Windows 10: Win7 Backup Data Management

Discus and support Win7 Backup Data Management in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I continue to use the Win 7 User Data Backups even after I upgraded from Win7 to Win10. I do not use the File History Backups offered with Win 10. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Larry42, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Larry42 Win User

Win7 Backup Data Management

I continue to use the Win 7 User Data Backups even after I upgraded from Win7 to Win10. I do not use the File History Backups offered with Win 10. My question regards the datasets saved by the Win7 Backup procedure. I notice my backups include multiple dated Backup Sets dating back to when I started using my current external hard drive, in about 2 week increments. My question is, do I need to keep all those Backup Sets forever, or can I delete old ones without losing any data. My backup folder (containing those dated Backup Sets) has grown to about 200GB in just a few months. Would appreciate your advice. Thanks.

:)

Larry42, Oct 23, 2015

2. I had a laptop with windows vista I upgraded to windows 7 and all my files went to windows.old and then when I upgraded from 7 to windows 10 I cannot find the files.

And you have no backup? The Windows.old folder you saw in Win7 had files you should have dragged out to new Win7 folders. When you went from 7 to 10, the Windows.old folder was replaced with Win7 files, not Vista files.

Backup your data on a regular schedule, not after you lose them. I backup every week or two.

Bruce Hagen, Oct 23, 2015
  3. [Epstein] Win User
    How to backup my Nokia 808 completely?

The issue of the poster is that the previous data in the backup is not compatible with the newest update. (Backup from FP1, phone is updated to FP2).

This is normal, even on a computer there are applications that are compatible only in Win7 and will not work with XP.

[Epstein], Oct 23, 2015
Thema:

Win7 Backup Data Management

1. Win7 Backup Data Management - Similar Threads - Win7 Backup Data

2. how to backup data Microsoft money

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to backup data Microsoft money: how to backup data Microsoft money https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-backup-data-microsoft-money/3a106d33-4d10-454b-b5c4-bbef9942adb1
  3. checking the backup data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    checking the backup data: hi! I just want to check if the data that i have made backup of on my external hard drive , has been made correctly. how do i check it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/checking-the-backup-data/4e247465-1a71-42a0-866e-d19f34af6e1c
  4. Backup (Win7 version) says can't find windows.old

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup (Win7 version) says can't find windows.old: I'm using the Win7 Backup and Restore on my Win 10 system. Sometime after he big update happened I decided to get rid of the C:\Windows.old\ folder and used Disk Cleanup to do it. It said it did but some parts of the folder remained. IIRC I manually deleted the left over...
  5. Error 0x8100001a - Backup/Restore (Win7)

Error 0x8100001a - Backup/Restore (Win7): I had to do a new reinstall of Windows 10 and received this error when trying to restore from my external backup drive. Originally the backup drive was G, but after the reinstall, it became H. I changed it back to G in Disk Management, and applied the SDUTIL with no errors...
  6. Data Backup Issues

Data Backup Issues: Hi all I'm a desktop engineer by trade to start with so am very familiar with most things that my topic covers. But this one issue has me a little bamboozled lol In my work, I never experience this so I believe it is down to permissions etc... The problem...
  7. Data Backup before Clean Install

Data Backup before Clean Install: Hello friends, I have started a small repair business and my question revolves around data backup options while doing a clean install on a PC. Generally before doing the clean install, I take a backup of data (User Library such as Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Pictures,...
  8. Apple-Soft COPY DATA MANAGEMENT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apple-Soft COPY DATA MANAGEMENT: COPY DATA MANAGEMENT When we were going over data explosion way back, we would conclude that offering bigger storage space was the option to manage it. That was 3-4 years back and before. Now it is being mentioned by large storage platform vendors that information explosion...
  9. Dual Boot issues (Win7/10) and data corruption

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual Boot issues (Win7/10) and data corruption: I have a major problem and I'm hoping someone can help me figure out how to resolve it. Here's my environment: - I have Win7 installed on Drive 0 on a single partition (SSD); except for 100MB "system reserved" partition - I have Win10 installed on Drive 1, which has 3...
  10. Restore Windows From Data Backup?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore Windows From Data Backup?: So I managed to break my partition table, but I was able to recover my entire C: drive and copy every file and folder to an external drive. My question now becomes, is there anyway to, when I reinstall Windows, to restore from that backup (since it's just a data backup of...