Windows 10: Win11 WiFi password apostrophe / double-quote issues?

Discus and support Win11 WiFi password apostrophe / double-quote issues? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently tried connecting my Win11 laptop to a WiFi network, but was having issues. I kept getting a "Cannot connect to this network" error, despite... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BUL2294, Nov 24, 2022.

1. BUL2294 Win User

Win11 WiFi password apostrophe / double-quote issues?

I recently tried connecting my Win11 laptop to a WiFi network, but was having issues. I kept getting a "Cannot connect to this network" error, despite knowing the WiFi password. I had no problems connecting the same laptop when it was running Win10 e.g. same drivers & hardware, but with Win11 it wouldn't connect.This WiFi network password has an apostrophe character. Whenever I typed the password into the WiFi password prompt, it kept failing. However, when I typed the password into Notepad++ then pasted it into password prompt, it connected properly.When pressing the ' key in the Wi

:)

BUL2294, Nov 24, 2022

2. keyboard issue with apostrophe

That's a tough one, seeing how thorough you were . . .

Questions to the OP:

Frederik Long, Nov 24, 2022
  3. keyboard issue with apostrophe

Those two items when considered together would point to a defective keyboard. However, your initial tests speak against this.

Here is what I would do next:

• Create a new account and check if the issue persists under that account.
    • Press Shift+Restart to boot the machine into Repair Mode. Open a Command Prompt and check if the problem persists.

4. Win11 WiFi password apostrophe / double-quote issues?

keyboard issue with apostrophe

This contradicts a number of previous reports, e.g. the osk.exe report. It told you exactly where Windows expects the apostrophe key.

Thema:

Win11 WiFi password apostrophe / double-quote issues?

1. Win11 WiFi password apostrophe / double-quote issues? - Similar Threads - Win11 WiFi password

2. CERTUTIL doesn't seem to handle double-quotes in a password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CERTUTIL doesn't seem to handle double-quotes in a password: I'm having an issue with CERTUTIL. I can't find a way to escape the double-quote character. I have a PFX file with the password 'Pass"word' no single-quotes. The following command produces this output:C:\Logs>CERTUTIL -f -p Pass"word -importpfx 1.pfxEntry 0:[edited]Entry...
  3. CERTUTIL doesn't seem to handle double-quotes in a password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CERTUTIL doesn't seem to handle double-quotes in a password: I'm having an issue with CERTUTIL. I can't find a way to escape the double-quote character. I have a PFX file with the password 'Pass"word' no single-quotes. The following command produces this output:C:\Logs>CERTUTIL -f -p Pass"word -importpfx 1.pfxEntry 0:[edited]Entry...
  4. CERTUTIL doesn't seem to handle double-quotes in a password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Win11 WiFi password apostrophe / double-quote issues?

Win11 WiFi password apostrophe / double-quote issues?: I recently tried connecting my Win11 laptop to a WiFi network, but was having issues. I kept getting a "Cannot connect to this network" error, despite knowing the WiFi password. I had no problems connecting the same laptop when it was running Win10 e.g. same drivers &...
  6. Apostrophes and double quotes don't show up until I type the next letter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apostrophes and double quotes don't show up until I type the next letter: I am using Windows 10 version 21H2 Build 19044.1645, I am living in Australia and my computer has a US keyboard.I had this problem in the past and fixed it but the problem has returned. Previously in Settings > Language, I clicked on "English Australia" selected "Options",...
  7. Apostrophes and double quotes don't show up until I type the next letter

Apostrophes and double quotes don't show up until I type the next letter: I am using Windows 10 version 21H2 Build 19044.1645, I am living in Australia and my computer has a US keyboard.I had this problem in the past and fixed it but the problem has returned. Previously in Settings > Language, I clicked on "English Australia" selected "Options",...
  8. Apostrophes and double quotes don't show up until I type the next letter

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Need to press quotes and double quotes twice in Windows 10

Need to press quotes and double quotes twice in Windows 10: This problem has been reported many times with previous versions of Windows - and the fix has always been to change the keyboard from US International to US Standard. Brief description of the problem for those not familiar: Pressing a quote - or double quote - does not...
  10. Apostrophes and double quotes don't show up until I type the next letter

Apostrophes and double quotes don't show up until I type the next letter: Solution: For Windows 10, the fix from control panel did not work. I have to use "Settings" -> "Region & Language". Then, selecting on the language -- in my case, EN(UK) -- gave me the options button to go to "Language Options" where Keyboards can be changed; in my case, add...