Windows 10: Win7 Colour and Appearance/Text Control Within Win10 Display Text

Discus and support Win7 Colour and Appearance/Text Control Within Win10 Display Text in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello all, I hope everyone is keeping well and safe! I just have a really quick question for everyone. Within Win7, you had a setting called "Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by new11, Jul 5, 2020.

1. new11 Win User

Win7 Colour and Appearance/Text Control Within Win10 Display Text

Hello all, I hope everyone is keeping well and safe! I just have a really quick question for everyone.

Within Win7, you had a setting called "Windows Colour and Appearance" found within "Control Panel & Personalisation" Here you were able to choose a "on screen item or element" using the dropdown, and then individually change settings for said element if you wished.
    For example, change the font size, colour, type for a popup or button. (Kindly see attached some of the screen shots) I have poor eyes and I had found that feature super super helpful.

With Win10, If I simply change the "screen scaling" value, this changes absolutely Everything. This is no good as some things don't require changing and they become super enlarged, to match the scaling value.
    I know within "Ease of Access, Display" you are able to make text bigger, but this is also no good at all, as it creates the same issue as above, "Making absolutely everything bigger". (In edition to All text becoming bigger, then of course the window boundaries, popup, menus all increase)

Does anyone know of or might have any ideas at all, either by using the registry, third party programs or anything really, of a way that I would be able to individually change the text for different elements in Win10, Just like we could do in Win7?

Device Specs: Dell-XPS15-7590, Win10 Pro1909, 64bit, OS-Build: 18363.900, Intel17-9750H, 16GB Ram.

Many thanks in advance to any any assistance at all! Win7 Colour and Appearance/Text Control Within Win10 Display Text :)

:)

new11, Jul 5, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Win7 Colour and Appearance/Text Control Within Win10 Display Text [​IMG]

-change the background colour in general, and you get a degree of consistency.

dalchina, Jul 5, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User

Winaero tweaker offers some convenient options- some of them in tutorials here:

Win7 Colour and Appearance/Text Control Within Win10 Display Text [​IMG]

dalchina, Jul 5, 2020
  4. Edwin Win User

Edwin, Jul 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Win7 Colour and Appearance/Text Control Within Win10 Display Text - Similar Threads - Win7 Colour Appearance

2. Edge tab text colour.

in Browsers and Email
    Edge tab text colour.: I like Edge browser but find the black tab text page description difficult to read unless i have a light tab background which i am not keen on, is there a simple way of changing it to white like in Chrome? Thanks in advance. 177111
  3. Win7 Colour and Appearance/Text Control Within Win10 Display Text

in Windows 10 Support
    Win7 Colour and Appearance/Text Control Within Win10 Display Text: Hello all, I hope everyone is keeping well and safe! I just have a really quick question for everyone. Within Win7, you had a setting called "Windows Colour and Appearance" found within "Control Panel & Personalisation" Here you were able to choose a "on screen item or...
  4. Text/Highlight Menu Colour

in Windows 10 Customization
    Text/Highlight Menu Colour: Hi, First off can I say many thanks to the Guys here who helped me getting back into Windows 10. I am now running Windows 10 1903 and one very small change I have noticed is that when I do a right click on a menu the text highlight is a white/cream colour (Image below) which...
  5. In Win10, how to search for text WITHIN files on disk?

in Cortana
    In Win10, how to search for text WITHIN files on disk?: …as opposed to just file NAMES? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-win10-how-to-search-for-text-within-files-on/59f64463-e751-4efd-bf33-b9d2fc471c15"
  6. Win10 desktop icon text colour

Win10 desktop icon text colour: Hi, i have a problem i have seen commented on many time going back several years so i am hoping MS has finally fixed the problem. The text for the desktop ICONs is white and almost unreadable when there is a light screen. I run three monitors as a CAD designer and have...
  7. monitor text and background colours

monitor text and background colours: I am using a HP Pavilion 500 PC and a HP 23" 500 Pavilion monitor with Windows 10. I want to change text from black on a white background, to a white text on a black background in all Windows folders (with the usual coloured icons on Desktop). How do I accomplish...
  8. Displays no text

Displays no text: hello, I had a malicious software infecting my computer so I reset my pc, deleting all my personal files and programs. however after resetting, i didn't connect my computer to internet but when i checked local disk C, there was an update on it : $Windows. ~bt. I didnt think...
  9. Text Colours

Text Colours: My Desktop normally shows text in black and / or green - can I change the green text to a more readable colour? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/text-colours/e2164841-5989-4f69-9713-9870d6fd1dc9
  10. Lock Screen Text Colour

Lock Screen Text Colour: I was going through Lock Screen settings the other day but I cant find any way to change the Time/Date from the default White, is this possible ? [img] 57473