Windows 10: Win10P takes 10 minutes to recognize headset, then randomly does - or does not.

Discus and support Win10P takes 10 minutes to recognize headset, then randomly does - or does not. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; 1) plug in headset to Win 10 pro on Lenovo Ideapad 510s-14IKB 2) Wait 8-12 minutes, listening to laptop speakers 3) Watch +/- a dozen Windows Action... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dmbulkley, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Win10P takes 10 minutes to recognize headset, then randomly does - or does not.

1) plug in headset to Win 10 pro on Lenovo Ideapad 510s-14IKB
    2) Wait 8-12 minutes, listening to laptop speakers
    3) Watch +/- a dozen Windows Action Center Notifications from Realtek Audio manager announce - alternately - that a new audio device has been plugged in/unplugged.
    4) Roll 2 sided die to determine current status of said headset.
    5) Rub temples to relieve software induced migraine.

Any wisdom about my predicament?

submitted by /u/dmbulkley
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/dmbulkley, Feb 22, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Win10P takes 10 minutes to recognize headset, then randomly does - or does not. :p

cadaveca, Feb 22, 2020
  3. Headset mike not recognized - can't open Audio Manager

You could try going into settings and running the 'Troubleshooter'. Although this might not work as I think it may be a software/driver issue.

Win10P takes 10 minutes to recognize headset, then randomly does - or does not. [​IMG]

Ah okay. I have had a look at the manufacture Nubwo, and there doesn't seem to be any official drivers or software listed.

Thus I would suggest we try and uninstall everything related to the headset, and then let everything install automatically, as it had done on the other desktop (assuming everything was automatically configured, and it just worked).

1.) See if you can first remove the Realtek Audio Manager 1.0.0.222 software by uninstalling it.
    • Settings > Apps > Click on the app and select 'Uninstall.'

2.) After that right click on Start menu (*Start) and select 'Device Manager'
    • Under the 'View' tab, select 'Show hidden devices'
    • Then click on the arrow before 'Sound, video and game controllers' as well as 'Audio inputs and outputs' (this should drop down to reveal a list of audio drivers and headsets)
    • I can help you with which driver (in relation to your headset) to uninstall, if you post back with a screenshot.

Optional.) Or if you are comfortable with knowing which driver to uninstall, then do so
    • Right click on the driver name > Uninstall (Check 'delete software for this device'). Perform a restart and plug the headset back in.

ellellell1, Feb 22, 2020
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Win10P takes 10 minutes to recognize headset, then randomly does - or does not.

Bluetooth Headset turns off every 10 minutes

Thank you for the information. If the above steps did not work as well, then what we can suggest is that you contact the manufacturer of the Bluetooth headset to have further assistance as to why it is disconnecting every after 10 minutes.

Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Anne Ros, Feb 22, 2020
Thema:

Win10P takes 10 minutes to recognize headset, then randomly does - or does not.

1. Win10P takes 10 minutes to recognize headset, then randomly does - or does not. - Similar Threads - Win10P takes minutes

2. Why does Paint on Windows 10 take 3 minutes to start?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Paint on Windows 10 take 3 minutes to start?: I have used Paint mspaint.exe since Microsoft started. Lately it takes 3 minutes to startup. No matter which shortcut I use the time is still 3 minutes.Also, Paint does not show on the list of apps under settings and Paint is not available on the Microsoft store. MSPaint.exe...
  3. Headphone Jack does not recognize headset microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone Jack does not recognize headset microphone: Hello,Since a couple days the 3.5mm headphone jack of my computer does not recognize my headset microphone. When its plugged in the audio output works, but it says there is no microphone connected. It does recognize the headphones audio output.I already tried all of the...
  4. Headphone Jack does not recognize headset microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone Jack does not recognize headset microphone: Hello,Since a couple days the 3.5mm headphone jack of my computer does not recognize my headset microphone. When its plugged in the audio output works, but it says there is no microphone connected. It does recognize the headphones audio output.I already tried all of the...
  5. My laptop does not recognize my headset mic

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My laptop does not recognize my headset mic: I bought this new headset which has a 3.5mm audio cable with a TRRS, I hear everything but when i tried using the mic it doesnt work, I´ve already seen bunch of tutorials and changed the privacy sound settings, and my drivers are up to date but I cant get my laptop to...
  6. My laptop does not recognize the microphone of my headsets

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop does not recognize the microphone of my headsets: I have a sony vaio, I've done everything and I can't get my laptop to recognize the microphone on my headsets.Pleae help submitted by /u/Metropol0914 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l7el0s/my_laptop_does_not_recognize_the_microphone_of_my/
  7. Why does my laptop not recognize a headset?

Why does my laptop not recognize a headset?: When plugging in my headset, I can hear sound, but the microphone doesn't work. It only uses my laptop's internal microphone. In the 'playback' tab in settings I only have speakers, and in the 'recording' tab I have 'Microphone Array' and 'Stereo mix'. I have tried things...
  8. Windows 10 does not recognize my headset

Windows 10 does not recognize my headset: My notebook (acer aspire es1-572) is not recognizing my headset (razer kraken 7.1) so i can only use my notebook’s microphone. Tried to uninstall/update drivers about 3 times and no results. In sound panel it doesn’t even show. It’s not disconected or disabled: it won’t...
  9. windows 10 does not recognize headset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 does not recognize headset: after restarting my computer the headset works when I plug it before restarting but if I unplug it then replug it doesn't work I've tried it several times on different headset and nothing helped also the name of the headset is not recognized or written I've tried also to...
  10. Strange random sound-does anyone recognize this?

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange random sound-does anyone recognize this?: Vocaroo | Voice message I am getting this sound randomly on my computer, but very infrequently. I have all windows sounds disabled, and system sounds completely muted. I even downloaded Process Monitor and followed this (How to Find Which Program Is Making Sounds in the...