Windows 10: Win7 key to reboot Win10

Discus and support Win7 key to reboot Win10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My PC used to run Win7 when I bought it few years ago, upgraded it to Win10 later as it was free. I would like to reboot my windows 10 now but do I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by HenryLaw_1989, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Win7 key to reboot Win10

My PC used to run Win7 when I bought it few years ago, upgraded it to Win10 later as it was free.

I would like to reboot my windows 10 now but do I use my old Win7 product key to reinstall Win10? or is the key no longer usable at all?

:)

HenryLaw_1989, Aug 24, 2020

2. Hello, can I use the win10 key to activate mny win7?

Btw, does the program u suggested me detect only the win7 key (if there is) or it should detect the win10 key as well?

Also, I upgraded from win7 to 10, so doesn't it count as "u can downgrade to win7"?

TheYoloCat, Aug 24, 2020
  3. LeoBloom Win User
    Built new computer, running unactivated Win10 Home, have Win7 Pro key

I was initially thinking of buying a Win10 Home key, but I realized I still have a Win7 Pro key I purchased that I have never upgraded to Win10 and is not currently in use.

Two questions

• Can I use the Win7 key to activate Win10 (or is that no longer an option)
    • Will Win10 Home turn into Win10 Pro (assuming I can still use key)

LeoBloom, Aug 24, 2020
  4. yasainuki Win User

Win7 key to reboot Win10

Win7 to Win10 - Product key question

I'm just wondering if the product key I purchased years ago for Win7 will still be valid if I reserve Win10 and install it?

Say for example I want to have Win7 on my main studio PC (as I know all my DAWs and VST plugins work on there perfectly), but also run Win10 on my other machine, would that be possible from the same key? Or would I void the Win7 key as soon as I reserve
    and install Win10?

I rely on Win7 for work, so the last thing I want is to void my key for it.

I often reformat my system and I'd hate to do so then find out my Win7 key no longer works...

Thanks in advance!

yasainuki, Aug 24, 2020
Thema:

Win7 key to reboot Win10

1. Win7 key to reboot Win10 - Similar Threads - Win7 key reboot

2. Win7 to Win10 using Win7 product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win7 to Win10 using Win7 product key: I have an old computer that was running Windows 7 with an original product key, I just purchased a used laptop that is much faster than my old box had Windows 10 installed on it and would like to use my Windows 7 product key to activate Win10. I tried entering the Win7...
  3. Win7 to Win10 using Win7 product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win7 to Win10 using Win7 product key: I have an old computer that was running Windows 7 with an original product key, I just purchased a used laptop that is much faster than my old box had Windows 10 installed on it and would like to use my Windows 7 product key to activate Win10. I tried entering the Win7...
  4. Win7 to Win10 using Win7 product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Win7 on Win10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win7 on Win10?: Hey, When i boot up my windows 10 machine i get a classic windows 7 start up menu i believe it is when i made a win7 bootable but now i have this permanently. i went so far as to reset my pc nothing works. Please help! Link to video of what happens:...
  6. Win7 to Win10 on new hardware and a lost Win10 key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win7 to Win10 on new hardware and a lost Win10 key: Hey folks. Sorry if this has been answered before but I've been scrounging around online on and off for the last week and not found the answer to my specific question so here goes: I have a retail license for Windows 7 Home Premium which was installed on a old PC where I...
  7. Win7 home->Win10 home->Win10 Pro with retail key?

Win7 home->Win10 home->Win10 Pro with retail key?: I have a PC that started at Win7 home OEM. It was free upgraded to Win10 home. I purchased a win10 pro retail key. If I use the key, will I end up with a Win10 pro retail? There are benefits to having retail versions....
  8. Win7 product key not working for Win10

Win7 product key not working for Win10: Hi, I had Win7 liscence. Unfortually I format my laptop and Install Win10. But Win7 key is not working on Win10. Could you please help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win7-product-key-not-working-for-win10/07144e2a-95b6-472c-9211-4e01c2b43ac5
  9. Win7 key to reinstall Win10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win7 key to reinstall Win10: My PC used to run Win7 when I bought it few years ago, upgraded it to Win10 later as it was free. I would like to reinstall my windows 10 now but do I use my old Win7 product key to reinstall Win10? or is the key no longer usable at all?...
  10. Win10 from Win7 activation key lost

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 from Win7 activation key lost: Hi everyone, I'll try to be as brief as possible with this matter: I used to have an old VAIO laptop back when Windows 10 was released, and there was the chance to update from my original activation of Windows 7. I did so, then gave this laptop to a realtive, and just got...