Windows 10: Win10pro - v2004 update - 5x sequential fails Xeon, then disk errors.

Discus and support Win10pro - v2004 update - 5x sequential fails Xeon, then disk errors. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; MS / Intel Development folks for info. Two months ago, MS 'update' sequentially malfunctioned on my Z400 single Xeon - version 1909 I think,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dr.Richard.V.Finney, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Win10pro - v2004 update - 5x sequential fails Xeon, then disk errors.

MS / Intel Development folks for info.

Two months ago, MS 'update' sequentially malfunctioned on my Z400 single Xeon - version 1909 I think, eventually resulting in unrecoverable disk errors. Detail recounted April 20 herein 3 posts.

Spent the last eighteen hours updating five or six systems. The iCore 5/7 and AMD CPU units went mostly fine Toshiba iCore7 always gives problems, so that does not count/is expected.

The HP Prodesk 400 iCore 5 seemed to go OK/smoothly, but now "My Account" says it cannot log-in due to a server loop, and the version code has reverted to 1903. Just reporting that - not a drama because I'll just use a different machine for 'my account'.

Whilst checking the 'my account' settings on the prodesk 400, I noticed the Z400 is no longer listed. Should be, because whilst moderately ill dead drive, I will replace the drive and bring it back on line as soon as I get the time couple of months away.

Thing is this time the update failed five 5 consecutive times on the Ml350-G6 dual Xeon. Was no try #6, because on next system start the HDD had the same disk error messages I got when the Z400 went down.

I was ready because I was starting to think it had something to do with the Xeons not being RISC. I had made a mirror copy HDD before starting the 'update' process. The damaged drive has been swapped out, mirror installed, and the system is fine - running 1909 updated to June 18th.

Z400 problems appeared at the 73>76% installed point version 1909. This time the ML350 problem appeared at the 94% installed point 2004.

ALL OTHER VARIABLES WERE/ARE ELIMINATED. Hopefully this detail will help address/find what is causing the problems.

Note. I have mentioned this/these observations to several others business/government/academics. Business side is important for those exposed Xeon servers. Governments are important because some cotton-heads: run around accusing the PRC/China of DDOS & Hacks; when it is just infrastructure servers having trouble 'updating' or failing post 'update'. Most are advised by similarly dumb "IT/Security Experts", the majority of whom appear to have found their qualifications as freebie swap-cards down the bottom of their Cornflakes box ie, those who are not brain-dead, are serious retards. Such folly can cause wars real or trade. Covid19 is a big drama for everyone. You do not help by starting wars trade or real.

Cheers,

Rick Finney. June 21, 2020. watch out for Druids crossing roads - that time of year

:)

Dr.Richard.V.Finney, Jun 21, 2020
  2. chideock Win User

KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Jun 21, 2020
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Jun 21, 2020
  4. Ramon Imp Win User

Win10pro - v2004 update - 5x sequential fails Xeon, then disk errors.

Failed updates

Hi Lozo,

There are several possible reasons why Windows Updates are failing such as system file corruption or software conflict. For us to effectively assist you with your concern, we would like to know the following:

• Are there error messages associated with the failed updates?
    • What's the result of the Windows Update Troubleshooter? Did it detect any issues?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? This is to prevent us from providing the same steps.

In the meantime, we recommend that you check this
    page
    and follow the instructions on how to troubleshoot Windows Update issues. If you've already tried some of the suggested steps in the article, you can skip those and proceed to the next one.

Keep us posted and we'll be willing to assist you further.

Ramon Imp, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

Win10pro - v2004 update - 5x sequential fails Xeon, then disk errors.

1. Win10pro - v2004 update - 5x sequential fails Xeon, then disk errors. - Similar Threads - Win10pro v2004 update

2. xeon

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    xeon: I have seen that many have a problem with the old xeons. I am waiting for a xeon e5462, I will be able to put it in a system with windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xeon/180adb38-db4c-4b4a-bc6a-70aeb4165eaf
  3. xeon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xeon: I have seen that many have a problem with the old xeons. I am waiting for a xeon e5462, I will be able to put it in a system with windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xeon/180adb38-db4c-4b4a-bc6a-70aeb4165eaf
  4. xeon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Update to Win10 v2004

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Update to Win10 v2004: I have tried to update to version 2004 of Win10 Pro twice now, once in early September and again on 10/15/2020. After the first attempt, I reverted to v1909 because I had the same problems I am encountering on the second attempt. This time, I'm going to try to resolve the...
  6. Windows v2004 Update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows v2004 Update: I cannot log into Windows after the update. Whether I try my PIN or Mi rosoft password, I get "User Profile Service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded." Furthermore, holding down shift key and restarting does not give a screen to choose safe mode to start. It...
  7. Error Installing Windows Feature Update v2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error Installing Windows Feature Update v2004: I am not being able to install feature update for windows 10 version 2004. The update downloads and installs up to 100% and exits without any errors. But the update error is shown at the update history page. I have tried: 1. Using Windows Update Troubleshooter 2. Using sfc...
  8. win10pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    win10pro: 2B87N-8KFHP-DKV6R-Y2C8J-PKCKT this is my key for windows 10pro but now is not working why????????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10pro/bc2fc63b-d83e-4f3e-b5a3-09a114de1f3e
  9. Win7 to Win10Pro fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win7 to Win10Pro fails: While updating, install fails after I believe the first reboot, with error.... 0x8007001F - 0x20006 The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during REPLICATE_OC operation Any ideas?...
  10. Multiple sequential BSODs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple sequential BSODs: Only recently I started having this problem. I know basic computers so if you want something extra just give me a guide or something. Anyways, sometimes when I launch a game my computer bluescreens. It gives me the DRIVER_IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL. Then it doesn't reboot even...