Windows 10: Win32/MicTrayDebugger - very late detection by Defender

Discus and support Win32/MicTrayDebugger - very late detection by Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Before reading this please note that I regularly update Windows defender and do full sweeps about every 6 months but it does an automated sweep... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DeeShayman555, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Win32/MicTrayDebugger - very late detection by Defender

Before reading this please note that I regularly update Windows defender and do full sweeps about every 6 months but it does an automated sweep regularly as well.

From Microsoft via Defender (NB Dates back to 2017 and it seems that this issue was known about April 2017): "This threat is a flaw in an out-of-date Conexant HD Audio Driver installation that is pre-installed on some models of HP PCs. As part of debugging code that was accidently left in by Conexant, this outdated driver can log keystrokes."

1. If the mictray keylogger has been in the code as part of the this HP notebook since I bought it (purchased in 2017) - why did Defender not detect it on previous sweeps as it was supposed to be updated then?

2. Can it be added later and who would do that? Also is it an issue for my password use since 2017? I am going through and resetting as many as I can.

NB: I have had an issue with a spam e-mail going to a friend of mine just this week - but I strongly suspect that could be due to Google email (hacked again?).

:)

DeeShayman555, Apr 24, 2019

2. MicTrayDebugger

Windows Defender repeatedly quarantines the MicTrayDebugger Malware (or what it thinks is malware). Windows updates have apparently installed the updated drivers to remedy keylogger problems from the Conexant drivers on my HP laptop. I looked to make sure
    the MicTray.log doesn't exist in my users/Public folder. I've heard that Defender falsely detects MicTrayDebugger. Any ideas what I should do if it keeps quarantining MicTrayDebugger? Any idea when Defender might fix this situation?

Jon McGrath, Apr 24, 2019
  3. CarolLJ Win User
    MicTrayDebugger

According to this info. on Microsoft's site, updated drivers solve the problem. You can download manually or get through Windows Updates. You can locate the link that applies to your OS.

MonitoringTool: Win32/MicTrayDebugger

CarolLJ, Apr 24, 2019
  4. jbmcgrath Win User

Win32/MicTrayDebugger - very late detection by Defender

MicTrayDebugger

Thanks, and yes, I had already updated the drivers and double checked the update logs to make sure the new drivers were installed. They were, on May 18th. I even tried manually updating the drivers from HP side as the link suggested. Still, Windows defender
    keeps flagging MicTrayDebugger.

jbmcgrath, Apr 24, 2019
Thema:

Win32/MicTrayDebugger - very late detection by Defender

1. Win32/MicTrayDebugger - very late detection by Defender - Similar Threads - Win32 MicTrayDebugger very

2. Windows Defender detected Win32/Floxif.H

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender detected Win32/Floxif.H: My windows defender detected a virus Win32/Floxif.H and I tried removing it through windows defender following a full scan + Offline scan. Also used several other softwares like rkiller. but now after restarting the windows defender is acting weird:...
  3. Windows Defender detected Win32/Floxif.H

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender detected Win32/Floxif.H: My windows defender detected a virus Win32/Floxif.H and I tried removing it through windows defender following a full scan + Offline scan. Also used several other softwares like rkiller. but now after restarting the windows defender is acting weird:...
  4. Windows Defender -VirTools Win32/ExcludeProc.D and Win32/ExcludeProc.A

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender -VirTools Win32/ExcludeProc.D and Win32/ExcludeProc.A: Hi, for the past few days I've been getting notifications about VirTool:Win32/ExcludeProc.D and VirTool:Win32/ExcludeProc.A. I tried to remove them in windows defender but when I restart my laptop I get notification again. I tried using Malwarebytes and Avast but they are not...
  5. Win32.Grenam.Dam.G Virus Detected in onedrivetemp

Win32.Grenam.Dam.G Virus Detected in onedrivetemp: Good morningThis morning I got a notification from bitdefender antivirus. the notification is "The file...
  6. Can Windows Defender detect external win32/kernel api calls?

Can Windows Defender detect external win32/kernel api calls?: There's a lot of win32/kernel based keyloggers on the internet. Can Windows Defender detect when a simple application calls key stroke related win32/kernel functions?...
  7. MonitoringTool:win32/MicTrayDebugger

MonitoringTool:win32/MicTrayDebugger: Im running windows 10 on an HP x2 Elite device Windows defender full scan has shown a sever threat monitoringtool:win32/MicTrayDebugger I’ve tried to remove and quarenteen using defender but it just spends hours saying its fixing the issue but never finishing the...
  8. Win32/Neshta.A virus detected

Win32/Neshta.A virus detected: My Windows Defender is detecting the Win32/Neshta.A virus but can't deal with it effectively. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning-windows_10/win32neshtaa-virus-detected/833f0b9f-3d70-4e33-885d-25aa510115e2
  9. HDD read starts very late!!

in Windows 10 Support
    HDD read starts very late!!: Hi there As the title says when booting windows from my main SSD drive, the HDD light only starts flickering about 10/15 minutes from when the windows 10 loading screen with the spinning white dots first appreas. I believe this problem first happened after a BSOD and have...
  10. One computer is very late to the party

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    One computer is very late to the party: I have a low spec Win 7 pro which I have attempted to upgrade to 10. It calculated that I did not have enough space (small HDD) and deleted some old installs to get the 20GB it needed (as I understand it). Started the upgrade at 9 am Friday and by 6 or 7 it had reached 99%...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win32/mictray debugger virus