Windows 10: Win10Pro lock screen loop after anniversary update.

Discus and support Win10Pro lock screen loop after anniversary update. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi After last update (anniversary) I can't log into system. I have PIN authorisation set up and after last reboot after update I typed proper PIN -... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Bartholomew, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Win10Pro lock screen loop after anniversary update.

Hi

After last update (anniversary) I can't log into system. I have PIN authorisation set up and after last reboot after update I typed proper PIN - then screen just blink and lock screen show up again. No matter if I type PIN or password is the same issue. Of corse I remember PIN/Password - if I typed wrong pass system just give me info "bad password".

I can't get in to Winows. What could I do?

Greetings

:)

Bartholomew, Aug 8, 2016
  2. Mr V Win User

Windows 10 won't open from lock screen.

Hi Robert,

It sounds like you're the latest victim of a the issue quite a few of us have noticed since the 1607 build (Anniversary Update) went live. Could you please take a quick look at the following threads and see does this look like your problem?

After Anniversary Update, Win10 login/lock password prompt goes in endless loop

Can't log in to Windows 10 (login screen/loading loop)

Login/password screen infinite loop

Cheers

Mr V, Aug 8, 2016
  3. Anniversary update won't boot

I've installed the anniversary update - all seemed to go well and after several restarts I got to the login screen which asked for my password - I entered it and briefly saw the "welcome" response and it took me straight to the widows lock screen - the one
    with my personal wallpaper and the big digital clock. When I move the mouse it goes back to the password entry screen.

Enter the password and it goes to the lock screen then to the password screen - infinite loop.

My password is correct and if I deliberately mis-type it tells me the password is incorrect.

Correct password goes to lock screen - infinite loop.

Any help?

Colin G Halliday, Aug 8, 2016
  4. Liamb135 Win User

Win10Pro lock screen loop after anniversary update.

I'm having the same issue, did you manage to fix it?

Liamb135, Nov 2, 2016
  5. Yes. Just enter safe mode.

Bartholomew, Nov 2, 2016
  6. Liamb135 Win User
    Does that fix the issue permanently?

Liamb135, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Win10Pro lock screen loop after anniversary update.

1. Win10Pro lock screen loop after anniversary update. - Similar Threads - Win10Pro lock screen

2. Lock Screen loop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock Screen loop: When I go and unlock my laptop Lenovo IdeaPad 120S-14IAP it says: “Something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up your PIN again”. When I press “Set up my PIN” it goes back to the Lock Screen and I’m stuck in that loop. I tried to fix it by not deleting my...
  3. Lock Screen loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen loop: When I go and unlock my laptop Lenovo IdeaPad 120S-14IAP it says: “Something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up your PIN again”. When I press “Set up my PIN” it goes back to the Lock Screen and I’m stuck in that loop. I tried to fix it by not deleting my...
  4. Lock Screen loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Lock Screen Problems in Anniversary Upgrade

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock Screen Problems in Anniversary Upgrade: I use Windows Home and find the inability to disable the Lock Screen on login really annoying. I used to use the registry fix on this forum but this no longer works. In Spotlight Mode, the correct Lock Screen background is shown when I use Windows Key + L but the last...
  6. Disable anniversary update lock screen

Disable anniversary update lock screen: I have found two methods to do this, neither of which work Disable the Windows 10 Lock Screen (Anniversary Update) - gHacks Tech News Disable Lock Screen in Windows 10 Anniversary Update version 1607 are the ones I've tried, but the lock screen is still there. I'm on...
  7. Lock screen background image does not appear (Anniversary Update)

Lock screen background image does not appear (Anniversary Update): Hi folks, Background A year or more ago I followed [this guide](How to Change the Login Screen Background on Windows 10) to set the Sign-in screen to a single colour rather than having to use Microsoft's default background image. So I set my own custom background image...
  8. Anniversary Update causes freeze at lock screen

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Anniversary Update causes freeze at lock screen: Old laptop, Core2 Duo. Windows Update still hasn't offered the Anniversary Update so I downloaded the installer (Windows10Upgrade28084.exe)today, and installed. After which, whenever waking from sleep, the lock screen would be totally unresponsive to keyboard and mouse; only...
  9. Windows 10 Anniversary: Blue Screen on a Loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Anniversary: Blue Screen on a Loop: Windows 10 (anniversary update) won't boot on my pc: a blue screen appears on a loop, and Windows keeps restarting without ever fully loading (Error: "It looks like Windows didn't load correctly. We're collecting some info and will restart it for you"), which also means that...
  10. Login Screen Error after Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Login Screen Error after Anniversary Update: SO everything was running fine before I installed the anniversary update. After the update, the login screen (the screen in which I put my password) takes literally hours to load up. Instead, I just see spinning circles. [img] So, what I do is force shut down my PC...