Windows 10: Win11: With a Notepad shortcut on the taskbar, How to pin a text file TO that Notepad...

Discus and support Win11: With a Notepad shortcut on the taskbar, How to pin a text file TO that Notepad... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This is on Windows 11 Pro.As I did with Windows 10, I'd like to have a shortcut to Notepad on my taskbar.TO that Notepad shortcut, I'd like to pin a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MSaintH, Jan 31, 2022.

1. MSaintH Win User

Win11: With a Notepad shortcut on the taskbar, How to pin a text file TO that Notepad...

This is on Windows 11 Pro.As I did with Windows 10, I'd like to have a shortcut to Notepad on my taskbar.TO that Notepad shortcut, I'd like to pin a text file, as a Jump List, I think.A single left click gets you Notepad. A right click lets you choose the text file.It's easy enough to create a shortcut to Notepad and/or to the Text File, but I'm trying to avoid side-by-side shortcuts. I really want just the one "multi-function" shortcut that Windows 10 automatically created. I assume that this can be done, but I just can't figure it out in Windows 11.

:)

MSaintH, Jan 31, 2022

2. Pinning a Notepad file to taskbar.

This is no longer possible, but there is a small different due to a feature called Jumplist. If you keep the Notepad shortcut pinned to the Taskbar, you should be able to access the frequently accessed file from the Notepad jump list. Just right click
    Notepad and you should see the file, you can pin it within the list so its always available.

Andre Da Costa, Jan 31, 2022
  3. Pinning a Notepad file to taskbar.

I was a Vista Ultimate user for a long time. My computer crashed. It has been three years and now I got my computer repaired with Windows 10. I loved my Vista because I am a researcher that is constantly dancing back-n-forth between docs, internet, notepads
    and PDFs. My system was that I was able in Vista to have one particular Notepad file show up automatically in my Taskbar. I access this file constantly throughout the day. I hate apps.
    How do I pin my specific Notepad file to the taskbar? Because everyday, I have to run through a whole bunch of steps to go to items I use everyday. In Vista, I skipped all that because they appeared automatically
    in the taskbar. In the "Start program" Vista automatically opened all the stuff I used throughout the day. My computer was set up for work when I turned it on. How can I get back to the system that worked for me? I hate the Windows 10 app for notepad. I am
    using the Windows 8 notepad that looks like my old Vista Notepad.

Wheelerplatsis, Jan 31, 2022
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Win11: With a Notepad shortcut on the taskbar, How to pin a text file TO that Notepad...

how do you add the notepad desktop app to the taskbar

Hi Erica, go to where you normally start Notepad from, right click that shortcut and choose 'Pin to Taskbar'

Or, click your Start Button, type notepad. The in the resulting list, right click Notepad and choose 'Pin to Start'

That's It!

DaveM121, Jan 31, 2022
Thema:

1. Win11: With a Notepad shortcut on the taskbar, How to pin a text file TO that Notepad... - Similar Threads - Win11 Notepad shortcut

2. Retrieving notepad text file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Retrieving notepad text file: how can I retrieve my text file at note pad?* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retrieving-notepad-text-file/9577e673-5811-4a8a-b42a-6ceb8ac0870e
  3. Corrupted Notepad++ text file.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupted Notepad++ text file.: One of my long standing Notepad++ text files is corrupted when I try to open it. It just has a bunch of NULLs.There doesn't appear to be a backup version within the Notepad++ backup directory.I do have a backup version from last year.How can I fix this corrupt file?...
  4. Win11: With a Notepad shortcut on the taskbar, How to pin a text file TO that Notepad...

Win11: With a Notepad shortcut on the taskbar, How to pin a text file TO that Notepad...: This is on Windows 11 Pro.As I did with Windows 10, I'd like to have a shortcut to Notepad on my taskbar.TO that Notepad shortcut, I'd like to pin a text file, as a Jump List, I think.A single left click gets you Notepad. A right click lets you choose the text file.It's easy...
  5. How to pin specific notepad file to notepad quick access on taskbar?

How to pin specific notepad file to notepad quick access on taskbar?: How to pin notepad file to notepad on taskbar? When I pin notepad app to task bar I'm not able to pin specific files to notepad on task bar by right mouse button but I was able to do it before last windows reinstallation. I still can do it with any other app....
  6. How to pin specific notepad file to notepad quick access on taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to pin specific notepad file to notepad quick access on taskbar?: How to pin notepad file to notepad on taskbar? When I pin notepad app to task bar I'm not able to pin specific files to notepad on task bar by right mouse button but I was able to do it before last windows reinstallation. I still can do it with any other app....
  7. How to pin specific notepad file to notepad quick access on taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. How to pin notepad file to notepad on taskbar?

How to pin notepad file to notepad on taskbar?: How to pin notepad file to notepad on taskbar? When I pin notepad app to task bad I was able to add files to it by right mouse button but not after last windows reinstallation. I still can do it with any other app....
  9. How to pin notepad file to notepad on taskbar?

How to pin notepad file to notepad on taskbar?: How to pin notepad file to notepad on taskbar? When I pin notepad app to task bad I was able to add files to it by right mouse button but not after last windows reinstallation. I still can do it with any other app....
  10. NotePad Recent-Files ShortCut.

NotePad Recent-Files ShortCut.: Is there a way for me to re-enable my NotePad’s recent-files shortcut?Once upon a time I pinned NotePad to my TaskBar, and – when I would right-click on it – a list of some of my most recent NotePad files would show up, and the files on that list could be pinned right there...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win11 cant pin notepad files