Windows 10: WIN32K_POWER_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT after waking up from sleep

Discus and support WIN32K_POWER_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT after waking up from sleep in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When waking up from sleep, laptop will enter a bluescreen with error message / stopcode of WIN32K_POWER_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT. Can't seem to find any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by vcxyg, Jun 20, 2020.

1. vcxyg Win User

WIN32K_POWER_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT after waking up from sleep

When waking up from sleep, laptop will enter a bluescreen with error message / stopcode of WIN32K_POWER_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT. Can't seem to find any solution online.

:)

vcxyg, Jun 20, 2020

2. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 20, 2020
  3. Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Jun 20, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Stay in sleep and wake with spacebar

Hi, you can disable hibernation if you wish:
    Enable or Disable Hibernate in Windows 10

This depends what devices are able to wake your PC. You can list these:

Powercfg /devicequery /.......
    Description:
    Returns a list of devices that meet the specified criteria.

Parameter List:
    <QUERYFLAG> Specifies one of the following criteria:

wake_from_S1_supported ....Return all devices that support waking the system
    from a light sleep state.
    wake_from_S2_supported ....Return all devices that support waking the system
    from a deeper sleep state.
    wake_from_S3_supported ....Return all devices that support waking the system
    from the deepest sleep state.
    wake_from_any ......................Return all devices that support waking the system
    from any sleep state.

S1_supported List devices supporting light sleep.
    S2_supported List devices supporting deeper sleep.
    S3_supported List devices supporting deepest sleep.
    S4_supported List devices supporting hibernation.
    wake_programmable List devices that are user-configurable to wake
    the system from a sleep state.
    wake_armed List devices that are currently configured to
    wake the system from any sleep state.
    all_devices Return all devices present in the system.

Examples:
    POWERCFG /DEVICEQUERY wake_armed

dalchina, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

1. WIN32K_POWER_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT after waking up from sleep - Similar Threads - WIN32K_POWER_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT waking sleep

2. 0x9f after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    0x9f after waking up from sleep: Around 3 to 4 months ago, my computer used to function properly after waking up. However, currently, it frequently encounters a 0x9f BSOD. If anyone has any insights regarding this issue, I would highly appreciate them. Here are the recent *.dmp files:...
  3. 0x9f after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0x9f after waking up from sleep: Around 3 to 4 months ago, my computer used to function properly after waking up. However, currently, it frequently encounters a 0x9f BSOD. If anyone has any insights regarding this issue, I would highly appreciate them. Here are the recent *.dmp files:...
  4. 0x9f after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows BSOD win32k_power_watchdog_timeout on waking up from overnight sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows BSOD win32k_power_watchdog_timeout on waking up from overnight sleep: Hello,I have a Lenovo X1 carbon 7th gen and started encoutering the BSOD timeout when it wakes up from overnight sleep. I had a similar situation 2 weeks ago but thought it got fixed after I updated BIOS and Intel Mangement Firmware 12.0 the lenovo support page said those...
  6. Windows BSOD win32k_power_watchdog_timeout on waking up from overnight sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows BSOD win32k_power_watchdog_timeout on waking up from overnight sleep: Hello,I have a Lenovo X1 carbon 7th gen and started encoutering the BSOD timeout when it wakes up from overnight sleep. I had a similar situation 2 weeks ago but thought it got fixed after I updated BIOS and Intel Mangement Firmware 12.0 the lenovo support page said those...
  7. No sound after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No sound after waking up from sleep: I just clean installed my windows 10, and I have been dealing with this issue with the sound on both my monitor with built in speakers would be gone after waking up from sleep mode. To be clear: I have 2 monitors with built in speakers, one connected to my hdmi and another...
  8. After waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    After waking up from sleep: After waking up from sleep, how do I require a password sign-in. I don't want anyone to wake up my computer and see my desktop. Want to require my password to be entered to get access....
  9. Wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wake up from sleep: Hi My laptop doesn't wakeup after I put it to sleep, I just get a blank grey screen. I have to force a restart. What am I doing wrong https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wake-up-from-sleep/c338a9d8-9ad1-4408-ac39-f86c54be1119
  10. Will not wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Will not wake up from sleep: I have 1809-17763.379 and if I choose sleep by right clicking the start button the computer will not wake up with the mouse or keyboard. It will wake up from screensaver with the mouse. If I push the power button it will wake up. Any suggestions will be appreciated. 130026