Windows 10: Win11 Pro file explorer constantly defaulting to grouping by date - how to disable grouping

Discus and support Win11 Pro file explorer constantly defaulting to grouping by date - how to disable grouping in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,Recently I have been finding that some of my folders on Win11 Pro for one constant example, my Downloads folder keeps defaulting to grouping the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Princess Wonder Woman, Feb 27, 2024.

1. Win11 Pro file explorer constantly defaulting to grouping by date - how to disable grouping

Hello,Recently I have been finding that some of my folders on Win11 Pro for one constant example, my Downloads folder keeps defaulting to grouping the folders by date. This even happens when I am going through the process of saving a file from various programs like when downloading from the internet using MS Edge most frequently. Important to note is that I have a NAS drive where my files are stored in my apartment. I cannot figure out how to stop this from happening. I do not like the grouping feature, I prefer to only see a list of the files and folders preferably organized by name.I p

:)

Princess Wonder Woman, Feb 27, 2024

2. Group By Date in Folders as the Default

This is my formal complaint about the awful default setting to group by date in folders.

It is seriously just a less useful and more annoying way to sort by column.

Why in the world would I want to default be sorted and group by date? What does that accomplish? Other than making navigation more clunky, anyway.

And the fact that the Save As and Attach explorer windows don't even follow the standard Folder View settings is crazy.

It's a bad feature and it should be default disabled.

BenAlfveby, Feb 27, 2024
  3. Solved - Add more defaults to "Group by" in Explorer (and "Sort by")

How to add "Date Modified" and "Type" to all Group by (and Sort by) in Explorer in all folders?

I can add these to an individual folder by using "More" at the bottom of the Group by list.

Group by current list is 'Name', 'Date', 'Size' and 'Length'.

I want to add 'Date Modified' and 'Type' to all folders in all situations.

It would also be nice to remove 'Date'.

Thank you.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

ColinMcWhirter, Feb 27, 2024
  4. Win11 Pro file explorer constantly defaulting to grouping by date - how to disable grouping

Grouping pictures by month or actual date in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps for sorting the pictures in date wise and check if it helps.

• Go to “file explorer” and open it.
    • Right click on the picture screen.
    • Click on “group by” option and go to more options.
    • Check the box “Date” and click on “Ok”
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 27, 2024
Thema:

Win11 Pro file explorer constantly defaulting to grouping by date - how to disable grouping

1. Win11 Pro file explorer constantly defaulting to grouping by date - how to disable grouping - Similar Threads - Win11 Pro file

2. Win11 Pro file explorer constantly defaulting to grouping by date - how to disable grouping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11 Pro file explorer constantly defaulting to grouping by date - how to disable grouping: Hello,Recently I have been finding that some of my folders on Win11 Pro for one constant example, my Downloads folder keeps defaulting to grouping the folders by date. This even happens when I am going through the process of saving a file from various programs like when...
  3. How to permanently disable Group By in File Explorer Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to permanently disable Group By in File Explorer Windows: Exact same question, still occurring in Windows 11 for a long time now. The only reply in that thread didn't help, so I'm asking for more help."I would like to permanently disable or remove the "Group By" option in the "View menu" of "File Explorer" in Windows. I can not...
  4. How to permanently disable Group By in File Explorer Windows

How to permanently disable Group By in File Explorer Windows: Exact same question, still occurring in Windows 11 for a long time now. The only reply in that thread didn't help, so I'm asking for more help."I would like to permanently disable or remove the "Group By" option in the "View menu" of "File Explorer" in Windows. I can not...
  5. group by date

in Windows 10 Gaming
    group by date: I download and collect a lot of anime pics. I have noticed ,that sometime recently, the group by date setting ,no longer groups them by the date I downloaded them, but rather by the original date on the picture. is there any way I can revert it back to using the date...
  6. group by date

group by date: I download and collect a lot of anime pics. I have noticed ,that sometime recently, the group by date setting ,no longer groups them by the date I downloaded them, but rather by the original date on the picture. is there any way I can revert it back to using the date...
  7. How to permanently disable Group By in File Explorer Windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to permanently disable Group By in File Explorer Windows: I would like to permanently disable or remove the "Group By" option in the "View menu" of "File Explorer" in Windows. I can not foresee any universe in which I would want this setting. It keeps turning itself ON randomly on a folder that I may be working on.Yes, I know how to...
  8. Group By Date in Folders as the Default

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Group By Date in Folders as the Default: This is my formal complaint about the awful default setting to group by date in folders. It is seriously just a less useful and more annoying way to sort by column. Why in the world would I want to default be sorted and group by date? What does that accomplish? Other...
  9. Disable the file display groups in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disable the file display groups in file explorer: I want to disable file explorer from sorting the files in groups. It keeps putting the files in to groupings and telling me how many files are in this groups. For example Q-Z 2. Really. I do not like this. It is like my email trying to sort by today, earlier in the week,...
  10. How to disable File Grouping in Explorer on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable File Grouping in Explorer on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The File Explorer is the ultimate tool for browsing files on storage on a Windows 10 computer. It provides a great sense of customization for both listing and performing operations on a file. A user can arrange the files and [...] This post How to disable...