Windows 10: Win7 Installation Issue on broken Win10 System. (Lenovo Notebook)

Discus and support Win7 Installation Issue on broken Win10 System. (Lenovo Notebook) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The situation: Expired Win10 Indsider upgrade installation, no longer booting (winload.exe / 0x0000605) Attempted solution: Reinstalling Win7 from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by monokoi, Jan 31, 2016.

1. monokoi Win User

Win7 Installation Issue on broken Win10 System. (Lenovo Notebook)

The situation: Expired Win10 Indsider upgrade installation, no longer booting (winload.exe / 0x0000605)

Attempted solution: Reinstalling Win7 from DVD

Problem: Win10 ignores the boot sequence, always boots from HDD. Changed boot sequence to select DVD ROM and tried from the boot menu during system start. After loading the DVD a while, it always boots to Win10 repair screen. (No secure boot options found in BIOS, maybe hidden?)

Win10 is driving me nuts, as I can't reinstall Win7 anymore. Any ideas please?

:)

monokoi, Jan 31, 2016

2. lenovo maschine with win10 64Bit connected to the beamer it apears with stripes

We took 2 Notebook 1 Dell machine with win10 and 1 Lenovo machine with win10 64Bit.

Wen we attach the devices Dell or Lenovo to the beamer it appears with stripes.

As soon as you put down the resolution to 1280 x 800 then the stripes disappear and all works fine.

1280x800 is the highest resolution on both devices where the beamer works fine.

The other way is to use the adapter and VGA cable ( lower resolution ) then it works fine.”

1. Lenovo with Win7 32Bit System it automatically puts the resolution down to 1280x800

2. Dell Notebook with Win7 32Bit System it automatically puts the resolution down to 1280x800

This means that the Win10 image does not automatically put down the resolution and this is producing the issue with the Reamers.

Can you please help and suggest?

NavneetSingh0811, Jan 31, 2016
  3. kg415 Win User
    Windows 7 System Image Not Found on External USB HDD after Windows 10 Backup

I've been successfully saving and restoring Window 7 system images to/from an external USB HD for years. I've successfully restored these Win7 images using a system repair DVD.

Prior to installing Windows 10, I saved a system image to the external HD. After installing Win10, I saved a system image to this same HD.

Now Win10 is randomly freezing, so I wish to restore the latest Win7 image. If I attempt to do this from Win10 Repair, all the old Win7 images are listed, but if I attempt to restore one of these, Win10 Repair says it cannot restore a Win7 image.

When I attempt to restore using the Win7 repair DVD, it fails with the "System Image Not Found" message. The HD is accessible, since I can browse it from a command window. It appears that saving a Win10 image on this HD has broken Win7 system repair.

Any ideas about how to restore a Windows 7 system image in this situation?

kg415, Jan 31, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Try it again with the steps listed below. Please don't deviate.
    Go to Boot Order screen > make sure boot order is CD/DVD > insert the Win 7 DVD > Exit Boot Order screen > shut down > restart.....

davidhk, Jan 31, 2016
  5. monokoi Win User
    Thank you for your reply. I'm not sure if I'm doing it right, as it still boots to HDD / Win10

- Reboot (Ctrl+Alt+Del)
    - Hit "Enter" then F12 for boot selection
    - DVD is displayed first, HDD second.
    - Insert DVD to drive
    - Press "escape" to leave boot menu. Sitting at blank screen, flashing dos prompt
    - Hold power button to shut down
    - Press power button to turn on.

...still boots to win10

monokoi, Jan 31, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    ...still boots to win10 .............

I thought you said " no longer booting ".

Are you saying you can actually login to the expired Win 10 ?
    Yes or No, please reply. It is very important.

One more question :
    How is it possible you could let an Insider Preview expired ?

davidhk, Jan 31, 2016
  7. monokoi Win User
    No, logging in is no longer possible. It'll boot into the repair options. (winload.exe expired)

How is it possible you could let an Insider Preview expired?
    You'd better ask that my wife. ( Need I say more? ;-) )

monokoi, Jan 31, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

Sorry, I have no idea how to help you any further.
    Others in this forum most likely have better ideas than I.
    Please wait a bit for them to come along.

