Windows 10: Win10pro: How login Administrator when not shown on login screen at startup?

Discus and support Win10pro: How login Administrator when not shown on login screen at startup? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have an ACTIVE Administrator account. I HAVE THE PASSWORD. I cannot log in as Administrator because after making changes to improve security (not... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Purple75, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Purple75 Win User

Win10pro: How login Administrator when not shown on login screen at startup?

I have an ACTIVE Administrator account. I HAVE THE PASSWORD.

I cannot log in as Administrator because after making changes to improve security (not displaying list of available users, on the left side of the startup screen), the startup screen displays only the previous user. I can find no options anywhere at all, command line, troubleshooting, anywhere, that will allow me to specify the userID "Administrator" along with the password and get into the Administrator account.

When, from a regular user, running Setup options that require admin permission (such as disabling the touch pad), the dialog popup asking for the Admin password HAS NO FIELD IN WHICH TO ENTER IT. The same occurs when running admin programs from the MS-Run box - the dialog has no password entry box, only a "No" button.

ctll-alt-del / "switch user" simply returns me to the regular user account login screen (no option to provide a different userID).

How can I log in and existing Administrator account for which I have the password without going through the startup/login screens - which provide no option to set the userID???

Thank you.

TPT

:)

Purple75, Oct 3, 2019
  2. ATIonion Win User

login screens

goto CONTROL PANEL/ USER ACCOUNTS then you have to remove all the other accounts except for the one you logon with....then restart...it should bypass the login tho it will still show the screen for it...it will continue to load windows...good luck*Rockout :rockout:

edit:: it asks for a login when there are more then one accounts..or if you set a pw to your login name...

ATIonion, Oct 3, 2019
  3. regan1985 Win User
    login screens

is there anyway to stop windows going into the login screen wen i boot up and leave my pc for more then 10mins?i have no password set and im the only user!!

cheers

regan1985, Oct 3, 2019
  4. Win10pro: How login Administrator when not shown on login screen at startup?

login screens

automatic login? or am i missing something here...

randomperson21, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

Win10pro: How login Administrator when not shown on login screen at startup?

1. Win10pro: How login Administrator when not shown on login screen at startup? - Similar Threads - Win10pro login Administrator

2. Administrator Login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator Login: I've been trying to do various tasks within my account on my computer, but when I try to execute something, a pop-up tells me that I need special permissions and to ask the computer's administrator. To start off I am logged in as the computer's administrator, therefore,...
  3. Administrator Login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator Login: I've been trying to do various tasks within my account on my computer, but when I try to execute something, a pop-up tells me that I need special permissions and to ask the computer's administrator. To start off I am logged in as the computer's administrator, therefore,...
  4. HELP! No login screen at startup.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP! No login screen at startup.: Hi there. Trying to boot my laptop, it gets stuck at the welcome page, but without the login prompt to enter my password - just the wallpaper and power button. I’ve tried every fix on the internet but it doesn’t work. Tried using ctrl+alt+del, command prompt, startup repair,...
  5. administrator login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    administrator login: I bought my wife a laptop and created an administrator profile named "Jean" At some point, she created another profile called "Jean2" We both forgot the password for "Jean". and can't do anything that requires administrator access. HELP!...
  6. Startup login THEN subsequent login?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Startup login THEN subsequent login?: Basically I'm thinking about making my computer more secure Is there a way to make it so that the 1st password (on boot) requires a password made up of whatever I want But after that I can just use a pin to log back in. Like after locking my screen or waking my PC from...
  7. Startup Screen vs Login Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Startup Screen vs Login Screen: Not a problem with my girl friends Win 10, but with mine. The Start screen, which shows the date and time, is fine. When I press enter to bring up the Login screen, the same image on the Start screen shows, but goes WAY out of focus. Very blurry. Any solution? Thanks 140505
  8. what shown when login administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    what shown when login administrator: Hello sir i already try boot safe mode or with command prompt , and this is what shown when login use administrator [img] 17045
  9. Administrator Login

Administrator Login: I mistakenly deleted my Administrator account. I want it back now since I can't take absolute control over my Laptop. 91156
  10. login as administrator

login as administrator: When installing Windows 10 a couple months ago, I don't recall being asked about being an administrator (I use a laptop for my exclusive personal use). I occasionally I get an error message saying I have to have "administrator privileges", including a password, when I try to...