Windows 10: win32kfull.sys bluescreen

Discus and support win32kfull.sys bluescreen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Code: On Sat 4/16/2016 5:25:09 AM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\041616-8109-01.dmp This was probably caused by the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Iketsu31425, Apr 15, 2016.

1. win32kfull.sys bluescreen

Code: On Sat 4/16/2016 5:25:09 AM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\041616-8109-01.dmp This was probably caused by the following module: win32kfull.sys (win32kfull!SetRedirectedWindow+0x15F) Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF960EB8998BB, 0xFFFFD000235219D0, 0x0) Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\win32kfull.sys product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System company: Microsoft Corporation description: Full/Desktop Win32k Kernel Driver Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code. This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time. [/quote]

This is one of the crash logs from Whocrashed.

I have been having an issue that has been bugging intermittently and even followed me from Windows 8.1 to 10. Essentially what happens is at random points during use of my computer I will no longer be able to click anything on the taskbar, right click, open my start menu, open task manager, open any new programs, and sometimes it will all end with a bluescreen kicking me back the above error. Sometimes the blue screen does not happen, though.

I posted on another forum about this and was directed to try here as well.

Things I have tried: sfc/dism many times over, memtest86 overnight 9 passes, scanning for infections (just in case), making a new user account as well, and doing a fresh wipe down and re-install of my GPU drivers (as per recommendation of someone on another forum.)

In the event viewer only one event sticks out:

Code: The description for Event ID 243 from source Win32k cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer. If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event. The following information was included with the event: The specified resource type cannot be found in the image file [/quote] This error seems to be a 'Desktop Heap Allocation Error' according to a quick google search.

I'm nearly 100% sure that this error is related to the issue I'm having because every time I have this issue, this error is somewhere nearby in event viewer. I just have no idea how to fix it.

Any help anybody can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

:)

Iketsu31425, Apr 15, 2016

2. Bluescreen - win32kfull.sys

I am running the Insider Prewiew program, and with build 17025, the bsod kept happening.

Uninstalling Volume2 didn't help at all. After disabling all startup programs and looking for the culprit, in my case I found that BSOD were happening because of the Wacom Driver. Once I uninstalled Wacom Driver 6.3.25-5, the BSOD where
    gone. Afterwards, I installed the same driver again and I didn't get any BSOD while dragging files or links while my wacom tablet was unplugged. Oddly, then I tried again with the wacom tablet plugged in, and I could still freely drag items with no problem
    whatsoever.

I installed again the stable version of Volume2, and have all my other startup programs enabled, and so far I haven't got any BSODs when dragging. I will keep testing my system and update if the BSOD come back.

Andres7717, Apr 15, 2016
  3. Jairit Be Win User
    Bluescreen - win32kfull.sys

Hi Eric,

Yes, based on the order of events, it's most likely caused between incompatibility between certain components of your PC and the Fall Creators Update.

With this, we suggest following the instructions in this support article
    dedicated for troubleshooting blue screen errors.

If, however, troubleshooting doesn't fix the issue. We would need to submit a feedback via the
    Feedback Hub
    , and roll back to an earlier working version until a fix is released.

Let us know if you need more help.

Jairit Be, Apr 15, 2016
  4. lifetec Win User

win32kfull.sys bluescreen

lifetec, Apr 15, 2016
  5. Here you are, sorry about that.

Attachment 75159

6. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Your system specs says ....
    You have 8 GB Corsair (2x4GB) and the rest is something else (G.Skill) (2x2GB).

Remove that 2x2GB G.Skill RAM. Report us for any further BSOD with only the 2x4GB Corsair RAM applied.

Mixed RAM can always cause 0x3B BSOD. Use RAM that came in the same KIT only.

7. I'll give it a shot, but does that solution make sense considering the issue just seemed to randomly start a few weeks to a month ago? I've been using the same memory in this build for quite some time already. Just wondering.

8. ARC
    Arc Win User

You haven't done the right thing.

If you experience any further BSOD after removing the G.Skill RAM, post the dumps again. There might be other things, but you need to do this rectification at once for good.

9. I will certainly give it a shot. I'll report back if I get the Error 243 from Win32k afterward.

Just as an update: Memory has been removed, running on 8GB of Corsair now. I need to go to work now, but will check Event Viewer when I return and report back with any issues from here on out. Thanks again.

10. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Well, my primary concern is the BSOD. If your primary object is to get rid of the Desktop Heap Allocation Failure, please add the following in your to-do list:

► Free up the startup. Windows does not need any other program to auto-start with it; but they can conflict which may cause various issues including randm crashes including BSODs.

• Right click on the taskbar and click on "Task Manager" in the context menu.
    • It will open Task Manager with "Processes" tab selected. Click on the "Startup" tab.
    • Select them all one by one and click "Disable" at the bottom right corner.
    • Disable everything there other than the antivirus.
    See how it goes. Let us know.

► Daemon Tools, Alcohol 120% and Power hiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known BSOD causer. Uninstall the program at first. Then download SPTD standalone installer from Disk-Tools.com, and execute the downloaded file as guided below :

• Double click to open it.
    • Click this button only:

• win32kfull.sys bluescreen [​IMG]
    • If it is grayed out, as in the picture, there is no more SPTD in your system, and you just close the window.
    ► Open Killer Network Manager and disable the Network Bandwidth Control feature therein.

Report us after doing all the three plus the previous one.

11. Step 1: I have disabled everything on startup to my knowledge.

Step 2: I attempted to download the SPTD standalone and it says that my platform is not supported. Might not be a version for Windows 10?

