Windows 10: Win11 locks too quickly when I look away.

Discus and support Win11 locks too quickly when I look away. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have facial recognition enabled. However, it dims then locks too quickly when I look away from the screen.I can't seem to find these settings to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RobS78, May 17, 2022.

1. RobS78 Win User

Win11 locks too quickly when I look away.

I have facial recognition enabled. However, it dims then locks too quickly when I look away from the screen.I can't seem to find these settings to delay that dim and lock. It wasn't in the power display settings.Other then that I do like this feature.Any help finding those?Thanks!!

:)

RobS78, May 17, 2022

2. Lock Screen Comes on too quickly

Hi Kevin,

There may be a few reasons why the lock screen comes on too quickly. To isolate the issue, kindly answer the following questions first:

• Is your Windows 10 PC up-to-date? If not, please refer to these helpful links:

Update history
      and
      Keep your PC up to date.
    • What changes have you done to your PC prior to encountering this issue?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you performed so far?

We look forward to your post and we appreciate your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, May 17, 2022
  3. rmanasa Win User
    Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, May 17, 2022
  4. Win11 locks too quickly when I look away.

Windows 10 Surface Pro 3 Looking for lock screen photo location

Hi Dennis,

To find the location of Windows wallpaper images, we suggest following these steps:

• Open File Explorer and navigate to C:\Windows\Web.
    • You'll find separate folders labeled Wallpaper and Screen.
    • Screen folder contains images for Windows 10 lock screen.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Gerard Qui, May 17, 2022
Thema:

Win11 locks too quickly when I look away.

1. Win11 locks too quickly when I look away. - Similar Threads - Win11 locks too

2. Audio too low Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio too low Win11: Coming from Win10 I have this enhancement tab that solve all my problem. Now on Win11 pro. The enhancement tab disappear. My device manager audio drivers are also no longer "High definition Audio device" like I used to have in Win10.Volume is very low.I went to communication...
  3. Audio too low Win11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio too low Win11: Coming from Win10 I have this enhancement tab that solve all my problem. Now on Win11 pro. The enhancement tab disappear. My device manager audio drivers are also no longer "High definition Audio device" like I used to have in Win10.Volume is very low.I went to communication...
  4. Win11 locks too quickly when I look away.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 locks too quickly when I look away.: I have facial recognition enabled. However, it dims then locks too quickly when I look away from the screen.I can't seem to find these settings to delay that dim and lock. It wasn't in the power display settings.Other then that I do like this feature.Any help finding...
  5. hover too quick

hover too quick: Maybe its just me, but the latest updates to windows seem to have added a quick click. When I hover over an item it activates an instruction. Ie, choose a card in solitaire and the arrow rests on the card it goes ahead and chooses it for you, when that is not your intent. I...
  6. Quick Assist Disconnect Right Away

Quick Assist Disconnect Right Away: When my employer and I log into Quick Assist after he sends me the code and then we go to our remote session it cancels out our Quick Assist We have talked to our IT guy and he states this is a microsoft issue as I can do Quick Assist at any time while on my desktop but...
  7. Computer won't lock when I step away for 10 minutes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer won't lock when I step away for 10 minutes: I am new to WIndows 10. On my old WIndows 7 system, if I walked away for 10 minutes, the screen saver would come on and I would have to enter my password to unlock the computer. I like that feature and want that behavior on my new Windows 10 system. Unfortunately, when I...
  8. On screen keyboard prediction fades away too quickly

in Windows 10 Support
    On screen keyboard prediction fades away too quickly: I have been using windows 10 on screen keyboard for a very long without any issues, recently I've noticed the prediction on, on screen keyboard fades away sometimes in a millisecond after you press a letter, which was never the case in past. Does anyone know what the issue is...
  9. Quick Look

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Look: Windows 10 won't let me choose Quick Look as the default photo viewer. The app doesn't work in Photoshop and it isn't listed among the apps to choose from in settings>default apps. I just migrated from Mac OS and their Preview app has automatic spacebar enlargement,...
  10. Quick Access looks different.

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Access looks different.: My original quick access does not look like this, I tried to clear my recent searches and restore default but it didn't change. Hope you might help. [img] 82263