Windows 10: [Win32 API] Resizing a borderless window?

Discus and support [Win32 API] Resizing a borderless window? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was trying to implement a borderless window that can be scaled by handling WM_NCHITTEST message. This works now, but whenever I put another window in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Windows Category - All, Aug 13, 2020.

1. [Win32 API] Resizing a borderless window?

I was trying to implement a borderless window that can be scaled by handling WM_NCHITTEST message. This works now, but whenever I put another window in front, this "borderless" window gets a thick white border. The window style includes WS_THICKFRAME, which is required to make window resizable, and when the window is upfront does not impose any issues. Without WS_THICKFRAME, borderless windows will not get that white border when in the background, but I cannot do the resizing either.

This white border is acceptable if the window is actually a rectangle, but it makes sense to and I was trying to use DwmEnableBlurBehind and make parts of the window transparent. It also makes sense to use SetWindowRgn to make the mouse able to pass through the window if transparent to select something behind the window. When combined, the white border loses its straight outline and turn into something like paint stain which is not acceptable.

Screenshots:

Opaque In Front:

https://forum.nepfan.club/assets/files/2020-08-13/1597297619-251674-normal-noborder.png

Opaque In Back:

https://forum.nepfan.club/assets/files/2020-08-13/1597297658-879297-normal-border.png

Transparent In Front

https://forum.nepfan.club/assets/files/2020-08-13/1597297685-779274-transparent-noborder.png

Transparent In Back

https://forum.nepfan.club/assets/files/2020-08-13/1597297707-526121-transparent-border.png

Region with transparent

https://forum.nepfan.club/assets/files/2020-08-13/1597297867-838043-region-border.png

Cursor selection prtscr did not record the position of cursor, it's at the lens button

https://forum.nepfan.club/assets/files/2020-08-13/1597297755-976067-2020-08-13.png

:)

Windows Category - All, Aug 13, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Microsoft filling in divide between Win32 apps and new Windows APIs

Read more: Identity, Registration and Activation of Non-packaged Win32 Apps - Windows Developer Blog

Brink, Aug 13, 2020
  3. John Vil Win User
    moving and resizing

Hi Bob,

There may be several reasons why you are unable to resize or move applications after installing an update. To better assist you with your concern, we would like you to answer the questions below:

• Does it happen only on one application?
    • Which application are you having issues resizing or moving?

In the meantime, we suggest you to run the Windows 10 troubleshooter. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Windows Store apps troubleshooter
    Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Aug 13, 2020
  4. [Win32 API] Resizing a borderless window?

WMPlayer win32 error

List the EXACT "blah, blah" you mention, here please... for ALL installation cases!

(Sound like a possible "DLL-Hell" issue, but "Windows File Protection" &/or "System File Protection" should have countered for this... no biggie, there's ways around that too!)

*Smile [Win32 API] Resizing a borderless window? :)

* I have to 'step-out' now, but imo, this is the track to pursue here, & we will when I get back... so, please list that data I request!

APK

Alec§taar, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

[Win32 API] Resizing a borderless window?

1. [Win32 API] Resizing a borderless window? - Similar Threads - Win32 API Resizing

2. How to get the latest DPI of System with win32 API.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get the latest DPI of System with win32 API.: Hi I went through the documentation for GetDeviceCaps;In my C++ application , for which DPI_AWARENESS is per monitor, I want to get the latest DPI.Let us say, I launch my application, that time System DPI was 96, post that I modified system dpi to 120.GetDeviceCapsGetDC ,...
  3. How to get the latest DPI of System with win32 API.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get the latest DPI of System with win32 API.: Hi I went through the documentation for GetDeviceCaps;In my C++ application , for which DPI_AWARENESS is per monitor, I want to get the latest DPI.Let us say, I launch my application, that time System DPI was 96, post that I modified system dpi to 120.GetDeviceCapsGetDC ,...
  4. How to get the latest DPI of System with win32 API.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Not able to turn on/off bluetooth radio setting using Win32 API Bluetoothapis.h

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to turn on/off bluetooth radio setting using Win32 API Bluetoothapis.h: I need to turn ON/OFF the Bluetooth radio in Windows 10 settings. I tried the Win32 API - Bluetoothapis.h API in which,BluetoothGetRadioInfo function => Returns my bluetooth radio name and I could not find any set method there. BluetoothSetServiceState function => Returns...
  6. Microsoft Making Win32 APIs More Accessible to More Languages

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Making Win32 APIs More Accessible to More Languages: Introduction Win32 APIs provide powerful functionality that let you get the most out of Windows in your applications. While these APIs are readily accessible to C and C++ developers, other languages like C# and Rust require wrappers or bindings in order to access these APIs....
  7. Borderless PRINTING

Borderless PRINTING: Greetings, As part of her job my wife needs to print out 1 page of information via a LibreOffice Calc spreadsheet. The thing is she has to stuff a lot of info on that one page and the text gets really small. It would be nice if she could eat into the page margins and use...
  8. Borderless printing

Borderless printing: I ca no longer print borderless - with Windows Photos or any other software Photoscape or PhotoShop - after upgrading to Windows 10. Everything worked fine in Windows 7. I select borderless printing in the printer controls, but all apps override it. VERY FRUSTRATING!!...
  9. Can Windows Defender detect external win32/kernel api calls?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can Windows Defender detect external win32/kernel api calls?: There's a lot of win32/kernel based keyloggers on the internet. Can Windows Defender detect when a simple application calls key stroke related win32/kernel functions?...
  10. Microsoft filling in divide between Win32 apps and new Windows APIs

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft filling in divide between Win32 apps and new Windows APIs: Many new and sought-after Windows APIs and features such as BackgroundTasks, Notifications, LiveTiles, Share and more, are either not available or not easily callable from non-packaged Win32 applications. This is due to the programming model for UWP APIs that integrate with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. borderless Api win32