Windows 10: win32k_power_watchdog_ .... and video_tdr_failure - need help to get rid of stop screen,...

Discus and support win32k_power_watchdog_ .... and video_tdr_failure - need help to get rid of stop screen,... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a Surface Book, Intel Core i7-6600 2.6GHZ, 16GB RAM connected to Microsoft Surface Dock 2 that then has 2 Samsung C24F390 Monitors connected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ceoiv, Oct 20, 2020.

1. ceoiv Win User

win32k_power_watchdog_ .... and video_tdr_failure - need help to get rid of stop screen,...

I have a Surface Book, Intel Core i7-6600 2.6GHZ, 16GB RAM connected to Microsoft Surface Dock 2 that then has 2 Samsung C24F390 Monitors connected through the docking station.

About 50% of the time, the blue screen comes up with the "win32K_power_watchdog ..." but then the Pink screen came up today and had the error "video_tdr_failure" today.

This doesn't happen all the time but almost half the time when I boot up the computer. Often, after startup I have to unplug the monitors from docking station to get them to be recognized by system and turn on or I have to restart the computer again.

Any help to get this situation resolved would be helpful.

Here are the dmp files from the last few shutdowns.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiPPkdOge4q8gaQ-GK1f4NWfLtKWcQ?e=VvsW7c

:)

ceoiv, Oct 20, 2020

2. BSOD with VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE post - issue unknown

Hi Mikael,

The Video_TDR_Failure error may have been caused by an incompatible display driver. Since you mentioned that you already updated the graphics card driver, we suggest performing the steps provided on this
    link to troubleshoot the blue screen error.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, Oct 20, 2020
  3. VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE and 0x80070091

Since you're having issues accessing your PC settings, there are troubleshooting steps that may help you resolve your concern.

We suggest that you check and follow the steps made by Prabhavathi Patil on this
    link. Other community members found this helpful. You can also check other
    suggestions on the link on how to resolve the error code 0x80070091 and VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE problem.

If the issue still persists, don't hesitate to inform us and we'll be happy to further assist you.

Acelyn Alc, Oct 20, 2020
  4. K31tht Win User

win32k_power_watchdog_ .... and video_tdr_failure - need help to get rid of stop screen,...

Stop Code VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE - atikmpag.sys

Thank you for your help.

• I used DDU to remove drivers
    • I check the HP site for older drivers as you suggested but there are none for Win10. I downloaded Win8 driver but on install it reported it was not compatible
    • I checked the AMD site and have used older driver 15.200.1062.1004 but still get same stop code error (if you need me to send the files please let me know)
    Do you have any further suggestions please?

K31tht, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

1. win32k_power_watchdog_ .... and video_tdr_failure - need help to get rid of stop screen,... - Similar Threads - win32k_power_watchdog_ video_tdr_failure need

2. I need help getting rid of a malware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help getting rid of a malware: I randomly heard sounds without a single window open, soon realized that a google chrome window was playing a random YouTube video. Every time I started the computer a Google Chrome window would pop up, open YouTube and disappear.I managed to close them in the Task Manager...
  3. I need help getting rid of a malware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help getting rid of a malware: I randomly heard sounds without a single window open, soon realized that a google chrome window was playing a random YouTube video. Every time I started the computer a Google Chrome window would pop up, open YouTube and disappear.I managed to close them in the Task Manager...
  4. I need help getting rid of a virus.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help getting rid of a virus.: So I did a scan with windows defender and it came up with this Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.H!ml and when I try and remove it, it gone so I scan again and pops right back up again, and then there is this it Microsoft Defender, No new threats were found but current threats are still...
  5. I need help getting rid of a virus.

I need help getting rid of a virus.: So I did a scan with windows defender and it came up with this Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.H!ml and when I try and remove it, it gone so I scan again and pops right back up again, and then there is this it Microsoft Defender, No new threats were found but current threats are still...
  6. I need help getting rid of gosearches.gg

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help getting rid of gosearches.gg: can anybody help me get rid of this gosearches.gg thing? I've read about it, and I already know it's a fake searcher and i don't know how to get rid of it I've tried using malware bytes but there seems to be nothing working can somebody please help me. here is an image and I...
  7. I need help getting rid of gosearches.gg

I need help getting rid of gosearches.gg: can anybody help me get rid of this gosearches.gg thing? I've read about it, and I already know it's a fake searcher and i don't know how to get rid of it I've tried using malware bytes but there seems to be nothing working can somebody please help me. here is an image and I...
  8. Need "Help" getting rid of this . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need "Help" getting rid of this . . .: My computer is a Dell laptop, running Windows 10.In the past, when I've had problems.Dell would connect to my computer, and take a look.But this problem happens, prior to the computer running?When I turn my, computer on. The first thing, that happens.A blue screen, with two...
  9. blue screen need to get rid of it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    blue screen need to get rid of it: Need to get rid of blue screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-need-to-get-rid-of-it/22a08ece-a6dd-4213-83dd-74b93f5618d8"
  10. Need help getting rid of a malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need help getting rid of a malware: Good afternoon! Yesterday I saw a weird thing happening on my computer... A software was installing and I didn't remember giving it permission, it was One System Care, but this was solved easily using Add or Remove Programs. But I started to pay attention to my computer...