Windows 10: Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore caught by Windows Defender

Discus and support Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore caught by Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Just saw this show up on our virus report on one system and one critical server. Microsoft info on it is non-existent and only 5 days old, however.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ChNew, Aug 8, 2019.

1. ChNew Win User

Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore caught by Windows Defender

Just saw this show up on our virus report on one system and one critical server. Microsoft info on it is non-existent and only 5 days old, however.

Anyone else see this? Is it just a false positive from turning AV off temporarily at some point in the past? Thanks in advance!

:)

ChNew, Aug 8, 2019

2. Removal of win32/mxslaw, Tiggre!rfn and Eggaurd!bit

Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore caught by Windows Defender 3d67dcb1-2a4c-4b25-9d28-99d0cc4750a6?upload=true.jpg

Above is the windows defender virus removal summary. Always after little time of startup, defender shows threat. And, the threat is one/all of following-

win32/mxslaw, win32/Tiggre!rfn and win32/Eggaurd!bit

i remove them everytime but they appear again.

I have scanned by Microsoft saftey scanner, Hitman Pro also. ethier they were not caught or if caught and removed, they appear again on startup and defender detect it.

How to permanently remove them?

Do they harm my PC?

* Moved from Windows 10/Security

Ravikash_Maurya, Aug 8, 2019
  3. WMPlayer win32 error

List the EXACT "blah, blah" you mention, here please... for ALL installation cases!

(Sound like a possible "DLL-Hell" issue, but "Windows File Protection" &/or "System File Protection" should have countered for this... no biggie, there's ways around that too!)

*Smile Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore caught by Windows Defender :)

* I have to 'step-out' now, but imo, this is the track to pursue here, & we will when I get back... so, please list that data I request!

APK

Alec§taar, Aug 8, 2019
  4. Le Boule Win User

After Full Scan with windows defender i got problem to remove Trojan:win32/Dynamer!ac

Trojan:Win32/Dynamer!ac threat description - Microsoft Security Intelligence

If Windows Defender will not alleviate this problem, recommend you follow the suggestions in this free multi-step removal guide from Malwaretips.com. The removal tools/procedures are free. Remove Trojan:Win32/Dynamer!ac malware (Virus Removal Guide)

But…

If none of the other tools listed in the Malwaretips guide identify any malware, you are using an HP laptop and the alleged malware detection by Windows Defender is listed as
    being in the “D” Drive on the laptop then you may be seeing a “false positive” detection. Should you determine you are probably seeing a "false detection"
    suggest you post back in this thread with further information.

Good luck…

Le Boule, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore caught by Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Win32 DefenderTamperingRestore caught

2. Windows Defender can't delete Virus Win32/Uwamson.A!ml

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender can't delete Virus Win32/Uwamson.A!ml: Hello Microsoft Community, I've got a virus Win32/Uwamson.A!ml Windows Antivirus Defender blocked it and when I click on "Clear journal" starts endless process of deleting this virus How to delete it forever? Thank you....
  3. virus win32

virus win32: buenos dias antes de todo mis mas sinceros saludos. bueno hace ya casi 5 dias mi ordenador fue infectado con el virus win32 y me es impossible ya sea meter un pendrive que no lo infecte, y es imposible de borrar he buscado en internet como hacer frente a este virus pero...
  4. Win32/MicTrayDebugger - very late detection by Defender

Win32/MicTrayDebugger - very late detection by Defender: Before reading this please note that I regularly update Windows defender and do full sweeps about every 6 months but it does an automated sweep regularly as well. From Microsoft via Defender (NB Dates back to 2017 and it seems that this issue was known about April 2017):...
  5. win32/wajagen.A

win32/wajagen.A: I'm not sure what's going on with this but my windows defender notification flashed up about every fifteen to twenty seconds saying this threat has been detected. I've clicked remove a zillion times and it keeps popping up. I've also fun a full scan as well as an offline...
  6. Win32/Starter.r

Win32/Starter.r: Hi, I have Defender running and each time I start my PC it detects a virus Win32/Starter.r, I can clean the virus but it always comes back. How do I remove?...
  7. Win32/Obrypser

Win32/Obrypser: I just did the Microsoft Safety Scanner and I have discovered I have 'BrowerModifier:Win32/Obrypser'. It has been partially removed. How do I get rid of this fully? Thank you for your help....
  8. Win32/bedefco.A

Win32/bedefco.A: Even though Windows Defender indicated no action required, I ran a scan and it identified this threat as severe. I clicked to have it removed though it indicates it is still active. When I look at history, it has been detected several times in the past though not removed....
  9. Win32:KipodToolsCby

Win32:KipodToolsCby: Hi all, Was running a Full System Scan with AV software and detected the following malware: Win32:KipodToolsCby It's described by Microsoft as a 'high' threat piece of Malware. The AV claimed to have 'partially removed' it. Is anyone very familiar with this...
  10. Caught in safe mode

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Caught in safe mode: I tried to do a system restore... it failed several times using several restore points. I finally took advice I found googling that suggested doing the system restore from safe mode. Since apparently some kinds of software do not have the good manners to stop and let a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. defendertamperingrestore

2. Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore

3. virtool:win32/defender tamperingrestore

4. win32/uwamson.A!ml,
  5. virtool win32 defender tampering restore,
  6. defender tampering Restore