Windows 10: WIN10Pro license key or digital registration lost after PC reset do to failure

Discus and support WIN10Pro license key or digital registration lost after PC reset do to failure in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am a fast track insider release participant for the last two years. The push or updates that were made available last Thursday or late last week did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MRMURPHMAN, Mar 23, 2020.

1. WIN10Pro license key or digital registration lost after PC reset do to failure

I am a fast track insider release participant for the last two years. The push or updates that were made available last Thursday or late last week did something to my DELL XPS 8930. Or at least those updates in combination with the latest release from AMD for my HD graphics 7750m card. More on that later or in a different thread as right now need help to get back up and running before I can explain what I was doinf to cause the issues.

Long story short, something happened with that last release or combination with AMD update and my PC totally hosed up last Thursday, went into some reboot loop trying to come up into safe mode to run an AMD clean up utility but would never do it and just kept rebooting. After trying many things, trouble shooters, restore point, including a factory reset which had some kind of failure as well, I was able to finally reset my PC. When it came up it reinstalled win10Home and I am a WIN10Pro user. I cant find my WIN10pro license or digital registration anywhere - where do I get help to recover my WIN10Pro ?

:)

MRMURPHMAN, Mar 23, 2020

2. Lost My windows key or digital license

i lost my hd. mobo and processor on my old pc.. i bought a new pc today. and i'm trying to recovery my serial key or my digital license..but can't find how to do it.. already try some steps given but cant find where my digital license is or my windows
    serial key is..not sure wich one i have...

Leandro Medeiros afegão, Mar 23, 2020
  3. HELP! Help Me Me Regain My Win10Pro Digital License Linked To My Microsoft Account

I had a Windows 10 Pro digital license linked to my Microsoft ID. I was using it in a Asus Desktop.

A week ago, I sold my desktop. I reset the OS as I thought it was sufficient enough but forgot to remove it from my linked devices. The person who bought it switched it on, and logged into
    the reset OS with his Microsoft ID and went through the registration process. Now, it is showing that he has digital license linked to his
    Microsoft ID, even though he never had a digital license prior to buying this desktop from me.

In the meantime, I bought a laptop and installed
    Win10Pro. When I tried to reactivate my digital license, it says I don’t have a digital license attached to my Microsoft ID. Does it mean that the my digital license got
    transferred to the new owner of my desktop? What should I do? What is the way to get back my digital license of my Win10Pro ? Please note that I have currently removed my old desktop from my list of linked devices. It no longer shows
    in my devices section.

Also I have a Windows 7 Home Basic retail copy and a Windows 8 Pro digital license. Will these be of any use to regain my digital license for Win10Pro ? Please help. I am
    devastated now. I wanted to sell my desktop alone, not my Win10Pro digital license too with it. Already I sold the desktop for a very low price. If my Win10Pro license also
    disappears with it, I am screwed.

Hugely appreciate your inputs.

Note: Problem Solved.

prmbasheer, Mar 23, 2020
  4. WIN10Pro license key or digital registration lost after PC reset do to failure

Digital License

Windows 10 Digital License

When you upgraded from a previous version of Windows or receive a new computer preinstalled with Windows 10, what happened is the hardware (your PC) will get a digital entitlement, where a unique signature of the computer will be stored on Microsoft
    Activation Servers. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 genuine license you were previously running will be exchanged for a diagnostics key.

Anytime you need to reinstall Windows 10 on that machine, just proceed to reinstall Windows 10. It will automatically reactivate. You will prompted to enter a product key a couple times through the installation, click I don't have
    a key and Do this later.

There is no need to know or get a new key, but if you have issues with Digital Licensing or the Activation Troubleshooter, you can utilize an existing Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key you already own to
    reactivate if necessary. or use the reset function in Windows 10.

Activate Your Windows 10 License via Microsoft Chat Support

Reinstall by Performing a Direct Clean Install

If Windows 10 was already installed and activated on your system, just proceed to perform a direct clean install as described in the following articles.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Andre Da Costa, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

WIN10Pro license key or digital registration lost after PC reset do to failure

1. WIN10Pro license key or digital registration lost after PC reset do to failure - Similar Threads - WIN10Pro license key

2. Lost license after complete reset

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Lost license after complete reset: I have license in my Microsoft account that I link before and after upgrading to Windows 10 for free. Now the laptop died and I build a new one. This PC is made by parts and have link the account that I have. Its the one that I used before but my Windows is not activated. I...
  3. Lost license after complete reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost license after complete reset: I have license in my Microsoft account that I link before and after upgrading to Windows 10 for free. Now the laptop died and I build a new one. This PC is made by parts and have link the account that I have. Its the one that I used before but my Windows is not activated. I...
  4. Lost license after complete reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Digital License activation failure after PC replacement

Digital License activation failure after PC replacement: I did study this topic in advance of replacing my PC, in anticipation of this very issue. My old PC still working says it is Activated with 'Win 10 Pro'. "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account." The MS online documentation says I just...
  6. Digital license key

Digital license key: How to transfer digital license key for windows 10 pro to another owner ? 169705
  7. Digital License key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Digital License key: How do I find my licence key? I originally purchased windows 7pro, updated to windows 10 and now want to move the licence to a new computer but I can seem to find the key but it does say it’s linked to my Microsoft account? Any help would be appreciated submitted by...
  8. Lost My windows key or digital license

Lost My windows key or digital license: i lost my hd. mobo and processor on my old pc.. i bought a new pc today. and i'm trying to recovery my serial key or my digital license..but can't find how to do it.. already try some steps given but cant find where my digital license is or my windows serial key is..not sure...
  9. Factory reset - lost digital license or product key for Windows 10 Pro

Factory reset - lost digital license or product key for Windows 10 Pro: My computer was reset to factory settings. I now get a message stating I don't have a valid digital license or product key. Does this information reside on the computer somewhere?...
  10. Lost Registration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost Registration: I have an app that previously worked fine, but has started to repeatedly ask for the registration details. I have entered the details several time and the app reports that it has been successful, but the next time I start it, it does the same again. This has only began...