post here.
    I tried to search for a related issue but considered I can't even explain it thoroughly, I had a hard time finding what I'm looking for. Hope someone here can shed some light on this intricate situation.

I have a desktop PC (Alienware) with Win 10 pre-installed.
    At my first login I created my user, let's call this user IronMan.
    After a few days, still not sure about windows 10 and privacy issues, I decided to create a second user, same administrator privileges. Let's call this second user Thanos.
    Just to give you an idea of how complicated this is getting, I'm not even sure anymore if the first user was actually IronMan or Thanos. But let's continue.
    I kept logging in as Thanos, installing all my software with licenses and everything. I worked like these for months now. Slowly, I started appreciating Edge, Onenote, Onedrive, the whole family basically. On top of that, I also have Microsoft Launcher, Edge and the other apps installed on my Samsung. Feeling more confident about the privacy thing on Win 10 (especially knowing what to share and what not to), I started migrating some of my stuff over my real profile (IronMan). So, Onenote, which also I used to use under Thanos profile for years, now lives under my IronMan profile. I did this mainly because I want to use what's actually related to my real profile. I'm OK with Edge customizing my searches and syncing everything across devices. And I don't want to keep using Thanos as that's under an email I never use, and soon or later I might totally forget about it. IronMan, on the other hand, is under my Outlook email which I actually use.

Sorry for the long story. Now, here's the problem. I don't want to keep Thanos on my PC anymore. I want to use only IronMan. I tried to log in as IronMan and of course, all my programs need registration not to mention all the custom preferences and so on. So, here's the big question:
    How can I delete Thanos, start logging in as IronMan, switch from Thanos to IronMan on Microsoft Edge and use only that from now on?
    If there were a simple way to just keep my Thanos user account, which has already all my software installed and related prefs, delete IronMan (which I never really used actually) and switch from Thanos to IronMan in Microsoft Edge, I think I should be 99% there, unless I'm missing something.

Is this even possible without intense pain? WIN10_Very complicated user account situation :)

Thanks for any help!

:)

verysame, Aug 12, 2018
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    • Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    • Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code: net user test /del[/quote]

Vesao, Aug 12, 2018
  3. barkerend Win User
    Unable To Create User Accounts - Windows 10

I don’t know if this addition to my original thread will push it to the top of the queue. I have tried again by pasting netplwiz into the Run box as suggested by marshian. Yesterday I managed to create another User Account which although described as an Administrator Account indicates ‘This app can’t open’ for every single item. Can anybody please suggest how I can change this situation? Today I did the same thing again but find that I CAN open the various programs on that Account – although the Account is listed under a Users Group not Administrators Users.
    There is also a Guest Account listed but as yet I haven’t been able to get into that since it does not appear for the next Log On when I click my Log Off or Switch Users shortcuts.
    I will be grateful for any advice, Thanks ........

barkerend, Aug 12, 2018
  4. WIN10_Very complicated user account situation

How to Change Microsoft user account to local user account

Hi Pchelpmenow,

At this situation, what I can suggest you is you have to convert the Microsoft user account to local user account.

• Log to the system using her user account.

• Go to settings and click on Accounts.

• Click on Your email and accounts and click on
      Sign-in with a local account instead.

• Enter the password, click on Next
      and follow the onscreen instruction to convert into local account.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the result for further assistance.

Thank you.

Billion Debbarma, Aug 12, 2018
Thema:

WIN10_Very complicated user account situation

1. WIN10_Very complicated user account situation - Similar Threads - WIN10_Very complicated user

2. the situation in Ukraine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the situation in Ukraine: Hello, my name is Andrey. I live in the city of Mytishchi, Moscow region of the Russian Federation. I am very sorry for the Ukrainians, because Russia attacked their homeland. I am categorically against war. Because of this situation in Ukraine, the American company Microsoft...
  3. An interesting situation....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    An interesting situation....: So, I've had the Win11 beta. At that time it didn't work well with my purposes, so I went back to WIN10. Now that it's ready, I'm trying to get it back, but the secure boot is giving me trouble. I have it enabled in BIOS, but "System Information" is telling me it's...
  4. Complications in adding a user. question continued in comments

in Windows 10 Customization
    Complications in adding a user. question continued in comments: I am attempting to add a user actually me to Windows 10. User Me was already on the program, but removed. When I attempt to add it back with the email address *** Email address is removed for privacy *** I receive the alert...
  5. Complications in adding a user.

Complications in adding a user.: I am attempting to add a user actually me to Windows 10. User Me was already on the program, but removed. When I attempt to add it back with the email address *** Email address is removed for privacy *** I receive the alert...
  6. Internet Complications

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Complications: So, I've been having this issue lately, where I can't stay connected to the internet for the life of me. I have tried numerous of things, and none seem to be working. The connection would be perfectly fine, and then five minutes later, it'll disconnect for no reason. If I...
  7. I may have the most complicated windows situation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I may have the most complicated windows situation: I barely use the windows computer. Maybe for some media and client downloads and thats it. I don't know how i even started this problem. Maybe from a virus or a software misfunction. So before i start talking about the main, My users are gone, the computer only logs me in as...
  8. Activating an Administrator Account in Special Situations

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Activating an Administrator Account in Special Situations: While using the existing ms account, the administrator account Administrator was activated with MS account with administrator privileges to delete files by changing the account. After deleting my ms account in Administrator, I created a new local account and deactivated the...
  9. It's complicated

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    It's complicated: Hey. I am about a sand grain close to losing my mind over this. I have a lot of problems with my Lenovo office 360 computer but it all ties to one word...STORAGE. I am going to start from the beginning. I got a message on my laptop a couple weeks ago telling me that my disk...
  10. Microsoft complication

Microsoft complication: Recently, I attempted to renew or update my Windows 10 to no avail .. afterwards to my dismay, I am seeing a Note from Microsoft saying that I need to fix it before I continue .. I do not know how to do this ..help ?? thanks...