Windows 10: Win11 asking to activate after upgrade from Win 11‽

Discus and support Win11 asking to activate after upgrade from Win 11‽ in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I bought a used laptop a couple years ago with Win 10. Soon after I set it up with my login and network, it updated to Win 11. About a year ago, after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TimCrow2, Mar 1, 2024.

1. TimCrow2 Win User

Win11 asking to activate after upgrade from Win 11‽

I bought a used laptop a couple years ago with Win 10. Soon after I set it up with my login and network, it updated to Win 11. About a year ago, after an update, it started saying that I needed to activate Windows. I have recently purchased a Win 11 license that still did not work. Do I need to completely uninstall/reinstall Windows for this to work? And why start doing this in the first place, as I had a stable Win 10 install originally?

:)

TimCrow2, Mar 1, 2024
  2. DJG
    DJG Win User

Switching from Win 10 to Win 11

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll be getting new MB and CPU when I move to Win11. And I always do system volume image backups after I successfully update Windows so no problem there *Smile. Cheers!

3. Megahertz Win User
    Switching from Win 10 to Win 11

I suggest you do a drive image backup of your current win 10 drive. I had some issues with Win 11 and I roll back using the Win10 image. As you don't have a Win 11 supported CPU, you have to tweak the Win 11 installation files. How to upgrade from Win11 21h2 to Win 11 22h2 - A guide | Windows 11 Forum It is the same process to upgrade from win 10

Megahertz, Mar 1, 2024
  4. talisPRO3 Win User

UPGRADE FROM WIN 10 TO WIN 11?

SO I JUST BOUGHT A NEW LAPTOP WITH AN WINDOWS 10 PREOFESSIONNEL

• LICENCE OEM: DM
    • ACTIVATED
    I WANNA UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 11 MY LAPTOP IS COMPATIBLE BUT DO I NEED TO BUY A NEW LICENCE AND THE KEY TO ACTIVATE WIN 11 AFTER THE UPGRADE ?

talisPRO3, Mar 1, 2024
Thema:

1. Win11 asking to activate after upgrade from Win 11‽ - Similar Threads - Win11 asking activate

2. Win11 asking to activate after upgrade from Win 11‽

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 asking to activate after upgrade from Win 11‽: I bought a used laptop a couple years ago with Win 10. Soon after I set it up with my login and network, it updated to Win 11. About a year ago, after an update, it started saying that I needed to activate Windows. I have recently purchased a Win 11 license that still did not...
  3. after installing win 11 from win 10 activated , win 11 is now not activated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after installing win 11 from win 10 activated , win 11 is now not activated: my win 10 is activated,,,,,, when I used win 11 installer and installed win 11 it is now not activated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-installing-win-11-from-win-10-activated-win/9aae2db1-4e7a-4a9e-9abc-b986027f3e7d
  4. after installing win 11 from win 10 activated , win 11 is now not activated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    after installing win 11 from win 10 activated , win 11 is now not activated: my win 10 is activated,,,,,, when I used win 11 installer and installed win 11 it is now not activated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-installing-win-11-from-win-10-activated-win/9aae2db1-4e7a-4a9e-9abc-b986027f3e7d
  5. UPGRADE FROM WIN11 HOME TO WIN PRO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UPGRADE FROM WIN11 HOME TO WIN PRO: I have just recently purchased Win 11 pro so I could upgrade from Windows 11home. Tt shows on my account, but I am not able to do anything with it. I have no install or key. When I click on the Software name on the account, the page says that it is no longer there....
  6. UPGRADE FROM WIN11 HOME TO WIN PRO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UPGRADE FROM WIN11 HOME TO WIN PRO: I have just recently purchased Win 11 pro so I could upgrade from Windows 11home. Tt shows on my account, but I am not able to do anything with it. I have no install or key. When I click on the Software name on the account, the page says that it is no longer there....
  7. Windows asking to Activate after upgrade...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows asking to Activate after upgrade...: I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from OEM Windows 10 Home. The upgrade initially failed, but on reboot, indicate it's now Windows Enterprise. Now it's asking me to Activate Windows. When I , which it won't do. Troubleshooting Activation fails with error 0x80070005. My Pro order...
  8. Win 10 not activated after upgrading from activated Win 8.1

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 not activated after upgrading from activated Win 8.1: Hi. I've taken my laptop to a local PC shop to get it upgraded from Win 8.1 as it was extremely buggy. They upgraded to Win 10 Pro, but over time I started getting pop up messages asking to activate windows. Windows 8.1 was activated, as it came directly from the...
  9. Win 10 activation after an Upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 activation after an Upgrade: Hi, I upgraded to WIn 10 from my Win 7 Pro 64 All went great and I have used it for a while, then found I needed more power than my old Q6600 Quad Core. I upgraded to an i7 9700 on a Gigabyte 390 Aorus Pro board . I have previously linked my Win 10 installation to my...
  10. Activation problem after upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activation problem after upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10: When I check activation it shows "Unable to reach Windows activation servers". I have wireless connection thru router, in fact I logged into this forum and entered this post on laptop with the problem (#1 system info in profile). Any ideas? 141839