Windows 10: win7 install

Discus and support win7 install in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Tried to install win7 on a new hdd but MS claims product code invalid, still have the original box that win7 came in. Have been using win10 for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by robert, Jul 17, 2016.

1. robert Win User

win7 install

Tried to install win7 on a new hdd but MS claims product code invalid, still have the original box that win7 came in. Have been using win10 for the biggest part of the year---what gives,. Is it after using win10 for a while MS no longer recognizes win 7?

:)

robert, Jul 17, 2016
  2. Erdeslawe Win User

Can i re-install Win7 with my original Win7 key if i don't like Win10?

That question is answered in the link provided by Andre Da Costa, i.e. it the same procedure as 'down-grading' from the Insider Preview to your original System installation. You just need to make sure you have the necessary installation media/keys and
    data backups. You would then also still have a right to install the 'free' upgrade at any time during the 12 month period announced for the offer.

Erdeslawe, Jul 17, 2016
  3. Andre Da Costa, Jul 17, 2016
  4. spunk Win User

win7 install

If you activated this Windows 7 previously with this disc, you cannot activate it again.
    You can skip the product key in the install and Windows will install, then try putting the key in again. If that fails, then call Microsoft to activate your Windows again.

spunk, Jul 17, 2016
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Run showkey plus from here:
    Showkey - Windows 10 Forums

Click the option on the upper right to check product key and enter your product key. Post the result here and we can help you,

Example:

win7 install [​IMG]

Be sure to blank out part of the product key, or just post what the result is:
    Windows 7 Professional OEM:COA

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

win7 install

1. win7 install - Similar Threads - win7 install

2. Win7 to Win10 installation error: 0xC1900101 - 0x4000D

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win7 to Win10 installation error: 0xC1900101 - 0x4000D: Hello,I am trying to update a Win7 device to Win10 using the media creation tool from this link: microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10, and am having one problem after another. When I first tried, I was able to open/run the media creation tool, and everything seemed...
  3. Win7 to Win10 installation error: 0xC1900101 - 0x4000D

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win7 to Win10 installation error: 0xC1900101 - 0x4000D: Hello,I am trying to update a Win7 device to Win10 using the media creation tool from this link: microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10, and am having one problem after another. When I first tried, I was able to open/run the media creation tool, and everything seemed...
  4. Win7 to Win10 installation error: 0xC1900101 - 0x4000D

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. "access denied" trying to copy win7 DVD to hard drive for install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "access denied" trying to copy win7 DVD to hard drive for install: So I'm trying to install win7 from an external DVD drive and it gives me that error about it "unable to create system partition" so I tried to copy the DVD to the hard drive but it said "access denied". How should I proceed? Thanks...
  6. "access denied" trying to copy win7 DVD to hard drive for install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "access denied" trying to copy win7 DVD to hard drive for install: So I'm trying to install win7 from an external DVD drive and it gives me that error about it "unable to create system partition" so I tried to copy the DVD to the hard drive but it said "access denied". How should I proceed? Thanks...
  7. Win7 to Win10 upgrade vs fresh Win 10 install: is fresh truly better?

Win7 to Win10 upgrade vs fresh Win 10 install: is fresh truly better?: I recently did a Win 10 21H1 fresh install on a virgin M.2 NVMe drive and was surprised to discover a size of 28.6 GB (discounting the pagefile and hibernate files). This was considerably larger than expected based on research and my recollection of a Win 7 to Win 10 1909...
  8. i did not repair my pc 2 years ago win7 i did not know i have usb or cd install repair your...

i did not repair my pc 2 years ago win7 i did not know i have usb or cd install repair your...: i did not repair my pc 2 years ago win7 i did not know i have usb or cd install repair your computer i just installed with full format can i still recover my data after trojans removed my bcd,boot,mbr...
  9. Migrating a Win7 install to a pc with Win10 preinstalled?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Migrating a Win7 install to a pc with Win10 preinstalled?: Hello, What's the best way to migrate everything (softwares, etc) from an old computer with Win7 to a new computer with Win10? I could clone but then I'd lose Win10 I can't upgrade from 7 to 10 because the OS is already installed on the target computer I could drag and drop...
  10. Win7 Pro Old PC --> Win10 Pro clean install new PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win7 Pro Old PC --> Win10 Pro clean install new PC?: Hey, as the title says, I have a valid Win 7 pro license running on my old PC. Can I in any way transfer this to install Win 10 Pro on my new device? Thanks! submitted by /u/0x07C3 [link] [comments]...