Windows 10: Win10ProN cannot connect to samba network share

Discus and support Win10ProN cannot connect to samba network share in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey folks, I've got an issue that's been bugging me since windows 7. I've got a debian server on my network running samba and plex. I usually add media... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bentou, Oct 28, 2015.

1. bentou Win User

Win10ProN cannot connect to samba network share

Hey folks, I've got an issue that's been bugging me since windows 7. I've got a debian server on my network running samba and plex. I usually add media to it through samba from my windows computers. Only now with my laptop, I'm having a strange issue. Every time I try to connect to my debian server, windows refuses to connect and gives me this message.

Win10ProN cannot connect to samba network share [​IMG]

So the thing is, EVERY other computer on the network can connect. Even my android devices and the occasional macbook can connect. I've got zero idea why this is happening but I'm at my wits end, please help. If there's any other information I can provide please let me know.

:)

bentou, Oct 28, 2015
  2. EckiS Win User
    EckiS, Oct 28, 2015
  3. R. Hansen_690, Oct 28, 2015
Thema:

Win10ProN cannot connect to samba network share

1. Win10ProN cannot connect to samba network share - Similar Threads - Win10ProN cannot connect

2. Samba Share/ Legacy Drive Mapping not staying Connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Samba Share/ Legacy Drive Mapping not staying Connected: Hello All, I have an issue where we need to map a network drive to Windows 10/11 Pro Laptops. For the Windows 10 Pro laptops, I can successfully Map the Drive letter Q: to the machine useing a net use cmd script as such. net use Q: \\192.xxx.xx.x\etc\etc /user:uname pw...
  3. Samba Share/ Legacy Drive Mapping not staying Connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Samba Share/ Legacy Drive Mapping not staying Connected: Hello All, I have an issue where we need to map a network drive to Windows 10/11 Pro Laptops. For the Windows 10 Pro laptops, I can successfully Map the Drive letter Q: to the machine useing a net use cmd script as such. net use Q: \\192.xxx.xx.x\etc\etc /user:uname pw...
  4. Cannot connect to network shares

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot connect to network shares: I cannot connect to Windows 10 network shares. There was no problem with any shares until changing the router. Now, some shares can be accessed, by all networked computers. Some shares cannot be accessed by any networked computer. When pointing to the share, the following...
  5. Connecting to a Samba Share

Connecting to a Samba Share: I am trying to connect to a samba share. There are two users on the machine. user1 was able to access the share drive and map the share on the machine. user2 was able to access the folders. the next day user1 could not access the drives that were mapped nor could they...
  6. Cannot access Samba share

Cannot access Samba share: Hi, I have a few Windows 10 computers and some linux computers on my network. I use Samba to enable sharing between the Windows and Linux computers. On one of the Windows computer I have a Storage Spaces drive set up as a Samba share. I can access some of the folders on this...
  7. Cannot Connect to Network Share on Windows2008 R2

Cannot Connect to Network Share on Windows2008 R2: Hi I have an Laptop Running Windows10 Build 1809 - And A Windows2008 R2 Running running Role as Fileserver Suddenly I cannot connect to that server at File share I removed all drives through explorer - made sure no one else is mapped through net use * /delete But I sure...
  8. Samba connectivity

Samba connectivity: I'm still working with a problem I've mentioned here before: my Windows boxes have lost connectivity to my Samba box since adopting Win 10. There are dozens of flavors of this problem discussed online, and dozens of solutions, none of which have worked for me. Describing...
  9. Cannot connect to SAMBA shares on CENTOS7

Cannot connect to SAMBA shares on CENTOS7: Hello everyone, I'm having this very annoying issue with samba shares. The server is running on a CentOS 7 distro with samba-4.1.12-23.el7_1.x86_64. My Windows 10 build is 10240. The shares are visible but when I try to connect it waits a while and then gives me this...
  10. SAMBA share visible in Explorer, but cannot accress

SAMBA share visible in Explorer, but cannot accress: I have SAMBA shares on a debian server. I can see the shares in Explorer. When I doubble click I am asked for credentials, but when I enter the correct (more than double and triple checked) credentials I get an error indicating that the error is due multiple connections....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot connect cifs/smb/samba netwokshares & shared folders

2. windows software to connect to samba share