Windows 10: Win11 OOBE "Let's name your PC" breaks Pre-Provisioning Mode HAAD Join Autopilot

Discus and support Win11 OOBE "Let's name your PC" breaks Pre-Provisioning Mode HAAD Join Autopilot in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Yesterday, when showcasing AutoPilot to a colleague, I noticed that with pre-provisioning mode the user would still have the option to rename the PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LeonardGilbert, Dec 8, 2021.

1. Win11 OOBE "Let's name your PC" breaks Pre-Provisioning Mode HAAD Join Autopilot

Yesterday, when showcasing AutoPilot to a colleague, I noticed that with pre-provisioning mode the user would still have the option to rename the PC after the equipment depot ships it to them i.e. after Reseal is clicked when pre-previsioning finishes and the user turns the device back on when they get it. My colleague did this since it was an option and it caused an issue with anyone signing in. As apart of the pre-provisioning flow the AD object is already created by the time the user gets it. If they do this, the domain controller won't have an object by that name and they can't log into

:)

LeonardGilbert, Dec 8, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Try out Windows Autopilot white glove pre-provisioning with Windows 10

Source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...ng/ba-p/740502

Brink, Dec 8, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Try out Windows Autopilot white glove pre-provisioning with Windows 10

Source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...ng/ba-p/740502

Brink, Dec 8, 2021
  4. Win11 OOBE "Let's name your PC" breaks Pre-Provisioning Mode HAAD Join Autopilot

MS Autopilot and Computer rename

Hi there,

We have a serial number naming convention on our estate - We are moving to AAD with giving users the OOBE using InTune and Autopilot. One issue we came across was the %SERIAL% needs to have a parameter before it eg DESK-%SERIAL% - Is there anyway around
    this or do I have to use this, join the AAD and run a script to rename after?

Thanks

Paul

PaulHayes77, Dec 8, 2021
Thema:

Win11 OOBE "Let's name your PC" breaks Pre-Provisioning Mode HAAD Join Autopilot

1. Win11 OOBE "Let's name your PC" breaks Pre-Provisioning Mode HAAD Join Autopilot - Similar Threads - Win11 OOBE Let's

2. 22H2 Breaks Provisioning packs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    22H2 Breaks Provisioning packs?: Hi,We have been running Win 11 for a few months now. We are slowly upgrading our fleet. The latest build we are using is the Aug. 23 build from VLSC. We have our provisioning packs on our sticks and everything works as it should. I grabbed the Sept. 20 build "22H2". I tried...
  3. 22H2 Breaks Provisioning packs?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    22H2 Breaks Provisioning packs?: Hi,We have been running Win 11 for a few months now. We are slowly upgrading our fleet. The latest build we are using is the Aug. 23 build from VLSC. We have our provisioning packs on our sticks and everything works as it should. I grabbed the Sept. 20 build "22H2". I tried...
  4. Onboarding OOBE laptops to Intune Autopilot - Defender Install

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Onboarding OOBE laptops to Intune Autopilot - Defender Install: When we onboard new laptops to Intune through Autopilot, how can we make sure that the Microsoft Defender 365 is installed as soon as the user computer is onboarded? Is there any policy that needs to be setup in order to get that laptop to be on Windows Defender portal so...
  5. Windows Autopilot Provisioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Autopilot Provisioning: I'm having issues with making the Windows Autopilot provisioning work with a new computer. What I'm trying to do is use the "Technician flow" during the OOBE by pressing the Windows key five times to view the additional options dialog: I then select the Windows Autopilot...
  6. Windows Autopilot Provisioning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Autopilot Provisioning: I'm having issues with making the Windows Autopilot provisioning work with a new computer. What I'm trying to do is use the "Technician flow" during the OOBE by pressing the Windows key five times to view the additional options dialog: I then select the Windows Autopilot...
  7. Windows Autopilot Provisioning

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Win11 OOBE "Let's name your PC" breaks Pre-Provisioning Mode HAAD Join Autopilot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 OOBE "Let's name your PC" breaks Pre-Provisioning Mode HAAD Join Autopilot: Yesterday, when showcasing AutoPilot to a colleague, I noticed that with pre-provisioning mode the user would still have the option to rename the PC after the equipment depot ships it to them i.e. after Reseal is clicked when pre-previsioning finishes and the user turns the...
  9. Try out Windows Autopilot white glove pre-provisioning with Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Try out Windows Autopilot white glove pre-provisioning with Windows 10: Windows Autopilot enables organizations to easily provision new devices, taking them from the initial OEM factory configuration to a ready-for-productive-use state. But depending on the amount of software and policies that need to be configured on the device, this...
  10. Offline provisioning packages do not start during OOBE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Offline provisioning packages do not start during OOBE: Hello, In previous versions of Windows 10 I could use dism to add a provisioning package offline that would automate OOBE for me. I do this by applying the image in WinPE then running dism /image:c:\ /add-provisioningpackage /packagepath:test.ppkg. Starting with 1903 the...