Windows 10: Win10Pro 1809: I cannot select Bose Sound Color II Bluetooth speaker

Discus and support Win10Pro 1809: I cannot select Bose Sound Color II Bluetooth speaker in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In the last few days I lost my ability to choose my Bluetooth speaker. I have a USB Bluetooth adapter to provide Bluetooth access to my speaker, an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Punchcard Steve, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Win10Pro 1809: I cannot select Bose Sound Color II Bluetooth speaker

In the last few days I lost my ability to choose my Bluetooth speaker.

I have a USB Bluetooth adapter to provide Bluetooth access to my speaker, an earbud, and stereo headphones.

I also use a USB audio gizmo to connect my wired headphones and microphone.

NEW SETTINGS NOT CONTROL PANEL

I have tried to change the settings/system/sound control panel to select the Bose speaker but it will not select.

There is a selection for "Speakers (Bose Color II Soundlink Stereo)".

But it is not selectable. I can choose the other two items for USB Speakers and HDMI audio.

Bluetooth is ON.

The Bose Color II is Bluetooth connected for voice and music.

The Bose Color II will play if I select it as output from Fubar2000.

But none of the system, game or other sounds will not play through.

I have the latest Bose firmware and have reloaded the USB and System and Bluetooth drivers more than twice.

I have tried setting and unsetting the Advanced Allow applications to take exclusive control...but that changes nothing in this matter.

OLD CONTROL PANEL SOUND

In the old Sound/Playback control panel I cannot choose to make the Bose speaker the Default Device.

In that panel there are two Bose speaker selections; one for Headset Earphone and one for Speakers.

All attempts to choose the Bose speaker are ignored even though it appears as an option.
    Curiously, the speakers selection never works but the headphones selection will play Fubar2000 music through the speaker???

Any thoughts?

:)

Punchcard Steve, Apr 22, 2019

2. Bose Blutooth Speaker

I just purchased a Bose Bluetooth speaker. All connected well and when tested via computer sounds are sent and heard, BUT when I try play any music at all it is not sent. No sound is heard.

I'm running windows 10. I can right click on the volume control and elect to use the Bose Bluetooth speaker but still nothing.

Any ideas.

Cheers,

Macca

GrantMcLean, Apr 22, 2019
  3. Tobbe Win User
    Can't select paired bluetooth speaker as sound output (Windows 10)

I just got a new bluetooth speaker, an Urbanears Stammen (concrete grey)

I can connect to it from my phone, using Bluetooth, and play back sound no problem. But I can't get my Windows 10 laptop (Dell XPS 15) to use it as a playback device.

I can connect and pair to it no problem, as you see in the screenshot below

Win10Pro 1809: I cannot select Bose Sound Color II Bluetooth speaker ehlZX.png

It also shows up under bluetooth in the device manager. It's not listed under "Audio inputs and outputs", which I thought it should be, but I can see it under "Sound, video and game controllers".

Win10Pro 1809: I cannot select Bose Sound Color II Bluetooth speaker d4Fvh.png

But I can't select it as a playback device Win10Pro 1809: I cannot select Bose Sound Color II Bluetooth speaker :(

Win10Pro 1809: I cannot select Bose Sound Color II Bluetooth speaker DNCNI.png

I found this relevant superuser question: Windows 10 computer paired w/ bluetooth speaker, but doesn't send music to speaker

And I tried the suggested steps listed there, but nothing helped Win10Pro 1809: I cannot select Bose Sound Color II Bluetooth speaker :(

Any further ideas I could try?

Tobbe, Apr 22, 2019
  4. Win10Pro 1809: I cannot select Bose Sound Color II Bluetooth speaker

Windows 10 computer paired w/ bluetooth speaker, but doesn't send music to speaker

A possible solution to Bluetooth speaker playback issueWin10Pro 1809: I cannot select Bose Sound Color II Bluetooth speaker :) I tried all the steps listed in several posting forums with no success. I finally found a solution after 3 hours of investigating. 1st several forums suggest updating drivers... but do not specify which drivers to update i.e. the Bluetooth device? (eg. bose audio, sony driver for sony Bluetooth headphones etc.), or the windows driver?

*** For me the solution was updating the Bluetooth driver from LENOVO's website (the laptop/computer manufacture's website) once the driver was installed the bluetooth playback through BOSE Bluetooth audio adaptor worked perfectly.

I understand not everyone will have a LENOVO laptop/computer however I think it is worth downloading the latest Bluetooth driver from the device you are streaming from.

Hope this helps!

Bluetooth Dude123, Apr 22, 2019
Thema:

Win10Pro 1809: I cannot select Bose Sound Color II Bluetooth speaker

1. Win10Pro 1809: I cannot select Bose Sound Color II Bluetooth speaker - Similar Threads - Win10Pro 1809 cannot

2. Windows 11 problem with Bose Soundlink Color II speaker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 problem with Bose Soundlink Color II speaker: I upgraded to Windows 11 and now when I pair my Bose Soundlink Color II speaker it show ups as a headset after pairing and the sound quality is poor...
  3. Windows 11 problem with Bose Soundlink Color II speaker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 problem with Bose Soundlink Color II speaker: I upgraded to Windows 11 and now when I pair my Bose Soundlink Color II speaker it show ups as a headset after pairing and the sound quality is poor...
  4. Bose Companion 2 Series II speakers stopped working - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bose Companion 2 Series II speakers stopped working - Windows 10: My external speakers have just [Jan 2022] stopped working has there been a windows update that has made them incompatible?Has there been an update to the Realtek driver that makes my Bose incompatible?My PC is an ASUS all in one and the internal speakers work.I have checked...
  5. Bose Companion 2 Series II speakers stopped working - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bose Companion 2 Series II speakers stopped working - Windows 10: My external speakers have just [Jan 2022] stopped working has there been a windows update that has made them incompatible?Has there been an update to the Realtek driver that makes my Bose incompatible?My PC is an ASUS all in one and the internal speakers work.I have checked...
  6. Bluetooth not finding my Bose speaker

Bluetooth not finding my Bose speaker: The Bose headphone connects to my IPhone and IPad, but not to my laptop. I have Windows 10 on a Lenovo Think Pad. Device Manager shows these drivers: Bluetooth Device RFCOMM Protocol TDI Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator Qualcomm Atheros AR3012...
  7. Repacing battery in Bose Mini II speaker

Repacing battery in Bose Mini II speaker: Hi there I like using the Bose Mini II speaker -- after 5 years the battery has finally died -- I can get a replacement (34 EUR Amazon) but I see the battery is soldered on to a small circuit board. I've disassembled the speaker system and am not a stranger to using a...
  8. Repacing battery in Bose Mini II speaker

Repacing battery in Bose Mini II speaker: Hi there I like using the Bose Mini II speaker -- after 5 years the battery has finally died -- I can get a replacement (34 EUR Amazon) but I see the battery is soldered on to a small circuit board. I've disassembled the speaker system and am not a stranger to using a...
  9. Bluetooth not discovering my Bose LE Micro Bluetooth Speaker

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth not discovering my Bose LE Micro Bluetooth Speaker: I've looked everywhere, so I hope you guys know what to do. I am currently running Windows 10 Pro version 1909 and I cannot discover any new devices with bluetooth. I am currently using a Techkey bluetooth adapter which seems to work well, besides the fact that I cannot...
  10. bluetooth speaker Bose not detected

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    bluetooth speaker Bose not detected: Dear reader, Thank you to take some of your precious time to read my post and help me solve the following problem with bluetooth connection. Following latest windows update version: 10.0.17134 build 17134 With USB plugged in or with Bluetooth connection the speaker...