Windows 10: Win11 22H2 Broke PINTOHOME GPO Script

Discus and support Win11 22H2 Broke PINTOHOME GPO Script in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I use a script set to run at logon to pin network folders to quick access. After this update users that logon no longer see their shared folders. I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by jrubeo, Dec 5, 2022.

1. jrubeo Win User

Win11 22H2 Broke PINTOHOME GPO Script

I use a script set to run at logon to pin network folders to quick access. After this update users that logon no longer see their shared folders. I am guessing it is due to the quick access being changed to "Home."Any idea why this script would no longer function via GPO logon script? If I run the script manually on the device with powershell it works and will repopulate the shared folders. $folder1 = "\\ad.domain.com\asharedfolder"$QuickAccess = New-Object -ComObject shell.application$QuickAccess.Namespace$folder1.Self.InvokeVerb"pintohome"

:)

jrubeo, Dec 5, 2022
  2. jrubeo Win User

I use a script set to run at logon to pin network folders to quick access. After this update users that logon no longer see their shared folders. I am guessing it is due to the quick access being changed to "Home."

Any idea why this script would no longer function via GPO logon script?
    If I run the script manually on the device with powershell it works and will repopulate the shared folders.

$folder1 = "\\ad.domain.com\asharedfolder"

$QuickAccess = New-Object -ComObject shell.application

$QuickAccess.Namespace($folder1).Self.InvokeVerb("pintohome")

jrubeo, Dec 6, 2022
  3. Win11 22H2 Broke PINTOHOME GPO Script

Please try:

$(

$folder1 = "\\ad.domain.com\asharedfolder"

$QuickAccess = New-Object -ComObject shell.application

$QuickAccess.Namespace($folder1).Self.InvokeVerb("pintohome")

) *>&1 > "$env:TEMP\err.log"

And then, check %TEMP%\err.log to see if an error has been encountered.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Dec 6, 2022
  4. Win11 22H2 Broke PINTOHOME GPO Script

GPOs not running logon scripts

Greetings,

we have an environment of 2 DCs running WS 2008R2 and applying several GPOs. The GPOs that have a user logon script (vbs or ps1) can not run. At the same time, if we run the vbs scripts from a pc on the domain they run successfully. Any suggestions would
    be appreciated!

Thanking you in advance.

Eleftheria Siachalou, Dec 6, 2022
Thema:

1. Win11 22H2 Broke PINTOHOME GPO Script - Similar Threads - Win11 22H2 Broke

2. Update Win11 22H2 to 23H3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update Win11 22H2 to 23H3: I've jumped through every hoop I can find on the web and still getting a:Windows 11, version 23H2Download error - 0x80246019error.Currently running:Microsoft Windows Version 22H2 0S Build 22621.2506 @ Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Any ideas?...
  3. Update Win11 22H2 to 23H3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update Win11 22H2 to 23H3: I've jumped through every hoop I can find on the web and still getting a:Windows 11, version 23H2Download error - 0x80246019error.Currently running:Microsoft Windows Version 22H2 0S Build 22621.2506 @ Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Any ideas?...
  4. Update for Win11 22H2 22.8.2023

Update for Win11 22H2 22.8.2023: Cheers,Drew https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-for-win11-22h2-2282023/2de0c7d9-3484-430b-aca4-24668e0842f3
  5. Win11 22H2 Broke PINTOHOME GPO Script

Win11 22H2 Broke PINTOHOME GPO Script: I use a script set to run at logon to pin network folders to quick access. After this update users that logon no longer see their shared folders. I am guessing it is due to the quick access being changed to "Home."Any idea why this script would no longer function via GPO...
  6. Win11 22H2 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 22H2 update: Im not able to install the update it has an error 0x000004C3. Im running Windows 11 that came from free upgrade. I have compatible machine so I dont think it should have problem. I have enough storage as well. Where does this error came from and how to resolve it?...
  7. Win11 22H2 update

Win11 22H2 update: Im not able to install the update it has an error 0x000004C3. Im running Windows 11 that came from free upgrade. I have compatible machine so I dont think it should have problem. I have enough storage as well. Where does this error came from and how to resolve it?...
  8. Powershell GPO Startup Script not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Powershell GPO Startup Script not working: Hello, I wrote a Powershell Script to delete Microsoft Store Apps which works fine when run manually. However I want to run it as a Startup script via GPO on all computers Windows 10 Pro in our domain. For that, I created a group policy and added the script under Computer...
  9. Get backups by script using GPO

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Get backups by script using GPO: How to get backup from a user that exist In a domain by setting up a group policy and using a script for example when a user log off from his computer this script run and get backup and send to server....
  10. Run a Script with administrative privileges via GPO

in Windows 10 Support
    Run a Script with administrative privileges via GPO: I'm trying to run a script using the GPO Startup option (on the PCs OU) which, as we know, uses the same privileges of a local system account. The batch file updates (imports settings through a separate file) a program already present on the PC client (win 10). After applied...