Windows 10: Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore caught by Windows Defender

Discus and support Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore caught by Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Just saw this show up on our virus report on one system and one critical server. Microsoft info on it is non-existent and only 5 days old, however.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ChNew, Aug 8, 2019.

1. ChNew Win User

Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore caught by Windows Defender

Just saw this show up on our virus report on one system and one critical server. Microsoft info on it is non-existent and only 5 days old, however.

Anyone else see this? Is it just a false positive from turning AV off temporarily at some point in the past? Thanks in advance!

:)

ChNew, Aug 8, 2019

2. Removal of win32/mxslaw, Tiggre!rfn and Eggaurd!bit

Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore caught by Windows Defender 3d67dcb1-2a4c-4b25-9d28-99d0cc4750a6?upload=true.jpg

Above is the windows defender virus removal summary. Always after little time of startup, defender shows threat. And, the threat is one/all of following-

win32/mxslaw, win32/Tiggre!rfn and win32/Eggaurd!bit

i remove them everytime but they appear again.

I have scanned by Microsoft saftey scanner, Hitman Pro also. ethier they were not caught or if caught and removed, they appear again on startup and defender detect it.

How to permanently remove them?

Do they harm my PC?

* Moved from Windows 10/Security

Ravikash_Maurya, Aug 8, 2019
  3. WMPlayer win32 error

List the EXACT "blah, blah" you mention, here please... for ALL installation cases!

(Sound like a possible "DLL-Hell" issue, but "Windows File Protection" &/or "System File Protection" should have countered for this... no biggie, there's ways around that too!)

*Smile Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore caught by Windows Defender :)

* I have to 'step-out' now, but imo, this is the track to pursue here, & we will when I get back... so, please list that data I request!

APK

Alec§taar, Aug 8, 2019
  4. Le Boule Win User

After Full Scan with windows defender i got problem to remove Trojan:win32/Dynamer!ac

Trojan:Win32/Dynamer!ac threat description - Microsoft Security Intelligence

If Windows Defender will not alleviate this problem, recommend you follow the suggestions in this free multi-step removal guide from Malwaretips.com. The removal tools/procedures are free. Remove Trojan:Win32/Dynamer!ac malware (Virus Removal Guide)

But…

If none of the other tools listed in the Malwaretips guide identify any malware, you are using an HP laptop and the alleged malware detection by Windows Defender is listed as
    being in the “D” Drive on the laptop then you may be seeing a “false positive” detection. Should you determine you are probably seeing a "false detection"
    suggest you post back in this thread with further information.

Good luck…

Le Boule, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore caught by Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Win32 DefenderTamperingRestore caught

2. Windows Defender detected Win32/Floxif.H

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender detected Win32/Floxif.H: My windows defender detected a virus Win32/Floxif.H and I tried removing it through windows defender following a full scan + Offline scan. Also used several other softwares like rkiller. but now after restarting the windows defender is acting weird:...
  3. Windows Defender detected Win32/Floxif.H

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender detected Win32/Floxif.H: My windows defender detected a virus Win32/Floxif.H and I tried removing it through windows defender following a full scan + Offline scan. Also used several other softwares like rkiller. but now after restarting the windows defender is acting weird:...
  4. Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore issue: I am having an issue with my laptop. It is as if it is in a deepfreeze type state. When I install new software and restart, the installed software is not there after the restart. I have tried various anti-virus tools but as soon as I download them and install or run, they...
  5. Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore issue: I am having an issue with my laptop. It is as if it is in a deepfreeze type state. When I install new software and restart, the installed software is not there after the restart. I have tried various anti-virus tools but as soon as I download them and install or run, they...
  6. VirTool: Win32 / DefenderTamperingRestore

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    VirTool: Win32 / DefenderTamperingRestore: Hi.I have a fully up-to-date HP PAVILION laptop with Windows 11 HOME.I check for updates every day with Windows Update.The PC is protected with Malwarebytes Premium updated in the malware definitions several times a day; I always keep the Windows Defender virus definitions up...
  7. Windows Defender -VirTools Win32/ExcludeProc.D and Win32/ExcludeProc.A

Windows Defender -VirTools Win32/ExcludeProc.D and Win32/ExcludeProc.A: Hi, for the past few days I've been getting notifications about VirTool:Win32/ExcludeProc.D and VirTool:Win32/ExcludeProc.A. I tried to remove them in windows defender but when I restart my laptop I get notification again. I tried using Malwarebytes and Avast but they are not...
  8. How can I Delete win32:Defendertamperingrestore?

How can I Delete win32:Defendertamperingrestore?: The Microsoft anti-virus detects it but can't remove it. I tried running every scan but that didn't work. I tried updating Windows but that didn't work either. I tried third-party anti virus but still didn't work. Sometimes my anti-virus detects it and sometimes it doesn't....
  9. I received warning for Win32/Defendertamperingrestore everyday

I received warning for Win32/Defendertamperingrestore everyday: I downloaded a pivot animator 3 months earlier It also downloaded a AVG antivirus free trial version.i deleted the antivirus and the pivot animator.it turned off my windows defender.i backed it up by seeing a youtube video but after that i am getting this...
  10. Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore

Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore: Hi there. Anybody can help me with how to clean my computer from this virus: Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore Usually, when I run MSERT.exe it says that this virus was eliminated. But I have some questions: a Is it a memory-resident malware? b Is it launched in my computer...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. defendertamperingrestore

2. Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore

3. virtool:win32/defendertamperingrestore

4. defendertampering,
  5. virtool win32 defender tampering restore,
  6. defender tampering Restore,
  7. defendertamperingrestoresevere,
  8. vir windows tampering,
  9. Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore caught by Windows Defender Just saw this show up on our virus report on one system and one critical server. Microsoft info on it is non-existent and only 5 days old howeve,
  10. VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore keeps coming back,
  11. win32/defender tampering restore,
  12. remove defender tampering retore,
  13. what is defender tampering restore,
  14. Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore by ms safety scanner,
  15. defender tampering restore about