Windows 10: Win11 SFC cannot repair msimsg.dll.mui

Discus and support Win11 SFC cannot repair msimsg.dll.mui in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm on a Win 11 machine, it was clean installed a few weeks ago. I ran the sfc function after games crash, and apparently my msimsg.dll.mui is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JmW408, Jan 14, 2022.

1. JmW408 Win User

Win11 SFC cannot repair msimsg.dll.mui

I'm on a Win 11 machine, it was clean installed a few weeks ago. I ran the sfc function after games crash, and apparently my msimsg.dll.mui is corrupted, and it cannot be repaired for some reason. Here're the failed messages from my logs:2022-01-14 10:01:27, Info CSI 000000c3 [SR] Beginning Verify and Repair transaction 2022-01-14 10:01:27, Info CSI 000000c4 Hashes for file member [l:14]'msimsg.dll.mui' do not match. Expected: {l:32 ml:33 b:f3aa3137dbac6b2831138f2534dea86fe615ae8a59e206db3dcb8357f590a6d2}. Actual: {l:32 b:ee94caf87aedcfea25925ab682ec69b1

:)

JmW408, Jan 14, 2022
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

sfc /scannow error repair

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We appreciate the efforts you have taken in trying to resolve this issue. I have analyzed the error logs that you have shared and I would suggest you follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Type Command Prompt in the
      search bar
      on the Taskbar.
    2. Right click on the Command Prompt icon and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Now, paste the following command and hit Enter:
      DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    4. Once the DISM command is executed, we would suggest you to run sfc /scannow again.

If the integrity violations are not repaired after running sfc scan, the best option will be performing a repair installation. A repair installation will repair all the corrupted files.

Refer the steps mentioned below:

Download the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool (MCT) and use it to perform a repair installation
    of Windows 10. We have a video that can show you how if you aren’t sure

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 14, 2022
  3. Phaewryn Win User
    Error: ucrtbase.terminate not located in the dynamic link library api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll

Open elevated cmd.
    Type the following command: regsvr32 /u api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll.
    Type the following command: regsvr32 /i api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll.
    Close cmd. Shut down. Restart.
    Here's the page that lists the commands: Regsvr32 - Register a DLL - Windows CMD - SS64.com

That being said, I also did a registry cleaning, and it also had a pending update that went through that was apparently awaiting a full shut down. It might very well have just been that.

Microsoft can nudge all they want, I'm keeping this older model laptop on 7, it's not powerful enough for the bloat of 10. I was very near to running a sfc scan (I was going to make that my last thing to set it to do before retiring to bed for the night) and then putting the windows disc in and repairing the install like you suggested tomorrow if the sfc repair didn't work.

Phaewryn, Jan 14, 2022
  4. Kem Mon Win User

dll file not found after Creator's Update, Code Execution Cannot Proceed

Hi Aberfoyle,

It is possible that the
    .dll file was corrupted during the update causing the error to occur.
    To better assist you, kindly find the
    .dll file
    in
    c:\Windows\System32. If you can find the
    .dll file, it means that we need to
    register
    your
    .dll file
    to your
    Operating System
    for it to
    work. To do this, we need to
    unregister
    the
    .dll file
    first and
    re-register
    it. Here are the steps on how to do so:

To unregister the .dll file:

• Press
      Windows key + R, type
      Regsvr32 /u c:\Windows\System32\VCRUNTIME140.dll
      and hit
      Enter/OK.

To re-register the .dll file:

• Press
      Windows key + R, type
      Regsvr32 c:\Windows\System32\VCRUNTIME140.dll
      and hit
      Enter/OK.

If you cannot find the
    .dll
    file in
    c:\Windows\System32,
    kindly run these methods of troubleshooting
    so that we will know if the issue is within/not within the
    Operating System:

Method 1:
    Run SFC Scan.  

SFC
    will
    scan
    and
    run
    an
    automatic repair
    to any
    corrupted system files
    that it will detect. We suggest that you perform it twice. To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Note:
    Kindly run
    SFC twice or thrice
    and check for results before you proceed to the next method.

Method 2: Clean Boot.

Clean Boot
    will
    stop or disable
    the
    applications
    that are running in your
    computer's background.
    To perform a
    Clean Boot, click
    here.

Note:
    Reset the computer back to
    Normal Mode
    once you are done with the troubleshooting by following the section
    "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"
    from the same article.

After performing these
    methods of troubleshooting
    and still the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    computer/laptop manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jan 14, 2022
Thema:

1. Win11 SFC cannot repair msimsg.dll.mui - Similar Threads - Win11 SFC cannot

2. .dll and .mui temporary files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .dll and .mui temporary files: McAfee Tracker Remover cannot remove .dll and .mui temporary files. How can these be deleted? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dll-and-mui-temporary-files/29df5d89-a82a-4d42-b47a-bcdb4c775e13
  3. .dll and .mui temporary files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .dll and .mui temporary files: McAfee Tracker Remover cannot remove .dll and .mui temporary files. How can these be deleted? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dll-and-mui-temporary-files/29df5d89-a82a-4d42-b47a-bcdb4c775e13
  4. .dll and .mui temporary files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Win11 SFC cannot repair msimsg.dll.mui

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 SFC cannot repair msimsg.dll.mui: I'm on a Win 11 machine, it was clean installed a few weeks ago. I ran the sfc function after games crash, and apparently my msimsg.dll.mui is corrupted, and it cannot be repaired for some reason. Here're the failed messages from my logs:2022-01-14 10:01:27, Info CSI 000000c3...
  6. SFC cannot repair some files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SFC cannot repair some files: My pc has been freezing on and off not that much and decided to do a sfc scan and it comes up with repaired some but some it couldn't. Windows 1909 Attached is the CBS file, thanks 150849
  7. SFC cannot repair some files

in Windows 10 Support
    SFC cannot repair some files: My pc has been freezing on and off not that much and decided to do a sfc scan and it comes up with repaired some but some it couldn't. Windows 1909 Attached is the CBS file, thanks 150849
  8. SFC/SCANNOW cannot start the repair action

SFC/SCANNOW cannot start the repair action: In the post Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14291 for PC and Mobile there is some code to address this issue. I ran the script, but get an error "file wrpint.dll not found". I searched and found it in windows/WinSxS/......... It is found in many subfolders. The...
  9. sfc/scannow cannot repair

sfc/scannow cannot repair: I'm experiencing an issue with a corrupt file "close.png". It's not causing any issues with my daily activities, that I'm aware of, but while attempting to fix another issue relating to message "updater crashed" I keep running into this file saying unfixable. I've ran...
  10. SFC cannot repair all files?

SFC cannot repair all files?: I upgraded a Win 7 Pro 64 bit PC to Win 10. I then ran SFC /scannow from both a boot prompt and an elevated command prompt. Three files cannot be repaired. Opencl.dll winhlp32.exe.mui Winhlp32.exe I believe I read that the opencl.dll error is normal. I assume the...