Windows 10: Win11 - shutdown /p does not work

Discus and support Win11 - shutdown /p does not work in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi There,I've just realized that on Win11 when I perform shutdown /p does not work. On Win10 I used to go to "start" and then type "shutdown /p".In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by VALE, Nov 5, 2021.

1. VALE Win User

Win11 - shutdown /p does not work

Hi There,I've just realized that on Win11 when I perform shutdown /p does not work. On Win10 I used to go to "start" and then type "shutdown /p".In Win11I'm able to see the run command prompting but once I click on it, the computer does not shut down itself.Any advice?Thank you.

:)

VALE, Nov 5, 2021
  2. Thagstrom Win User

How can I force "shutdown /p" if regular shutdown hangs?

Hello! I am an Independent Advisor, I would love to help you out!

You could try this command:

shutdown /s /p /t 60

What this does is issue the shutdown command

/s states it is for a shutdown

/p states that no time-out or warning message will appear

/t 60 is what makes it wait 60 seconds before issuing the shutdown command

The only thing I am not 100% sure will work is the /p being there. I think it will, but if the command I gave you doesn't work then try removing the /p and see if it works then.

Thagstrom, Nov 5, 2021
  3. Shutdown problem on my Windows 10 laptop.

Hello,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issues with the shutdown function of your laptop:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar beside the Windows icon.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Under System and Security, select Fix Problems with Windows Update.
    • Choose Troubleshoot as an Administrator.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Nov 5, 2021
  4. Thagstrom Win User

How can I force "shutdown /p" if regular shutdown hangs?

You are correct.

If you use the command without /p does it work? Is there a specific reason you are trying to use /p?

shutdown /s /t 60

Thagstrom, Nov 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Win11 - shutdown /p does not work - Similar Threads - Win11 shutdown does

2. WOL does not work in only shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WOL does not work in only shutdown: HelloI have a strange problem, on Windows 10,WOL not working only in shutdown the lan led work fine ,every time I send wol packets from mobile app or win7 from other pc, lan led flashes this means that the packets are sent correctly also "In sleep mode wol works fine".I read...
  3. WOL does not work in only shutdown

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WOL does not work in only shutdown: HelloI have a strange problem, on Windows 10,WOL not working only in shutdown the lan led work fine ,every time I send wol packets from mobile app or win7 from other pc, lan led flashes this means that the packets are sent correctly also "In sleep mode wol works fine".I read...
  4. Win11 - shutdown /p does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 - shutdown /p does not work: Hi There,I've just realized that on Win11 when I perform shutdown /p does not work. On Win10 I used to go to "start" and then type "shutdown /p".In Win11I'm able to see the run command prompting but once I click on it, the computer does not shut down itself.Any advice?Thank...
  5. My lower p key does not work, BUT in Caps P works? On my MSI Laptop Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My lower p key does not work, BUT in Caps P works? On my MSI Laptop Windows 10.: My lower case p key does not work. But when I turn Caps on the P works. What gives? I blew out and cleaned the keyboard, with no luck. Any ideas? submitted by /u/TheBYOBShow [link] [comments]...
  6. Windows+P is not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows+P is not working: i have a laptop with a broken screen and i bought a monitor but windows+P doent seem to work submitted by /u/Few_Entertainment_56 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hdfwzv/windowsp_is_not_working/
  7. Ctrl+P is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ctrl+P is not working: Ctrl+P is not working. Other shortcuts are working fine, Ctrl+V, Ctrl+C, Ctrl+A. But Ctrl+P isn't working. It is not a particular application, it is not working in any application. Had the sticky keys off too, so no issue with the sticky keys. Tried uninstalling the drivers...
  8. How can I force "shutdown /p" if regular shutdown hangs?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How can I force "shutdown /p" if regular shutdown hangs?: Basically what's on the title, if a regular shutdown leads to the system hanging for a long time during the process, is there any way I can automatically dispatch a `shutdown /p` command? I've tried it using a timer in a Powershell script, set as the shutdown script in...
  9. PC Shutdown script does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Shutdown script does not work: Hi, I was used to run a script "at 20:30 shutdown -s" in Run.exe to shutdown my laptop at specific time in Windows 7, but in W10, it does not work. I tried to run this script in cmd.exe as administrator, but it does not work eather, because in W10 is not possible to give...
  10. Difference between shutdown /p and shutdown /s ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Difference between shutdown /p and shutdown /s ?: Hello, I followed Brink's tutorial here: Shut Down Computer in Windows 10 And I saw that there are 2 ways to fully shutdown Windows through cmd: /s and /p. What is the difference between these 2, if both of them are said to perform a full shutdown? Thanks 39792