Windows 10: Win11 - Closing the lid of the laptop resets my monitor setup even after power settings

Discus and support Win11 - Closing the lid of the laptop resets my monitor setup even after power settings in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey, my new laptop came with a disastrous Win11, one of the problems is Display settings. Some key things:Its an Asus laptopIt's a Windows 11It works... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SturmerAF, Jun 27, 2022.

1. SturmerAF Win User

Win11 - Closing the lid of the laptop resets my monitor setup even after power settings

Hey, my new laptop came with a disastrous Win11, one of the problems is Display settings. Some key things:Its an Asus laptopIt's a Windows 11It works fine on the previous Asus laptop Win10 based I still have it on a table.A laptop is on a battery and charging at this moment.Power settings are adjusted for full power where possible and lid motion is disabled. Problem:I set my external monitor as 'main' and set 'Show only on 2' as I do in windows 10. The internal monitor turns off, but as I close the lid, I see a fancy animation and settings jump back to 'Extent these displays' and make the cl

:)

SturmerAF, Jun 27, 2022

2. monitor not detected while laptop lid is closed

I have a two monitor setup using separate USB C to HDMI cables for each monitors. I change the settings in the power plans to do nothing when the lid is closed for both when plugged in and not plugged in. However, when
    I close the lid one of the monitors no longer displays and is not detected by my computer. It seems as though the power supply to the cable shuts off when the lid closes. It is strange because it seems that only one port of the three total I have on my laptop
    stays active when the lid closes. The power setting is set to high performance. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Damien Lipsky, Jun 27, 2022
  3. monitor not detected while laptop lid is closed

I have a two monitor setup using separate USB C to HDMI cables for each monitors. I change the settings in the power plans to do nothing when the lid is closed for both when plugged in and not plugged in. However, when I close the lid one of the monitors
    no longer displays and is not detected by my computer. It seems as though the power supply to the cable shuts off when the lid closes. It is strange because it seems that only one port of the three total I have on my laptop stays active when the lid closes.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Damien Lipsky, Jun 27, 2022
  4. Win11 - Closing the lid of the laptop resets my monitor setup even after power settings

Monitor settings when close laptop lid

Hi,

I usually connect a secondary monitor to my laptop and close the lid. This worked fine until today. When I close the lid the monitor indicates that the source settings are higher than it can handle and it indicates me to change them to 1600x900 60Hz. However,
    I can't do this since the lid is closed and I can't see what I'm doing.

This is only a problem for when the lid is closed, I can still use my secondary monitor as an extension of the laptop monitor.

Any idea on how to solve this?

Thanks

Antoniio Herrera, Jun 27, 2022
Thema:

Win11 - Closing the lid of the laptop resets my monitor setup even after power settings

1. Win11 - Closing the lid of the laptop resets my monitor setup even after power settings - Similar Threads - Win11 Closing lid

2. Laptop locks/hibernates after closing lid even with setting turned off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop locks/hibernates after closing lid even with setting turned off: I currently use an additional monitor plugged into my laptop, and I have it set up to not do anything when I close the lid, so that I can watch shows/movies on the monitor with the lid closed so that screen isn't on. I have had it like this for 3+ years. Recently when doing...
  3. Laptop locks/hibernates after closing lid even with setting turned off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop locks/hibernates after closing lid even with setting turned off: I currently use an additional monitor plugged into my laptop, and I have it set up to not do anything when I close the lid, so that I can watch shows/movies on the monitor with the lid closed so that screen isn't on. I have had it like this for 3+ years. Recently when doing...
  4. Laptop locks/hibernates after closing lid even with setting turned off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Win11 - Closing the lid of the laptop resets my monitor setup even after power settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 - Closing the lid of the laptop resets my monitor setup even after power settings: Hey, my new laptop came with a disastrous Win11, one of the problems is Display settings. Some key things:Its an Asus laptopIt's a Windows 11It works fine on the previous Asus laptop Win10 based I still have it on a table.A laptop is on a battery and charging at this...
  6. power problem shuts off with lid closed, even with correct settings

power problem shuts off with lid closed, even with correct settings: just downloaded new windowsEdition Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 Installed on ‎7/‎14/‎2021 OS build 19043.1110 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0 now with lid closed laptop shuts offmade few changes in advanced power setting but the right tweak is not...
  7. Display Closing Lid and Power Settings

Display Closing Lid and Power Settings: I was wondering about if there was any way for a setting to be changed so that: -If my computer is hooked up to a display (monitor), it would not sleep when I close the lid -If my computer is not hooked up to a display (monitor), it would sleep when I close the lid...
  8. Multiple monitors settings discard after lid closed

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Multiple monitors settings discard after lid closed: Hello everyone, I'm still new to win10, so probably don't know simple things. Settings on multiple displays are ''show only on 2''(A). My external monitor working perfect till I close laptop's lid and then open it again. Settings become ''Duplicate these displays''(B) and...
  9. Monitor settings when close laptop lid

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitor settings when close laptop lid: Hi, I usually connect a secondary monitor to my laptop and close the lid. This worked fine until today. When I close the lid the monitor indicates that the source settings are higher than it can handle and it indicates me to change them to 1600x900 60Hz. However, I can't do...
  10. Close laptop lid - external monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Close laptop lid - external monitor: I have a laptop monitor and an external monitor and set things up so the display is extended On my old Windows 10 laptop, when I shut the lid of the laptop, all the windows on that screen would just move to external monitor. My new laptop (Asus) does not do this and the...