Windows 10: Win10Pro. Office 2019 Open Dialog box does not show "libraries" nor the libraries added...

Discus and support Win10Pro. Office 2019 Open Dialog box does not show "libraries" nor the libraries added... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I use Word and Excel a lot. I am using OFFICE 2019 My issue is the Open and SaveAs dialogs in Office do not show the "libraries" as a location.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MrJohnRob, Jul 27, 2020.

1. MrJohnRob Win User

Win10Pro. Office 2019 Open Dialog box does not show "libraries" nor the libraries added...

I use Word and Excel a lot. I am using OFFICE 2019

My issue is the Open and SaveAs dialogs in Office do not show the "libraries" as a location. And it does not show the libraries I have added. The result is, I cannot open nor save files to these libraries.

The only "library" folders show are: Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, Videos.

Oddly enough these are the ones shown under "This PC" in file explorer

The library I added can be seen in file explorer under "libraries" in the left sidebar.

The library entry I added was created by the instructions using File explorer.

The library entry I created is "Data". Its folder is located: C:\users\John\data

There is the appropriate Data.library-ms in the user AppData/Roaming section.

It would appear the Office File dialog is populated from the "This PC" list of locations and NOT the "Libraries"

Is there a solution for this?

Thanks

John

Win10Pro.  Office 2019  Open Dialog box does not show "libraries" nor the libraries added... 0c390c9e-33c1-46ef-a786-d34a96e8ca54?upload=true.jpg

:)

MrJohnRob, Jul 27, 2020
  2. RevoLand Win User

Steam Library Manager (Free/Open-Source/C#/v1.4.4)

Steam Library Manager (SLM) is a tool to manage your Steam Libraries quick and easy. With SLM you can administrate all of your games and backups from one place. Drag and drop between libraries and backup folders with ease. Works with existing Steam Backups or opt to use SLM's open system for fast updates and quick access to game files.

Benefits to using SLM over Steam Backup:
    • Backups can be updated quickly. No need to recreate the entire backup from scratch.
    • Backup files are open and easily accessible.
    • Workshop content and mods such as ENB, ReShade, and SweetFX get backed up automatically.
    • Faster backups, faster restores, works with or without Steam running.
    • Compression is available for those who want to keep things lean.
    • Built-in library cleaner for leftovers.
    • Free & Open-Source, MIT license.
    Screenshots:

Win10Pro.  Office 2019  Open Dialog box does not show "libraries" nor the libraries added... LibraryTab.png

Win10Pro.  Office 2019  Open Dialog box does not show "libraries" nor the libraries added... TaskManagerTab.png

Win10Pro.  Office 2019  Open Dialog box does not show "libraries" nor the libraries added... LibraryCleanerTab.png

Win10Pro.  Office 2019  Open Dialog box does not show "libraries" nor the libraries added... SettingsTab.png

Links:
    Latest Release (v1.4.4)
    GitHub Page (Sources)
    Steam Group

All suggestions are welcome and will help further development of SLM.

RevoLand, Jul 27, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Jul 27, 2020
  4. banditrvp Win User

Win10Pro. Office 2019 Open Dialog box does not show "libraries" nor the libraries added...

Folder in library does not exist, cannot delete library folder

Thanks for the replies. Here's my update.

ArazelEternal: I ran SFC, DISM and CHKDSK on both the C & D drives. No problems reported and the folder remains in my Libraries Folder.
    Brink: Yes, I can turn off the Libraries folder in the backup set but that doesn't fix the problem of the non-existent folder remaining in the library. That's the folder I'm trying to remove. The images show what I'm seeing in the folders listing of File Explorer. The first image shows the message that pops up when I first clink on the Pictures folder that's highlighted. The second image is what I see when I right click and choose properties. As you can see in the D: drive listing, there is no Documents folder there.

Win10Pro.  Office 2019  Open Dialog box does not show "libraries" nor the libraries added... [​IMG]

Win10Pro.  Office 2019  Open Dialog box does not show "libraries" nor the libraries added... [​IMG]

banditrvp, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Win10Pro. Office 2019 Open Dialog box does not show "libraries" nor the libraries added... - Similar Threads - Win10Pro Office 2019

2. how to remove Libraries showing on Desktop during open / save as dialog on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to remove Libraries showing on Desktop during open / save as dialog on windows 11: Hello all,I now see these parasite folders on my desktop when I click open / save as on many programs.totally unnecessary if I want to go the the libraries - I will just click the button below.this was the situation until yesterday - none of them were visible, only items /...
  3. how to remove Libraries showing on Desktop during open / save as dialog on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to remove Libraries showing on Desktop during open / save as dialog on windows 11: Hello all,I now see these parasite folders on my desktop when I click open / save as on many programs.totally unnecessary if I want to go the the libraries - I will just click the button below.this was the situation until yesterday - none of them were visible, only items /...
  4. TouchPredictions Registry library when added

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TouchPredictions Registry library when added: i would like to know what version of windows the TouchPredictions library was made/and or added to the registry library https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpredictions-registry-library-when-added/40c0ad22-48a6-4e4c-b42c-5829ec4351da
  5. Dialog boxes will not open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dialog boxes will not open: I'm using Windows 10 on an ASUS VivoBook. Sometime in the past few months, dialog boxes for Snip & Sketch and the HP Smart app have stopped working. When I click save on either of these apps, instead of a dialog box coming up for me to rename the file and choose where to save...
  6. Dialog boxes will not open

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dialog boxes will not open: I'm using Windows 10 on an ASUS VivoBook. Sometime in the past few months, dialog boxes for Snip & Sketch and the HP Smart app have stopped working. When I click save on either of these apps, instead of a dialog box coming up for me to rename the file and choose where to save...
  7. Adding to library

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding to library: so I have Minecraft java and i want bedrock so i go to the microsoft store and ask for permission and its allowed but its been sitting on working on it for a couple of hours or so so I have java Minecraft and I wanted bedrock so i went to Microsoft store and did buy the I...
  8. MS Office> Libraries>docs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS Office> Libraries>docs: Is there a way I can remove the A-H, I - P etc in Documents? MS.... REALLY! No one needs these, we can all read. Can anyone tell me how to remove these ? thx...
  9. Removing Libraries from "Open" and "Save as" dialogs in Office 2010

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Removing Libraries from "Open" and "Save as" dialogs in Office 2010: I have removed the Windows 10 "Libraries" from the navigation pane in Windows Explorer and other Microsoft programs (eg. Notepad), but despite an exhaustive internet search I have been unable to discover how to remove Libraries from navigation panes in the "Open" and "Save...
  10. Libraries and My PC folders in Save As Dialog

in Windows 10 Support
    Libraries and My PC folders in Save As Dialog: Can anybody help in ADDING Libraries to and REMOVING the This PC folder from the Save As dialog? I know how to remove and add these in File Explorer, but have no luck in finding a solution for the Save As dialog. I found this thread, but when I get to the value to be changed...