Windows 10: Win7 OEM to 10 Pro OEM

Discus and support Win7 OEM to 10 Pro OEM in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I currently have windows 7 professional OEM on a build. Is it possible to do a clean install on the system with with the same motherboard with new SSD?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/K3N5T3R, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Win7 OEM to 10 Pro OEM

I currently have windows 7 professional OEM on a build. Is it possible to do a clean install on the system with with the same motherboard with new SSD? Or will I run into activation issues?

submitted by /u/K3N5T3R
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/K3N5T3R, Jun 12, 2020

2. Win7 Pro (OEM) to Win10

Thanks Andre.

Just as I knew...

My original question was why I wasn't able to chose Win10 Pro when using the MCT from within Win7 Pro OEM. I'm guessing my original suggestions were correct?

Henry

HenryHonda, Jun 12, 2020
  3. Win7 Pro (OEM) to Win10

Just tried to use the MS 'Media Creation Tool' to download an .iso of Win10 Pro 64-bit - the only OS offered in the dropdown box is Win10 Home!

Currently running Win7 Pro (OEM) on my last machine to be upgraded. I haven't yet done the automatic 'upgrade' to Win10. Of course, I know I need to do this before doing a clean install with a downloaded .iso. Is this the reason for no choice of the Pro
    version?

If first I do the free upgrade from Win7 Pro (OEM) to Win10...

a) Will the upgraded OS show as Win10 Pro (OEM)?
    and;

b) If I then run the 'Media Creation Tool', will I then be offered a choice of Win10 Home or Win10 Pro in the drop-down?

It was always my understanding that Win7 Pro (OEM) was entitled to a free upgrade to Win10 Pro (OEM)...

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Henry

HenryHonda, Jun 12, 2020
  4. Win7 OEM to 10 Pro OEM

Upgrade a Win 10 home OEM to Win 10 Pro OEM with Win 10 Pro OEM Key?

I recently purchased a laptop that has an OEM version of Win 10 Home on it.

I verified this by using : slmgr -dli.

Previously I had purchased an OEM Win 10 Pro Key.

Can I use this OEM Win 10 Pro Key to upgrade the OEM Win 10 Home to the OEM Win 10 Pro.

If so what are the steps to accomplish this?

In addition, I assume that is this is possible, that the current product key will be updated to the new product key?

The reason I am asking this is that it's my understanding that these product keys are tied to the bios on a name brand laptop.

TIA

shockwaveriderz, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

Win7 OEM to 10 Pro OEM

1. Win7 OEM to 10 Pro OEM - Similar Threads - Win7 OEM Pro

2. New OEM Windows Pro and old OEM Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New OEM Windows Pro and old OEM Home: I have Windows 10 Home OEM 8.1 and I need Windows 10 Pro like second OS on another disks on one laptop. May I activate another new OEM key for Windows Pro? Or it will be blocking during activation because I have another OEM on this device and in my case I must buy ESD Licence...
  3. New OEM Windows Pro and old OEM Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New OEM Windows Pro and old OEM Home: I have Windows 10 Home OEM 8.1 and I need Windows 10 Pro like second OS on another disks on one laptop. May I activate another new OEM key for Windows Pro? Or it will be blocking during activation because I have another OEM on this device and in my case I must buy ESD Licence...
  4. New OEM Windows Pro and old OEM Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Pro OEM upgrade

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pro OEM upgrade: Hi all, Reading multiple topics including on Microsoft knowledge pages, Is it possible (has anyone managed) to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro using Microsoft’s generic key, then activating with a Pro OEM key after the upgrade within Settings>Update>Activation? submitted...
  6. Replace the Home OEM key with a Pro OEM key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Replace the Home OEM key with a Pro OEM key: Hi all, I ordered a new Ryzen 9 4900H laptop and it comes with Windows 10 Home. I am assuming this is OEM version of Windows and the product key is tied to the BIOS as per normal. I also have a spare Windows 10 Pro OEM key (not retail). If I wipe all partitions, and clean...
  7. OEM 10 Home to Pro cost

OEM 10 Home to Pro cost: Hi Anyone know the cost of upgrading a brand new OEM Windows 10 Home OS to Windows 10 Pro? I don't actually have the laptop yet I need to know the difference in cost to work out whether the discount on the pre-configured laptop is worth the hassle / cost Thanks...
  8. Upgrade a Win 10 home OEM to Win 10 Pro OEM with Win 10 Pro OEM Key?

Upgrade a Win 10 home OEM to Win 10 Pro OEM with Win 10 Pro OEM Key?: I recently purchased a laptop that has an OEM version of Win 10 Home on it. I verified this by using : slmgr -dli. Previously I had purchased an OEM Win 10 Pro Key. Can I use this OEM Win 10 Pro Key to upgrade the OEM Win 10 Home to the OEM Win 10 Pro. If so what are...
  9. free upgrade to win10 from oem win7 pro

free upgrade to win10 from oem win7 pro: i have another laptop with pre-installed of win7 pro. its oem license and activated. i can download win10 media creation tools from microsoft website and installed it into that laptop and that win10 shows it is activated. my question is do i need to purchase license for win10...
  10. Win 8 Home OEM to 10 Pro.. via 7 Pro OEM disk?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 8 Home OEM to 10 Pro.. via 7 Pro OEM disk?: I've ordered a refurbished Asus laptop that has Win 8 Home preinstalled. I want to upgrade to Win 10 Pro. What'd be the ideal/doable path to do that, considering... I have Win 7 Pro OEM disc.. I don't have any Win 10 discs. Can I download and do clean install Win 10 Pro...