Windows 10: Win7 Backup utility and System restore issues, Ease ToDo back up issues on Window 10 1909...

Discus and support Win7 Backup utility and System restore issues, Ease ToDo back up issues on Window 10 1909... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a current issue where System restore looks like it is turned on, can set % space used, and try to set a restore point and the bar just runs and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MB11618, May 20, 2020.

1. MB11618 Win User

Win7 Backup utility and System restore issues, Ease ToDo back up issues on Window 10 1909...

I have a current issue where System restore looks like it is turned on, can set % space used, and try to set a restore point and the bar just runs and runs with no disk activity, never ending. I also have issues with Windows 7 backup utility in Windows 7 where when it starts a backup it does the same with the bar running but action being taken. Shadow copy is on, I believe other required services are running. This occurred after a failed installation of Acronis from the WD website that crashed and caused windows to do a self repair. System file checker was used and repaired some files. I can use Ease ToDo sector by sector copy for backup, but it gets stuck with a perceived partition error somewhere, but Disk management says partitions are ok, Chkdsk won't run in Windows also gets stuck in infinite box but runs on reboot and found no errors. Any suggestions? The cloned drive has the same issues as the original drive. reduced from 1 TB to 500 GB. Thanks for any assistance.

:)

MB11618, May 20, 2020
  2. deving Win User

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, May 20, 2020
  3. Zippy2222 Win User
    Help! Can't uninstall $#!&**@#! Ease US Todo Backup program

Win7 Backup utility and System restore issues, Ease ToDo back up issues on Window 10 1909... [​IMG]

Win7 Backup utility and System restore issues, Ease ToDo back up issues on Window 10 1909... [​IMG]
    Found some old backup files that were created w/EaseUS Todo Backup free program but no longer had that prog. on my PC (an older free version) so I D/L the latest free one, version 10.0.0 (see screenshot). It could see the files but there was no option to open them (Please select an Image is all I get) to look at them, to decide if I wanted to keep them. So I proceeded to uninstall the prog. and now your typical method of uninstalling says Please wait until the current program is finished uninstalling or changed (see screenshot).
    I googled the topic and all I can find is the Todo backup programs reference to use the Uninstaller program that is supposed to be w/it but it is not discoverable. Can't find anywhere to download it either. I guess i've lost whatever those files are forever, since apparently only that program will open them. Anyone got any ideas to help ?
    Uninstall the #@$%%$ thing and or Recover those files? Please?
    P.S. Can anyone suggest a reliable proven Backup program that is easy to understand that is not guided by Broken English, even the name "EaseUS Todo" has always bothered me like a pet peeve. I found blogs on "how the h### do you pronounce it?"*Confused

Zippy2222, May 20, 2020
  4. twilyth Win User

Win7 Backup utility and System restore issues, Ease ToDo back up issues on Window 10 1909...

Backup utility

Cobian backup will do file backups locally or to ftp, with or without encryption and compression. However it doesn't do image backups, which is really what you need if want to fully restore your system.

I've used the W7 back up program and Acronis a few times to restore a system and both work great. With Acronis though, you need to burn the recovery cd they suggest FOR EACH and EVERY machine you use it on.

One problem with W7 backup is that seems to break easily. On one machine I did an upgrade re-install and the backup utility doesn't work. No luck in trouble shooting it either. So I now rely on Acronis exclusively for image backups. But I use Cobian for file backups to ftp.

twilyth, May 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Win7 Backup utility and System restore issues, Ease ToDo back up issues on Window 10 1909... - Similar Threads - Win7 Backup utility

2. Legacy Backup/Restore utility

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Legacy Backup/Restore utility: Windows 10 provides only the the legacy Backup/Restore utility, which, as I understand it, MS does no longer support.Does Windows 11 bring a new automated Backup/Restore functionality beyond just backing up to the cloud?...
  3. windows 10 backup and restore issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 backup and restore issue: i backed up my windows 10 before upgrading to windows 11 and now when i try to restore it gives me error that it skipped restoring user data. I tried to change restore location but the new file is empty and said that some files were restored to different locationNote: the log...
  4. windows 10 backup and restore issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 backup and restore issue: i backed up my windows 10 before upgrading to windows 11 and now when i try to restore it gives me error that it skipped restoring user data. I tried to change restore location but the new file is empty and said that some files were restored to different locationNote: the log...
  5. windows 10 backup and restore issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Windows backup and restore win7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows backup and restore win7: Hi, I have to restore all files from a backup to a new drive but I then realized that it also restore renamed/deleted files and folders. I can see that it make sense for someone that accidentally deleted something and want it restored but that makes the tool barely useless...
  7. Printing issues back with 1909?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printing issues back with 1909?: I don't have to print with my system very often, I usually print to a pdf, which works fine. No matter what I do, what printer I install, usb, network, wifi, it will not print. Running Windows 10 Pro, withe the very latest 1909 updates as of May 12, 2020....
  8. Windows 10 system restore issues

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows 10 system restore issues: I've recently system restored my pc, but am experiencing difficulties in setting everything back up. I am asked for my location, timezone, whether I want express settings etc. However once I complete these steps my pc will load as if to proceed, reset and then ask for the...
  9. Help! Can't uninstall $#!&**@#! Ease US Todo Backup program

Help! Can't uninstall $#!&**@#! Ease US Todo Backup program: [img] [img] Found some old backup files that were created w/EaseUS Todo Backup free program but no longer had that prog. on my PC (an older free version) so I D/L the latest free one, version 10.0.0 (see screenshot). It could see the files but there was no option to open...
  10. Windows 10 Back up system image issue

Windows 10 Back up system image issue: hello just registered to seek assistance on an issue that is puzzling me I am running windows 10 on a SSD with my media files on several SATA connected 2Tb HDDs. I used the feature in the OS to install programs on one of them, named G in windows explorer. I want...