Windows 10: win7 install

Discus and support win7 install in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Tried to install win7 on a new hdd but MS claims product code invalid, still have the original box that win7 came in. Have been using win10 for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by robert, Jul 17, 2016.

1. robert Win User

win7 install

Tried to install win7 on a new hdd but MS claims product code invalid, still have the original box that win7 came in. Have been using win10 for the biggest part of the year---what gives,. Is it after using win10 for a while MS no longer recognizes win 7?

:)

robert, Jul 17, 2016
  2. Erdeslawe Win User

Can i re-install Win7 with my original Win7 key if i don't like Win10?

That question is answered in the link provided by Andre Da Costa, i.e. it the same procedure as 'down-grading' from the Insider Preview to your original System installation. You just need to make sure you have the necessary installation media/keys and
    data backups. You would then also still have a right to install the 'free' upgrade at any time during the 12 month period announced for the offer.

Erdeslawe, Jul 17, 2016
  3. Andre Da Costa, Jul 17, 2016
  4. spunk Win User

win7 install

If you activated this Windows 7 previously with this disc, you cannot activate it again.
    You can skip the product key in the install and Windows will install, then try putting the key in again. If that fails, then call Microsoft to activate your Windows again.

spunk, Jul 17, 2016
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Run showkey plus from here:
    Showkey - Windows 10 Forums

Click the option on the upper right to check product key and enter your product key. Post the result here and we can help you,

Example:

win7 install [​IMG]

Be sure to blank out part of the product key, or just post what the result is:
    Windows 7 Professional OEM:COA

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

win7 install

1. win7 install - Similar Threads - win7 install

2. WIN10 Home - Installing as virtual machine on PC running WIN7 Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    WIN10 Home - Installing as virtual machine on PC running WIN7 Pro: I have been following the thread entitled "Windows 7 - what should we do after January 2020" which was started by Windower7 in April 2019 and still going. Up until a week ago I had decided to keep WIN7 for a few more years. I had a new computer, custom built in October 2016,...
  3. Error 0xC004F012. I have a genuine win7 install and upgraded to the free win10 offer ages ago

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Error 0xC004F012. I have a genuine win7 install and upgraded to the free win10 offer ages ago: Hi, I'm sure this is the millionth time somebody has asked this but my win7 to win10 has been working from day one, everything genuine, boxed win7. I'm now on win10 from years back when MS offered a free upgrade. Since yesterday, my PC is now unuseable and I have a...
  4. Re-Installation Question - Free Upgade from Win7 - No Media

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Re-Installation Question - Free Upgade from Win7 - No Media: So I have Windows 10 Pro Ver. 1909 It was a free upgrade from Microsoft over my previous Windows 7 Ultimate. I have no physical copy of Windows 10, nor any installation media other then some "upgrade" files that were downloaded from Microsoft to my USB Stick. So.. I have...
  5. Moving MS Office and data from old Win7 Pro boot drive to new Win10 Ent. install

Moving MS Office and data from old Win7 Pro boot drive to new Win10 Ent. install: My old Intel 540S 480GB SSD failed... which was my boot drive with Windows 7 Pro on it. I bought a new 1TB SSD, installed Win 10 Ent. on it, but need to move my old MS Office 2007 installation with alllll of my user data from the old drive to the new one. The old drive has...
  6. Confused between installing win7 or win10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Confused between installing win7 or win10: So I recently bought a new SSD and installed windows 10 pro on it (which was provided by a friend in a USB) after installing it i noticed that my fan was making a lot of noise . I cleaned it up there was some dust etc on it ig but it is still making that noise which is...
  7. i installed the free version of win 10 in 2016 then reverted back to win7 can i now...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    i installed the free version of win 10 in 2016 then reverted back to win7 can i now...: i installed the free version of win 10 in 2016 then reverted back to win7, can i now reinstall the free version of win 10? This would be on the same machine but with a different hard drive as i had a problem with the HD very early on after the upgrade from win7, probably...
  8. Win7 Pro - Error: "0x8007042B - 0x2000D The installation failed ...

Win7 Pro - Error: "0x8007042B - 0x2000D The installation failed ...: Trying to do the "upgrade" to Windows 10 from a legal Windows 7 Pro (64-bit). I've done many of these in the past and had few issues but this is my own personal PC and I need it! Upgrade aborts with "Error: "0x8007042B - 0x2000D The installation failed" (see below)...
  9. Two part question: Use a Win7 key to install Win10 on a new machine, and what happens if I...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Two part question: Use a Win7 key to install Win10 on a new machine, and what happens if I...: This is going to be short b/c it's already been deleted twice by accident. I have two Win7 keys (one OEM I think and one retail) that I used to build past computers. One I upgraded to Win10 and still use. The other, the machine's motherboard failed, and I took the hard drive...
  10. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL after ram installation but win7 32bit working!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL after ram installation but win7 32bit working!: I have a desktop pc with 3GB RAM, win7 32bit and win10 64bit (both working fine). I installed 16GB RAM (throwing away the old 3GB). After that, win7 32bit is working fine (saying installed memory 16GB, 3,50GB usable). But when I boot from win10 64bit, I am getting a blue...