Windows 10: Win32 Applications exiting out of full screen shows basic theme

Discus and support Win32 Applications exiting out of full screen shows basic theme in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I've noticed in Microsoft edge I exited out of full screen and for a split second I see a windows 7 basic theme it happens with Minecraft java... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ChristianNorth, Nov 21, 2021.

1. Win32 Applications exiting out of full screen shows basic theme

Hello, I've noticed in Microsoft edge I exited out of full screen and for a split second I see a windows 7 basic theme it happens with Minecraft java and some other applications. Is this normal or something wrong with my drivers.

:)

ChristianNorth, Nov 21, 2021
  2. perdrix Win User

x is not a valid Win32 Application

I'd like to understand why Win XP reports something is not a valid Win32 application.

Relevance to W10 - the application is built on W10 using VS2017. I thought I had taken appropriate care to not use APIs that aren't available in Win XP. But when it's installed on Win XP SP3 windows gives me a nastygram saying it's not a valid Win32 application.

So what steps should I follow to determine why this is happening?

I came here 'cos I believe that there are people here who know this stuff.

Thanks
    David

perdrix, Nov 21, 2021
  3. dgard Win User
    Black screen after exiting games

Hi all,

Ever since I installed the Windows 10 Anniversary edition update a few weeks ago, I've been having a weird display issue.

Every time I finishing playing a game, upon exiting back to Windows my desktop is completely black. After some trial and error I've found that disconnecting the HDMI cable from my monitor for a couple of seconds and then plugging it back in results in the correct display.

I've done some Googling and it's been suggested that Windows may be showing me a "ghost display"; that is, a display that it thinks exists, but actually doesn't.

However, I don't believe that is my issue, as in advanced Display Settings, no second monitor is displayed, and one is not detected when I click "Detect". In addition, the Intel HD Graphics application does not show/detect any non-existent device.

It was also suggested that my D-Sub connector may be faulty and thinking that there is a second display when there is not, but connecting a second screen via that port and then playing/exiting a game results in the same issue.

I'm currently at a loss as to what the issue could be, so if anyone has any hints/tips as to what my next steps should be (or, of course, the answer), I'd be grateful for your assistance.

Thanks,
    David

dgard, Nov 21, 2021
  4. Win32 Applications exiting out of full screen shows basic theme

Win-10 themes keep changing

Hi,

Thank you for providing the information.

• Did you try the steps suggested by Suvarna Govinda above, what was the result?
    As I understand the issue, Themes in Windows doesn't have the options to change on its own. Only the Wallpapers in the themes can change as selected ( Picture, Solid color and Slide Show ).

I would suggest you to make us understand that if the Wallpapers are changing in Theme which you have selected.

Below are the steps you can check if it helps.

• Press Windows + I keys and select Personalization.
    • Select Theme and select the Default theme.
    • Select the Desktop Background below and select the Picture
      and save it and check.
    Please post us back if the issue resolves. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 21, 2021
Thema:

Win32 Applications exiting out of full screen shows basic theme

1. Win32 Applications exiting out of full screen shows basic theme - Similar Threads - Win32 Applications exiting

2. HDR monitor low brightness after exiting full screen SDR application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDR monitor low brightness after exiting full screen SDR application: Good day all, Context:I have 3 identical monitors running in "Extended display" mode that support HDR. "Use HDR" is turned on in Windows Display Settings, and "SDR content brightness" is set to 55.Issue:When I launch an application in full screen that doesn't support HDR thus...
  3. HDR monitor low brightness after exiting full screen SDR application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDR monitor low brightness after exiting full screen SDR application: Good day all, Context:I have 3 identical monitors running in "Extended display" mode that support HDR. "Use HDR" is turned on in Windows Display Settings, and "SDR content brightness" is set to 55.Issue:When I launch an application in full screen that doesn't support HDR thus...
  4. Screen shows not full

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen shows not full: All I can see is blank in some portion of my screen. When you try to put the pointer in the section where its blank it will disappear. It does shows perfect when you boot the PC but not on desktop. Help me....
  5. Screen shows not full

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen shows not full: All I can see is blank in some portion of my screen. When you try to put the pointer in the section where its blank it will disappear. It does shows perfect when you boot the PC but not on desktop. Help me....
  6. Win32 Applications exiting out of full screen shows basic theme

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win32 Applications exiting out of full screen shows basic theme: Hello, I've noticed in Microsoft edge I exited out of full screen and for a split second I see a windows 7 basic theme it happens with Minecraft java and some other applications. Is this normal or something wrong with my drivers....
  7. Gaming and Full Screen Applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming and Full Screen Applications: Hi, when I open an application such as a game doesn't matter what game it opens the game but it takes me to my desktop. After this, I have to repeatedly click the application on the taskbar for me to play. This also happens every time I exit via alt-tab. Also when I...
  8. Windows Basic Theme Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Basic Theme Files: I notice wherever there are queries about Windows themes that people get referred to the themes folders as in C:Windows\resources\Themes or C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Themes. I need to find the main Windows theme which I cannot see in there - only...
  9. Computer freezes when exiting full screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer freezes when exiting full screen: Hi. So recently i just bought my first desktop pc. Everything was perfect until i found something strange. Whenever i exit a full screen game(like when pressing continue on the end screen of league of legends, or exit game on any other game) my pc freezes. Audio is still...
  10. show full screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    show full screen: How do I get Windows 10 - to show in the full screen of my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/show-full-screen/46a08458-d238-489c-a0e3-e2153e3860ac