Windows 10: Win11 taskbar icons and right click menu can't display after hibernate

Discus and support Win11 taskbar icons and right click menu can't display after hibernate in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Win11 with latest update. After wakeup from hibernate, some of icons on Taskbar and Tasktray don't shown, but they do at there actually and fuctioning... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Windows Category - All, Jun 7, 2023.

1. Win11 taskbar icons and right click menu can't display after hibernate

Win11 with latest update. After wakeup from hibernate, some of icons on Taskbar and Tasktray don't shown, but they do at there actually and fuctioning when clicking them. This does not just hapened on one of my PCs. On another PC, even the right click menu shows blank. I have to restart explorer.exe fom Task Manager after every wakeup from hibernate. Tried everything I could do, none helps. Press Ctrl+Shift+Win+B to reload desktop has no help neither. This only hapens on newly updates, but I can't tell whick exactly update caused this.

:)

Windows Category - All, Jun 7, 2023
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Naki, Jun 7, 2023
  3. Taskbar Only Works on Secondary Display (Win11)

Greetings,

Since plugging my Eluktronics MAX-17 with Win11 Home into my television via HDMI, my main Primary laptop display's Taskbar is blank, black, unclickable and off to the lefthand side. However on external monitors it shows clearly the correct way. I've tried flipping Taskbar settings around in various ways but nothing corrects it.

TLDR: I've tried the many troubleshooting steps available online, see below for a list.

BACKGROUND:

• No new software or driver updates involved:
      • I merely linked my W11 Eluktronics MAX-17 laptop to my TV via HDMI, and since it accepted the external display my Taskbar went off to the left side of my primary display, and became bereft of all app icons.
      • The overflow section still appears to have some app icons in it, but barely just.
    • Clicking on the blank Taskbar does nothing. Right-Clicking also does nothing.
      • However, the real Taskbar will show only on an extended display, not on the primary, if I connect one:
      • If I have the external connected, I can switch my secondary to primary and it *looks* like it's fixed, but that obviously goes back to normal once unplugged and my primary becomes the de-facto primary again.
    STEPS TRIED:

• Chose all alternate options under actual Taskbar settings by enabling/disabling Taskbar on all monitors, etc., reducing resolution, simple troubleshooting.
      • Note there seems to be less control over Taskbar behavior in W11.
    • Restarted the Windows Explorer service, and related processes:
    ShellExperienceHost.exe (couldn't find this one)

SearchIndexer.exe

SearchHost.exe

RuntimeBroker.exe

• Used CMD >> reg delete HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\IrisService /f && shutdown -r -t 0
    • Used CMD >> DISM ScanHealth and RestoreHealth (no corruption detected)
    • sfc /scannow
    • Reinstalled the UWP using PowerShell: Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$ ($ _. InstallLocation) \ AppXManifest.xml”}
    • Modified Registry: EnableXamlStartMenu under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced - (set to 0)
    • Deleted icon appcache under Users...Local
    • Turned off Fast Startup
    Going bonkers. I will try other external displays next, and maybe try my work USB display hub and see if anything changes. I feel like I tripped some weird bug.

MatthewSiers, Jun 7, 2023
  4. Win11 taskbar icons and right click menu can't display after hibernate

Desktop Shutdown and Standby/Hibernate Icons

I discovered some time ago a simple means of adding two desktop icons to cover Shutdown and Standby/Hibernate. I now use these icons all the time as it avoids using the Start procedure, which I never use at all unless I wish to Restart immediately after shutdown. Even then, I tend to use my desktop icons. Just close the browser, click the desktop icon and it is done.

On your desktop, right click the free space, then click new shortcut, you get a Wizard, copy/paste the command for the location type from one of the below commands (in this case, %windir%\System32\rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState ). Then click Next. You are asked to give it a title - Standby, Hibernate or Shutdown, I suggest using "Standby/Hibernate", click Finish.