Step 3: I have disabled the Network Bandwith Control Feature.

Previous Step: I have removed the G-Skill memory and am now running on 8GB of Corsair Vengeance.

I will report back if the issue presents itself again. Thanks for all the help.

12. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Yes, probably that tool does not support windows 10.
    Will wait to see how it goes.

13. win32kfull.sys bluescreen

Update: Just got home from work. As soon as I tried to right click something on my computer I got the bluescreen error once more. Same error win32kfull.sys

Doesn't look like removing the memory worked.

And once again to correspond with the issue: Event ID 243 from source Win32k. They go hand in hand 100% of the time it would seem.

EDIT: Wanted to put the new dump files in here: Attachment 75213

Iketsu31425, Apr 16, 2016
  14. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Now let us come to the basics of BSOD troubleshooting. We will proceed as per the bugcheck code. It is 0x3B. Three things are generally responsible behind it.
    • A faulty System Serivce
    • A misbehaving device driver
    • A failing memory.
    Let us check those one by one.

For checking a faulty system service, run Clean Install works the best.
    Also, keep windows up-to-date. Otherwise system services will remain vulnerable.

Test your RAM modules for possible errors.MemTest86+ - Test RAM Run memtest86+ for at least 8 consecutive passes.

If it start showing errors/red lines, stop testing. A single error is enough to determine that something is going bad there.
    Take a camera snap of the memtest86+ window before closing the program. Let us see it.
    Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Ten Forums - Windows 10 Forums

If it does not show any error, enable Driver Verifier to monitor the drivers. Driver Verifier - Enable and DisableRun Driver Verifier for 24 hours or the occurrence of the next crash, whichever is earlier.

win32kfull.sys bluescreen [​IMG]
    Information Why Driver Verifier:
    It puts a stress on the drivers, ans so it makes the unstable drivers crash. Hopefully the driver that crashes is recorded in the memory dump.

How Can we know that DV is enabled:
    It will make the system bit of slow, laggy.

Warning Before enabling DV, make it sure that you have earlier System restore points made in your computer. You can check it easily by using CCleaner looking at Tools > System Restore.

If there is no points, make a System Restore Point manually before enabling DV.

Tip

Let us know the results, with the subsequent crash dumps, if any.

15. I have already run sfc/dism many times over and they've done nothing to help the problem.

I have run Memtest86 overnight for 9 passes with 0 failures.

I have not tried the driver verifier, and I will give it a shot now, and let you know what I get.

Thanks again for the response.

Iketsu31425, Apr 16, 2016
Thema:

1. win32kfull.sys bluescreen - Similar Threads - win32kfull sys bluescreen

2. Netwtw04.sys & ntoskrnls.exe bluescreen error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Netwtw04.sys & ntoskrnls.exe bluescreen error: Im using a windows 10 pc and for a while i have been struggling with this bluescreen error. It is quite rare but happens when in the middle of something. my computer just freezes and I have to manually restart it. The windows minidumps says its two two in the title causing...
  3. Netwtw04.sys & ntoskrnls.exe bluescreen error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Netwtw04.sys & ntoskrnls.exe bluescreen error: Im using a windows 10 pc and for a while i have been struggling with this bluescreen error. It is quite rare but happens when in the middle of something. my computer just freezes and I have to manually restart it. The windows minidumps says its two two in the title causing...
  4. BSOD win32kfull

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD win32kfull: HiI have started to get this blue screen error any ideas. There are no driver problems in device manager. Please let me know if you can see what has happened,I have left the latest dmp files herehttps://www.dropbox.com/sh/ei6t5oy0u4afik3/AAB8iAzMZhNvWtGnSTHePIK3a?dl=0Thanks...
  5. Bluescreen Wdf01000.sys

Bluescreen Wdf01000.sys: Hello,My computers keep getting bluescreens, I checked the minidump and the driver caused was Wdf0100.sysNow the problem only arrives when I have my laptop connected to the lenovo docking, when I have the laptop on WIFI it is all fine.I think it has to do something with the...
  6. BlueScreen lvrs64.sys error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BlueScreen lvrs64.sys error: The computer has been giving a blue screen error for the last 1-2 months. I got the error while the computer was idle, while playing games I got ancritical process died error. And lvrs64.sys My dumb folder. https://dosya.co/y2otuoxk4dox/112020-8328-01.dmp.html...
  7. win32kfull Randomly Crashes

win32kfull Randomly Crashes: Hi, In the last two weeks my computer started to have randomly bsod's related to win32kfull, the last time it has happened the computer was idle. Windows 10 64bits. 164924
  8. Bluescreen - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - WDF01000.SYS

Bluescreen - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - WDF01000.SYS: Hey I keep having blue screens with broadcasting software such as OBS and Streamlabs OBS. Whenever I stop streaming or close the program not every time, but often enough to be a real issue All my drivers are up to date, windows is up to date as is GFX drivers. I have...
  9. Bluescreen with Wdf01000.sys and/or ntoskrnl.exe

Bluescreen with Wdf01000.sys and/or ntoskrnl.exe: Hi guys, I currently own a Lenovo P52 and get bluescreens every few days since the beginning (the error occurs 1-3 times a week). It doesnt matter if the notebook is busy with e.g. gaming or just browsing the web. I cant reproduce the error as well, it just happens from...
  10. Bluescreen caused by stdriverx64.sys

Bluescreen caused by stdriverx64.sys: I have been battling this problem for a while now We have a department that use Soundtap to record their phonecalls on their PC where they use a softphone. Just recently we have had two different PCs, both using Soundtap, getting Bluescreens several times a day. This...