Last resort will be taking the computer and the Win 7 DVD with product key to you "trusted" local computer store and ask for help.

davidhk, Jan 31, 2016
  9. monokoi Win User
    Thank you for your effort. All I want to do is install a fresh copy of Win7. Maybe someone will know how it's done...

monokoi, Jan 31, 2016
  10. NavyLCDR New Member
    Are you sure your Windows 7 DVD is good? When you try to boot from it do you get the initial request to "Press any key to boot from DVD"? Also, what type of Windows 7 are you trying to install, is it a full retail version, OEM version or a recovery DVD made for a specific computer system?

NavyLCDR, Jan 31, 2016
  11. monokoi Win User
    Yes, the DVD is good. It'll run on other computers. I'm not prompted to press a key to boot fomr DVD though. It'll load the DVD for a short while and then go to the Win10 repair screen. From what I've read so far, it's an issue with secure boot - but I can't find any options in the BIOS to disable secure / fast boot.

monokoi, Jan 31, 2016
  12. NavyLCDR New Member
    What model # is the notebook?

NavyLCDR, Jan 31, 2016
  13. cereberus Win User

It may be you are having issues reading dvd on the notebook.

You could download Windows 7 iso from MS using

Windows 7

and then use rufus to write iso files to a usb stick.

Then change your bios settings to boot from usb stick and use that instead.

The above assumes you Windows 7 key is a retail (not oem) key.

cereberus, Jan 31, 2016
  14. monokoi Win User
    Model is a Lenovo Thinkpad 030246G.

As the OS came with the notebook, I'm assuming the key is an OEM version.

monokoi, Jan 31, 2016
  15. davidhk Win User
    Pre-installed product key will NOT be accepted by the Windows 7 link given to you.
    It only accepts Retail version.

I know because I tried that a year ago with my pre-installed Win 7 product key. It was rejected.

Win7 Installation Issue on broken Win10 System. (Lenovo Notebook) [​IMG]

davidhk, Jan 31, 2016
Thema:

1. Win7 Installation Issue on broken Win10 System. (Lenovo Notebook) - Similar Threads - Win7 Installation Issue

2. Win10 licensed Win7 system move to win10 help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 licensed Win7 system move to win10 help: Inherited an Optiplex 3040 with a win10 license and a "downgraded to 7 Pro from factory" install. Hard drive errors beginning so would like to download win10 image and install on a new drive. Dell used Legacy settings on these and I would install on new drive with ahci. What...
  3. Win10 licensed Win7 system move to win10 help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 licensed Win7 system move to win10 help: Inherited an Optiplex 3040 with a win10 license and a "downgraded to 7 Pro from factory" install. Hard drive errors beginning so would like to download win10 image and install on a new drive. Dell used Legacy settings on these and I would install on new drive with ahci. What...
  4. Win10 licensed Win7 system move to win10 help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Lenovo display issues on an older notebook with Win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lenovo display issues on an older notebook with Win10: More than one attempt has been made to fix the problem I have, but it recurs. I've done Reset 2 or 3 times, and as with helpers like Greg Carmack and AW and others, it seems to help for a while, but doesn't last. Part or all of it seems to be a display issue, and I've...
  6. Win7 on Win10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win7 on Win10?: Hey, When i boot up my windows 10 machine i get a classic windows 7 start up menu i believe it is when i made a win7 bootable but now i have this permanently. i went so far as to reset my pc nothing works. Please help! Link to video of what happens:...
  7. Comparing Win10 installation to Win7?

Comparing Win10 installation to Win7?: Getting ready to clean install Win10 Pro 64-bit on a newly built desktop PC (with external USB DVD) using the downloaded ISO for the newest build. (I also have a purchased install disk and license, but not sure which build it is.) I've installed Win7 numerous times (on other...
  8. Confused between installing win7 or win10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Confused between installing win7 or win10: So I recently bought a new SSD and installed windows 10 pro on it (which was provided by a friend in a USB) after installing it i noticed that my fan was making a lot of noise . I cleaned it up there was some dust etc on it ig but it is still making that noise which is...
  9. Dual install - WIN10 and WIN7

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Dual install - WIN10 and WIN7: I did a dual install with win10 and win7 - after installation of win10 went and ran win7 and nearly all my executable icons had a security shield on them. I wanted to keep my win7 install with all my stuff on - just me. *Wink Why did win10 do this and how do I remove them?...
  10. Win10+Win7 dual boot issue

Win10+Win7 dual boot issue: Dear all, I hope I have not missed a thread with a similar problem: I had Win10 installed on drive C: with the boot loader on drive D: (where I previously had my old Win10 installation). I wanted to add Win7 to my PC and formated drive D: - I totally forgot that I had the...