Windows 10: Win10x64 - Most Recent Update 10/5/19-ish -- CMD Process Dies

Discus and support Win10x64 - Most Recent Update 10/5/19-ish -- CMD Process Dies in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I try to open the CMD through either "Run" or System32, it very briefly opens but the process immediately dies. I can see the window open in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Label07, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Label07 Win User

Win10x64 - Most Recent Update 10/5/19-ish -- CMD Process Dies

When I try to open the CMD through either "Run" or System32, it very briefly opens but the process immediately dies. I can see the window open in the top right of my monitor but it is only there for a split second.

Nothing showing in "Task Manager". Nothing I could find relevant in "Event Viewer".
    Tried a "chkdsk /f /r" and issue remains.
    Tried "sfc /scannow" in powershell (alternative option for a CMD module). Found some errors but the .log file didn't have anything I could find relevant. Windows stated it is in the CBS.log (attached).

Any thoughts? Anyone else experiencing the same issue?

:)

Label07, Oct 8, 2019

2. critical process died in windows 10

Hi,

To resolve your concern about the critical process died in Windows 10, we suggest that you do the system diagnostics. Here are the steps:

• Boot your computer and continuously press ESC key on your keyboard until you reach the
      Startup menu.
    • From the Startup menu, press F2 (or whatever the designated key is) for
      System Diagnostics.
    • Use arrow keys to navigate and choose Hard Drive Check.
    • Choose Extensive Check.
    Allow it to finish then boot your computer as normal.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Oct 8, 2019
  3. BSOD - Critical Process Died

Hi Tony,

The blue screen error with a stop code 'Critical Process Died' that you encountered can be caused by a recent update, device drivers that got corrupted or system files that got corrupted. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• What changes were made or what updates were installed prior to the issue occurring?
    • Did you mean to say that you ran your device in safe mode when you said that you booted the device with only Microsoft Processes running?
    • Which version and build of Windows 10 is installed on your device?

As an initial recommendation, we suggest that you follow the steps on this
    link
    to run the driver verifier. Driver verifier is an inbuilt tool in the Windows operating system, which helps you to test the drivers which may be corrupted. These corrupted drivers may contribute as to why you're getting a "Blue Screen of Death" (BSOD)
    or stop errors.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Oct 8, 2019
  4. singh Win User

Critical Process Died on windows 10 setup

Ive just opened event viewer as you suggested but I cant seem to find any error that says "critical process died"
    Win10x64 - Most Recent Update 10/5/19-ish -- CMD Process Dies [​IMG]

I have attached a screenshot of the event viewer. I have scrolled to the bottom to where it first booted up.

Ive downloaded the software you sent the link for but I'm not sure how to use it as nothing shows up when I load it.

singh, Oct 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Win10x64 - Most Recent Update 10/5/19-ish -- CMD Process Dies - Similar Threads - Win10x64 Recent Update

2. trouble with the most recent update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    trouble with the most recent update: my audio on my laptop has stopped working after having installed the latest update for windows 11, and I am very confused as to why it is not working as I have also tried many, many solutions in order to fix it. I also cannot go back to the previous version either nor can I...
  3. Most recent updates will not install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Most recent updates will not install: I am having no success in installing new updates on my Windows 10 computer. I have received various error messages that all ultimately result in BSoDs. I have tried clearing my SoftwareDistribution folder, all to no avail.The updates in question are the KB2267602, the...
  4. Most Recent Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Most Recent Windows 10 Update: I got that big update in the last 10 days. On its way to the desktop, it showed some new things. I was in a hurry and skipped past it. Is there a way to get back to that OR is there a list of new features available? One thing that I keep running into and don't know how I am...
  5. Most Recent Update Issue

Most Recent Update Issue: Earlier today I had no problem accessing Microsoft products but after an update I cannot. The message received reads as follows: "WINWORD.EXE - Application Error The application was unable to start correctly0xc0000142. Click OK to close application." Please advise how I...
  6. Downloaded the most recent update...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Downloaded the most recent update...: And it did removed my profile picture, changed the color of my task bar... why would an update do this? It's not letting me change the color back either. submitted by /u/windyhollow102 [link] [comments]...
  7. Most recent updates

Most recent updates: How do I know I'm operating on updated version of Microsoft windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/most-recent-updates/88d75eee-19a0-4633-962f-17af33c3dab4
  8. Critical process died loop, most options unavailable.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Critical process died loop, most options unavailable.: Okay so here's the list of Bluesceens I've had once or twice and been unable to fix. (The system is under 6 months old.) IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA (Atikmdag.sys failed) Now: CRITICAL PROCESS DIED Every startup. I...
  9. Most recent update

Most recent update: I am an "Insider" and have installed the latest update. All sorts of strange things have started to happen. Examples: 1. The audio out on my camera no longer works for conversations on Skype. 2, The voice recorder no longer works. 3, When I try to open Edge I receive the...
  10. BSOD Critical Process Died (mostly)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Critical Process Died (mostly): Dear all, I am using a Lenovo Y510P, originally installed with Windows 8.1. I upgraded to Windows 10 in July and it worked fine-ish up until now. I have recently (for the past few days) encountered quite frequent BSODs, most of the time with the code CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 error critical process dies