Shutdown: %windir%\System32\shutdown.exe -s
    Reboot: %windir%\System32\shutdown.exe -r
    Logoff: %windir%\System32\shutdown.exe -l
    Standby: %windir%\System32\rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState
    Hibernate: %windir%\System32\rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState Hibernate
    I have listed Hibernate for reference only, as the Hibernate desktop icon does not work for systems reasons, Hibernate can only be achieved by manually using the Power Options properties panel.

Use CNTRL+C to copy and CNTRL+V to paste.

Hibernate is automatic if the Hibernate box is checked in the Power Options properties panel. If the box is not checked, then Standby is automatic. You have to select this box to give you the option you want.

Standby is more convenient if you are using the PC constantly, it is a quicker recovery, but has a power trickle. For long periods of absence, use Hibernate, it is much slower in recovering, but effectively shuts your computer down.

The Power options panel is found by Control Panel>Power Options>Hibernate.

The two desktop icons created can be changed by Right clicking the icon then Properties>Change icon>Browse>Windows 32>shell32dll>select icon>OK>Apply>OK
    You now have two brand new icons on your desktop for Shutdown and Standby/Hibernate. It works a treat.

My icons are :-

Win11 taskbar icons and right click menu can't display after hibernate Desktopicons-1.png

Bald Eagle, Jun 7, 2023
Thema:

Win11 taskbar icons and right click menu can't display after hibernate

1. Win11 taskbar icons and right click menu can't display after hibernate - Similar Threads - Win11 taskbar icons

2. Taskbar icons disappear, can't right click on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar icons disappear, can't right click on desktop: Hi,I've upgrade one of our employee's computer from win 10 to win 11 last week. At first, everything worked fine but after a few days, all the taskbar icons are gone. The system tray icons still working, the taskbar line still there too, but the icons include window icon all...
  3. Taskbar icons disappear, can't right click on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar icons disappear, can't right click on desktop: Hi,I've upgrade one of our employee's computer from win 10 to win 11 last week. At first, everything worked fine but after a few days, all the taskbar icons are gone. The system tray icons still working, the taskbar line still there too, but the icons include window icon all...
  4. Win11 taskbar icons and right click menu can't display after hibernate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 taskbar icons and right click menu can't display after hibernate: Win11 with latest update. After wakeup from hibernate, some of icons on Taskbar and Tasktray don't shown, but they do at there actually and fuctioning when clicking them. This does not just hapened on one of my PCs. On another PC, even the right click menu shows blank. I have...
  5. Right click menu doesn't show up in taskbar icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click menu doesn't show up in taskbar icon: Hey. So basically, I can't view the right click menu that pops up whenever you right click on a taskbar icon I can on the desktop and file explorer though. I don't know if this is related but I recently updated my Windows too....
  6. Right-click menu doesn't come up for taskbar icons ... ???

in Windows 10 Support
    Right-click menu doesn't come up for taskbar icons ... ???: Seems like in Windows 10 with the latest cumulative updates (as of 9/14/19 yesterday), I can't right-click on my taskbar icons and have the right-click menu come up (the one that allows for the pinning or unpinning of icons). I uninstalled the updates, and this functionality...
  7. Can't right-click taskbar icons or left-click notification area icons

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't right-click taskbar icons or left-click notification area icons: I have a Surface Laptop 1st gen. Backstory: my keyboard and touchpad stopped working, and to fix that I had to install the driver/firmware package provided by Microsoft for the Surface laptop. Now my keyboard and touchpad work, but I'm having this other strange problem. I...
  8. Right Click Taskbar Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right Click Taskbar Menu: Not sure if possible but can you add to this menu? 27413
  9. Taskbar: Can't right click app icons & can't left click system icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar: Can't right click app icons & can't left click system icons: Hi, After doing a lot of tweaking, I've came across a very weird problem at taskbar. When I right click pinned apps on taskbar nothing happens. But left click works. When I left click system icons like volume and network, nothing happens. But right click works....
  10. Can't right click taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't right click taskbar icons: I can't right click taskbar apps, left click works as it should but not the right click. Also left clicking start button won't open start menu, right click works on this one as it works on other system icons (volume, network, clock and notification) but not the left click....