Windows 10: Win7 Backup Data Management

Discus and support Win7 Backup Data Management in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I continue to use the Win 7 User Data Backups even after I upgraded from Win7 to Win10. I do not use the File History Backups offered with Win 10. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Larry42, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Larry42 Win User

Win7 Backup Data Management

I continue to use the Win 7 User Data Backups even after I upgraded from Win7 to Win10. I do not use the File History Backups offered with Win 10. My question regards the datasets saved by the Win7 Backup procedure. I notice my backups include multiple dated Backup Sets dating back to when I started using my current external hard drive, in about 2 week increments. My question is, do I need to keep all those Backup Sets forever, or can I delete old ones without losing any data. My backup folder (containing those dated Backup Sets) has grown to about 200GB in just a few months. Would appreciate your advice. Thanks.

:)

Larry42, Oct 23, 2015

2. I had a laptop with windows vista I upgraded to windows 7 and all my files went to windows.old and then when I upgraded from 7 to windows 10 I cannot find the files.

And you have no backup? The Windows.old folder you saw in Win7 had files you should have dragged out to new Win7 folders. When you went from 7 to 10, the Windows.old folder was replaced with Win7 files, not Vista files.

Backup your data on a regular schedule, not after you lose them. I backup every week or two.

Bruce Hagen, Oct 23, 2015
  3. [Epstein] Win User
    How to backup my Nokia 808 completely?

The issue of the poster is that the previous data in the backup is not compatible with the newest update. (Backup from FP1, phone is updated to FP2).

This is normal, even on a computer there are applications that are compatible only in Win7 and will not work with XP.

[Epstein], Oct 23, 2015
Thema:

Win7 Backup Data Management

1. Win7 Backup Data Management - Similar Threads - Win7 Backup Data

2. Data Protection Manager - Backup for SQL Developer DB's

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data Protection Manager - Backup for SQL Developer DB's: Good day all.I would like to find out how we can back up or if it’s even possible to backup SQL Developer Edition with DPM 2019 Version: 10.19.379.0When creating a protection group, we can see the server that we need to backup and we can see the folders/drives, we do not see...
  3. Data Protection Manager - Backup for SQL Developer DB's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Data Protection Manager - Backup for SQL Developer DB's: Good day all.I would like to find out how we can back up or if it’s even possible to backup SQL Developer Edition with DPM 2019 Version: 10.19.379.0When creating a protection group, we can see the server that we need to backup and we can see the folders/drives, we do not see...
  4. Windows backup and restore win7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows backup and restore win7: Hi, I have to restore all files from a backup to a new drive but I then realized that it also restore renamed/deleted files and folders. I can see that it make sense for someone that accidentally deleted something and want it restored but that makes the tool barely useless...
  5. Restore backup data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restore backup data: My computer was attacked by Malware. I took a backup of the data and reset my PC the OS. I ran a scan of my external hard drive which contains my backup and some threats were detected and removed. Now I'm trying to restore the data through Control Panel> System and Security >...
  6. Backup data folders

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup data folders: Hello, I'm looking for a software that backup data folders: - The master folder (A) should be untouched - The destination folder (B) should be the perfect copy of (A) - Case sensitive - A file with the same size and date but with different metadata should be updated on the...
  7. Data Transfer Win7 to Win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Data Transfer Win7 to Win10: What options do I have for multiple PCs to transfer data from PC to PC? PC Mover is not an option for licensing multiple PCs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-transfer-win7-to-win10/4b17bd7b-981e-4e67-b11a-240ad288aff4"
  8. backup data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    backup data: i reset my leptop(windows 10) , then all drives data is wipe out now how to bake that all data ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-data/4e9ee438-ef2d-442b-b3f7-f48c2f87ec33
  9. Error 0x8100001a - Backup/Restore (Win7)

Error 0x8100001a - Backup/Restore (Win7): I had to do a new reinstall of Windows 10 and received this error when trying to restore from my external backup drive. Originally the backup drive was G, but after the reinstall, it became H. I changed it back to G in Disk Management, and applied the SDUTIL with no errors...
  10. Data Backup Issues

Data Backup Issues: Hi all I'm a desktop engineer by trade to start with so am very familiar with most things that my topic covers. But this one issue has me a little bamboozled lol In my work, I never experience this so I believe it is down to permissions etc... The problem...