Windows 10: Win7 Installation Issue on broken Win10 System. (Lenovo Notebook)

Discus and support Win7 Installation Issue on broken Win10 System. (Lenovo Notebook) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Model is a Lenovo Thinkpad 030246G. As the OS came with the notebook, I'm assuming the key is an OEM version. You can get the iso from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by monokoi, Jan 31, 2016.

1. cereberus Win User

Win7 Installation Issue on broken Win10 System. (Lenovo Notebook)

You can get the iso from the following link (this site is well respected and I have never heard any suggestions that the isos are dodgy and I have used them myself without any problems).

Microsoft DigitalRiver Mirror

Note: it is important your key is the COA key as usually printed on a blue sticker on base of PC, not one previously extracted from registry (whilst Windows 7 was running) using a keyfinder.

cereberus, Jan 31, 2016
  2. NavyLCDR New Member

It sounds like it is a problem with the DVD and the notebook. It might be a marginal DVD that other drives can read or it might be a defective DVD drive in the notebook.

Can the notebook boot from a USB flash drive? I would use ImgBurn to attempt to make a bootable ISO file from the DVD you have:
    The Official ImgBurn Website

Then use Rufus to make a standard MBR bootable USB flash drive from the ISO:
    Rufus - Create bootable USB drives the easy way

Then try booting the notebook from the USB flash drive, hopefully it has that capability.

I have not done this process myself...I really should try it sometime.

And yes, it is important to have the product key from the COA label on the notebook.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Win7 Installation Issue on broken Win10 System. (Lenovo Notebook)

1. Win7 Installation Issue on broken Win10 System. (Lenovo Notebook) - Similar Threads - Win7 Installation Issue

2. Win10 licensed Win7 system move to win10 help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 licensed Win7 system move to win10 help: Inherited an Optiplex 3040 with a win10 license and a "downgraded to 7 Pro from factory" install. Hard drive errors beginning so would like to download win10 image and install on a new drive. Dell used Legacy settings on these and I would install on new drive with ahci. What...
  3. Win10 licensed Win7 system move to win10 help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 licensed Win7 system move to win10 help: Inherited an Optiplex 3040 with a win10 license and a "downgraded to 7 Pro from factory" install. Hard drive errors beginning so would like to download win10 image and install on a new drive. Dell used Legacy settings on these and I would install on new drive with ahci. What...
  4. Win10 licensed Win7 system move to win10 help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Lenovo display issues on an older notebook with Win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lenovo display issues on an older notebook with Win10: More than one attempt has been made to fix the problem I have, but it recurs. I've done Reset 2 or 3 times, and as with helpers like Greg Carmack and AW and others, it seems to help for a while, but doesn't last. Part or all of it seems to be a display issue, and I've...
  6. Win7 on Win10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win7 on Win10?: Hey, When i boot up my windows 10 machine i get a classic windows 7 start up menu i believe it is when i made a win7 bootable but now i have this permanently. i went so far as to reset my pc nothing works. Please help! Link to video of what happens:...
  7. Comparing Win10 installation to Win7?

Comparing Win10 installation to Win7?: Getting ready to clean install Win10 Pro 64-bit on a newly built desktop PC (with external USB DVD) using the downloaded ISO for the newest build. (I also have a purchased install disk and license, but not sure which build it is.) I've installed Win7 numerous times (on other...
  8. Confused between installing win7 or win10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Confused between installing win7 or win10: So I recently bought a new SSD and installed windows 10 pro on it (which was provided by a friend in a USB) after installing it i noticed that my fan was making a lot of noise . I cleaned it up there was some dust etc on it ig but it is still making that noise which is...
  9. Dual install - WIN10 and WIN7

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Dual install - WIN10 and WIN7: I did a dual install with win10 and win7 - after installation of win10 went and ran win7 and nearly all my executable icons had a security shield on them. I wanted to keep my win7 install with all my stuff on - just me. *Wink Why did win10 do this and how do I remove them?...
  10. Win10+Win7 dual boot issue

Win10+Win7 dual boot issue: Dear all, I hope I have not missed a thread with a similar problem: I had Win10 installed on drive C: with the boot loader on drive D: (where I previously had my old Win10 installation). I wanted to add Win7 to my PC and formated drive D: - I totally forgot that I had the...