Windows 10: Win10Pro transfer to new PC

Discus and support Win10Pro transfer to new PC in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought a PC with Win7Pro already installed (the sticker refers to OEM). This was updated to Win10Pro. The motherboard on this PC has now died and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MertonEarl, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Win10Pro transfer to new PC

I bought a PC with Win7Pro already installed (the sticker refers to OEM). This was updated to Win10Pro. The motherboard on this PC has now died and I need to purchase another. Most come with Win10Home and I would wish to transfer the licence from the dead PC to the new one. Unfortunately, I do not have a Win10Pro licence key to hand (or access to it as the PC is dead). I do have the original disc and the key for the Win7Pro. I cannot find a straightforward answer as to whether I can upgrade a Win10Home installation to Win10Pro using the Win7Pro key. Please advise.

:)

MertonEarl, Jun 13, 2019

2. transfer windows 10 to new pc?

It depends on how Windows 10 was originally configured on your computer.

If its a full retail store bought license online or offline, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a retail store bought Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a OEM preinstalled Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is NOT transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

Learn more about transferring your license:

If its a retail license, learn how to reactivate:

Andre Da Costa, Jun 13, 2019
  3. MAK2606 Win User
    Activation after PC parts changed - Win10Pro to Win10ProN

OLD Pc, który wciąż jest listed on my MS account was a custom build that I build with my own hands. There was a full legal Win10Pro. I made a backup pendrive some time ago. After motherboard and gpu faild I take everything out, put new parts
    and was trying to instal win10pro again from that rescue pendrive. However when I was instaling os there was few options to choose from that pendrive. There was win10home, win10homeN, win10pro and win10proN. I googled what is a difrence bitwin win10pro and
    win10proN and everything I get was that to some UE regulations the N version is for UE without MediaPlayer and nothing else. So I decided that should be no problem using Pro or **** for activation purposes. But eventualy it is a problem. I don't want to pay
    for activation if I had full leagal win10Pro no N version. I only ask if there is a way to activate win10proN if I had win10ProwithoutN. Becouse I don't see a reason to buy activation if I had one and only my PC died. If there is no way to activate win10proN
    without buing it again so I instal win10prowithoutN version and then I should get activation do to significant hardware change. I hope becouse I think that charging twice for the same os due to hardware failure isn't ok.

MAK2606, Jun 13, 2019
  4. Win10Pro transfer to new PC

Transferring Windows 10 to New PC Activation

It depends on how Windows 10 was originally configured on your computer.

If its a full retail store bought license online or offline, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a retail store bought Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a OEM preinstalled Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is NOT transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

Learn more about transferring your license:

If its a retail license, learn how to reactivate:

Andre Da Costa, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

Win10Pro transfer to new PC

1. Win10Pro transfer to new PC - Similar Threads - Win10Pro transfer

2. Win11Pro less option than Win10Pro and cannot event setup the PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11Pro less option than Win10Pro and cannot event setup the PC: I have I5 12600k with RTX 3060 with 32 g of ram and 1 tb SSD 100% compatible with Win11Pro. I have 6 screen on my setup 6 1920x1080. The 3 on top are individual and the 3 on bottom run as NV Surround.412 2 I wan main-screen on 2 and main taskbar on 1 like on my Win10Pro.I wan...
  3. Win11Pro less option than Win10Pro and cannot event setup the PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11Pro less option than Win10Pro and cannot event setup the PC: I have I5 12600k with RTX 3060 with 32 g of ram and 1 tb SSD 100% compatible with Win11Pro. I have 6 screen on my setup 6 1920x1080. The 3 on top are individual and the 3 on bottom run as NV Surround.412 2 I wan main-screen on 2 and main taskbar on 1 like on my Win10Pro.I wan...
  4. Brand new PC with Win10Pro 22H2 resets itself once a day ???

Brand new PC with Win10Pro 22H2 resets itself once a day ???: Dear friends, I have problem with brand new PC I buy them before 7 days and install WInodws 10 Profesional 22H2 with following configuration:Procesor: Intel BX8071512400 LGA 1700, Intel Core i5-12400, 18M Cache, 4.40 GHz, UHD Graphics 730Motherboard: Asus PRIME H610M-A D4-CSM...
  5. ** Having trouble transfering Win10Pro upgrade digital license purchased from Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    ** Having trouble transfering Win10Pro upgrade digital license purchased from Microsoft...: In 2017 I used "Upgrade your edition of Windows" section in Settings/Activation and chose "Go to the Store" to purchase and install the Windows 10 Pro Upgrade for my computer with a retail license of Windows 10 Home. This worked but it did not give me a product key or digital...
  6. ** Having trouble transfering Win10Pro upgrade digital license purchased from Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ** Having trouble transfering Win10Pro upgrade digital license purchased from Microsoft...: In 2017 I used "Upgrade your edition of Windows" section in Settings/Activation and chose "Go to the Store" to purchase and install the Windows 10 Pro Upgrade for my computer with a retail license of Windows 10 Home. This worked but it did not give me a product key or digital...
  7. ** Having trouble transfering Win10Pro upgrade digital license purchased from Microsoft...

8. Transfer Win10Pro license key from stolen laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Win10Pro license key from stolen laptop: Hi,I bought Retail BOX Win10Pro flash drive and installed it on my laptop. not so far my laptop was stolen. Is it possible to transfer license key to my new laptop?ThanksAlex...
  9. Transfer Win10Pro license key from stolen laptop

Transfer Win10Pro license key from stolen laptop: Hi,I bought Retail BOX Win10Pro flash drive and installed it on my laptop. not so far my laptop was stolen. Is it possible to transfer license key to my new laptop?ThanksAlex...
  10. Transfer Win10Pro license key from stolen laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation